shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to buy an Australian Sapphire from? Advice please!

susan_a

Rough_Rock
I’m wanting to buy an Australian Sapphire to have it set in a ring but I’m really struggling to find good options.

I’ve found a couple at:
- Seda Gems,
- Gems and Jewels UK
- Sapphire Pal (Etsy)

but none really jump out at me as being “the one” yet. Also, I’m struggling to find feedback on these sellers.

I know Bespoke Gems also has a few, but I really dislike there being no advertised prices.

has anyone purchased from any of these sellers?

Are there any other reputable places I could look at for Australian Sapphires?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would email bespoke gems for something as important as an engagment ring. He is amazing, and his prices are fair (Even though not always listed).

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Probably look this guy up

I think this might be his current store, but I actually dont know (as it used to be called something else so I am surprised by the name)

I suspect this is probably not so helpful -- but you know australian sapphires shift colour quite a bit and can be a bit dark right? So you need to evaluate photos in all light conditions to find one you like.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, Doug from Bespoke Gems is in Sydney and I’ve been in to visit him. He doesn’t necessarily list all his sapphires and he always has rough. So it’s definitely worth contacting him. He‘s a very nice bloke. His prices are fair and he can also put you in contact with a designer/ goldsmith if you are needing a special piece made.
Australian sapphires are often a deeper hue of blue but most interesting are parti sapphires. That’s two or sometimes 3 colours in the one gem. Doug as a cutter is particularly adept at bringing out the best in a gem.

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Jamie can be reached at firstclassfacets on Instagram. I have purchased from him before, though I bought garnets not sapphires. He is extremely talented and his customer service is excellent. I would highly recommend him!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results