shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to buy 1, 1.5, 2 point Diamonds

russo

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I've been trying to look but not sure where I am able to source 1, 1.5, 2 point round Diamonds D-F colour for a ring. Where would I be able to find them?

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm not one of the experts, but seeing you havent got an answer yet (and I think you will) I will venture to say that it's normally the jeweler who sources this small diamonds for their settings. I dare say most jewelers are reluctant to accept melee from other sources, someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I have only seen fancy color melee available for consumers, but then I havent looked for white ones. In any case, you should check with your jeweler prior to buying them. But maybe you are planning to build your own setting?
//aca :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed. The ring maker always sources the melee stones for a ring they are making.

russo

Rough_Rock
Thanks,

It seems that is the case, I think I would try and actually track down fancy colour diamond melee, Argyle Pink and Canary Yellow.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, especially fancies like that you want to work with a the setting vendor. One that used to sourcing those quality of stones.

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
russo|1454482563|3986065 said:
Thanks,

It seems that is the case, I think I would try and actually track down fancy colour diamond melee, Argyle Pink and Canary Yellow.

Hey mate - as someone that deals in Argyle pinks, if you're not in the trade, a word of caution - - even the smalls are priced in the 10s of thousands per carat...not just the thousands (which means 1 single 0.01ct stone in a mid-range 4P can cost you anywhere from $500+)...so make sure that they are what they are before you hand over any cash. All pinks are sold with report numbers for larger single stones, or lot numbers from the Argyle mine - so whoever you get them from should be able to provide you with this info to prove authenticity.
Hope this helps

russo

Rough_Rock
Thanks ADN, that is a good help. I think my partner is swaying away from pinks now for champagne so that's not a bad thing..I hope :lol:

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
russo|1454552682|3986583 said:
Thanks ADN, that is a good help. I think my partner is swaying away from pinks now for champagne so that's not a bad thing..I hope :lol:

With no influence from you I'm sure ;-) ...nicely played :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results