shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to buy a new engagement ring setting in the SF area?

mountainviewer

Rough_Rock
This diamond engagement ring turned out to be very uncomfortable to wear. I'd like to keep the diamond, and replace the engagement ring. Any recommendations for a shop in the SF Bay Area? Or generic advice on how to find such a shop? (More details...)

The ring was purchased on a major online website that's blue and river-y. It didn't seem comfortable at first, but the thought was maybe it was because it hadn't been resized. Flash forward - the ring has been properly resized, and still uncomfortable. It's like wearing a soda can tab - the dome is too high, too knife edge like. And, of course, it is now outside of the return period.

2 different local shops (Shreve, and one other) at the mall only offered settings that were encrusted with diamonds. They also didn't seem very interested in helping out on this problem. Not their forte I suppose.

Would prefer something that is simple and clean. Oh, and platinum.

Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Where to buy a new engagement ring setting in the SF are

Joe Escobar in San Jose?
worth a try...

OECrystal

Shiny_Rock

Geoffrey's in San Carlos has a nice selection. They also offer custom work if that is what you are looking for.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

yes, Geoffrey's is also a quality shop although it changed hands a few years ago and I haven't been in recently.

Union Street in SF has a lot of jewelers as well.
one of my favs: http://unionstreetgoldsmith.com/

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock

For something clean and modern, Stuart Moore in SF. You'll pay a premium but all hand forged and really gorgeous.

I believe they will only work in platinum and yellow gold, not white gold.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results