shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to buy a small but well cut natural pink sapphire?

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
I live in Australia and have recently found a local jeweller whose rings I really like who is able to work with external stones (yipee!). I have been wanting a pink sapphire oval halo for a while now but I am a bit clueless about where to source one which will actually sparkle, unlike the lifeless ones I've seen in jewellery stores IRL.

Luckily I am wanting something small, either 6x4mm or even 5x3mm but I would like for it to be well cut and have a nice medium to deep colour, "hot pink" I guess would be the dream!

I wish I could get into the idea of a lab grown stone but I feel like a natural one is really the only one I would be interested in. I've recently found out about Angara so part of me is tempted to just buy someting in their "heirloom" quality but the other part of me wonders if this is a smart way to go about this and whether this would actually result in a high quality stone.

Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated. =)2

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hot pink sapphire 6 x 4 mm oval?
What is your budget? Does your budget already include import tax to Australia?
Do you mind/care if it is heated?
Well cut good enough or preference for precision cut?

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
Hot pink sapphire 6 x 4 mm oval?
What is your budget? Does your budget already include import tax to Australia?
Do you mind/care if it is heated?
Well cut good enough or preference for precision cut?

To be honest I am not too sure what a realistic budget is for this kind of stone, but I am planning to wear this ring as a right hand ring, so it does not need to be the highest quality as long at it looks eye clean and doesn't have any super wonky windowing (I think that is the term?) or other strange effects going on. As far as heated again I am still learning so not yet fully sure of how this impacts the stone but as long as it's not something that is significantly bad then I really don't mind. And for the cut, I do love the idea of precision cut but I would also be happy if I found a stone and our lovely members here ghave it a thumbs up as a pretty nice stone. I really do need to read up on all of this though!

To be honest I am not too sure what a realistic budget is for this kind of stone, but I am planning to wear this ring as a right hand ring, so it does not need to be the highest quality as long at it looks eye clean and doesn't have any super wonky windowing (I think that is the term?) or other strange effects going on. As far as heated again I am still learning so not yet fully sure of how this impacts the stone but as long as it's not something that is significantly bad then I really don't mind. And for the cut, I do love the idea of precision cut but I would also be happy if I found a stone and our lovely members here gave it a thumbs up as a pretty nice stone. I really do need to read up on all of this though!

What an exciting purchase for you! I was thinking Africa Gems (based out of California) might be a good option for you. Marc is a sweet guy, and very accommodating. He also routinely offers 20% discounts off his list prices (inquire). Lastly, he has a very generous return policy. If you do find a stone you like, be sure to ask for extra photos and videos. Sometimes his listing photos aren't the most accurate representation of actual gem color. Good luck!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a beautiful precision-cut round 0.76ct hot pink/fushcia sapphire (5.4mm), heated, offered by Adamant International, listed at $750 -- it's the first stone shown in the attached link -- the vendor is reputable and responsive to communications should you wish to request videos or additional photos -- not sure whether $750 falls within your budget or whether you really prefer an oval shape but wanted to post this gemstone just in case it suits.

https://www.adamantgems.com/sapphire/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results