shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to buy a diamond in Houston

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

samanthalee

Rough_Rock
I can''t believe how crazy this market is. Does anyone , anyone, know of a "trusted jeweler" - if one exists ( I feel like I am asking if their is an honest lawyer- no offense) out there! I live in houston-
I am looking for a shy 4ct, F,G,H color maybe VS2, princess cut- I am willing to spend between 40-60 K for it!
Help!
Does anyone know the scoop on Roberts Fine Jewelry, or Diamond cutters international, or Shaftel diamonds-
finding this diamond is getting to be almost as hard as finding a partner!

Thanks
32.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,
I''m not near Houston, so the jewelers you mentioned aren''t familiar to me. Whiteflash is located there and you have to call for an appointment. Their stones are beautiful.

www.whiteflash.com

starshine

Shiny_Rock
Whiteflash is in Houston... at the Galleria, I believe. You can''t go wrong with them!
21.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi Sammy! Welcome to PS!

What a wonderful size to be seeking ...
30.gif

I would suggest Whiteflash.com. They are located in Houston and are a reputable Pricescope online vendor. Fantastic prices, top notch cut quality and above and beyond service.

I am positive that they will be able to find something to satisfy your diamond needs.

Good luck on your search.
35.gif
If you find something you love, please make sure to come back and show us what you found!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Whiteflash is right there in Houston, and their ACA Princess stones are just glorious.

They''re very trustworthy; I live in MA and I''ve been a very satisfied customer of theirs for more than 4 years now.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Whiteflash. You have the best of the best right in your hometown!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
Hi from a fellow Houstonian!!
35.gif

You must call Whiteflash, they''re on Richmond near the Galleria - I like to call it the diamond building
9.gif

samanthalee

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for the information. I have several people looking for my ring, and when I get it made, I will definetely post a picture of it.

I just got off the phone with Whiteflash,and the only thing I did not like about them is that they make you pay for shipping if you don''t like the diamond, but at diamond cutters international, i was practically pushed into leaving a deposit.

I would think if you lhave a good diamond, why force someone to buy it, it seems as if you should be able to sell it. Any way, I will give whitflash a try.

Forbes said that blue nile was a good source too, has anyone had any experience with them?
Thank you so much-

secondhandnews

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/15/2008 4:36:29 PM
Author: samanthalee
I just got off the phone with Whiteflash,and the only thing I did not like about them is that they make you pay for shipping if you don''t like the diamond, but at diamond cutters international, i was practically pushed into leaving a deposit.
I think this is a fairly standard practice when a jeweler brings in a virtual choice diamond. I think before WF will even bring in a diamond for viewing, they check the certificate and contact the vendor regarding eye-clean, etc. If at that point the stone promises to meet the buyer''s and WF standards, and the buyer agrees to bring it in, then they will have it shipped in for evaluation. So they have a failry good idea that the stone will meet your requirements when it is shipped. Since you are seeking a larger diamond, it may be difficult to locate one in-stock.

Good luck with your search!!!!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2008 4:36:29 PM
Author: samanthalee

Forbes said that blue nile was a good source too, has anyone had any experience with them?
One problem with BN, especially with fancies, is their non use of reflector technologies to demonstrate performance.

But, shopping for a princess with certification from AGS with their 0 for light performance can make this workable.

Though I saw none at BN...I did see this one at Excel...again...not quite there, but...

ETA...Also...another good source is =3&typ=aj&sd=weight&so=asc&mo=234&o=0#234:2o8h065d]Infinity...and they'll probably work with you to cut to spec.

solange

Brilliant_Rock

When I had Whiteflash send for my stone, Lesley first spoke with the dealer and he gave her a description of the stone and she said it sounded very promising. Since they do a lot of business with their sources, it is unlikely that they would mislead them and take an expensive stone out of circulation only to have it returned.
The agreement was that when the stone came in, it would be carefully examined by Brian and if it did not meet their standards, they would send it back and I would be under no obligation to pay for shipping.
When the stone arrived, Brian called me and said he highly recommended this stone,although it was well below my budget and a little smaller than I wanted. He said it was unusual to find a well cut SI2 in the 4 carat range that was perfectly eye clean.
I feel I got the best possible advice and the appraiser I had it sent to, where I could see it, agreed that it was a gorgeous stone at a great price.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results