shape
carat
color
clarity

Where should the new people get an ultrasonic cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fabienne

Rough_Rock
I''ve read a lot of threads about ultrasonic cleaners, particuluarly the SI brand. It seems all the PS veterans have the SI cleaner but since that one is no longer available from what I can tell, what brand would you recommend (or not recommend)?

I have a Jewel Jet already which I love but I would liek an ultrasonic as well for when I don''t feel like doing "all that work".

Thanks.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I had one from Brookstone - the lid broke 3 months later.

I replaced it with a Conair from Bed Bath and Beyond that does a great job. Cleans CDs too, LOL.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
https://products.gemappraisers.com/pc-25-1-ultrasonic-cleaner-the-sonic-wave-spa.aspx

This is a solid unit and I believe priced competitively. This is from the shopping cart at my old firm which I am no longer the owner of. Many highly similar ultrasonics are for sale all over the net.... They work just fine. Be very cautious aboutl ow ball selling prices and ridiculous shipping fees posted at the last moment of the order. Very tricky.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 4:07:12 PM
Author: oldminer
https://products.gemappraisers.com/pc-25-1-ultrasonic-cleaner-the-sonic-wave-spa.aspx

This is a solid unit and I believe priced competitively. This is from the shopping cart at my old firm which I am no longer the owner of. Many highly similar ultrasonics are for sale all over the net.... They work just fine. Be very cautious aboutl ow ball selling prices and ridiculous shipping fees posted at the last moment of the order. Very tricky.
Mine looks almost exactly like it (so I guess it''s one of the look-alike imitations that link warns us not to be fooled by?), it''s the GemOro Sparkle Spa. I don''t use it very often (I have gemcare from wink, that + toothbrush does the job for me), but it does work well in my opinion (and very limited experience - this is the only US I''ve owned).

fabienne

Rough_Rock
Geckodani---when did you buy the one from BB&B? I looked on their website last night for an ultrasonic leaner but couldn''t find one. Would love to use a 20% off coupon it. Does it clean glasses?

Dave--thanks for the info. I had forgotten about that one. I may get that one when I pick up the other stuff I need from that website. I''ve been trying to avoid buying from there.

Thank you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve bought some from Ebay, Blitz and Sharper Image. The SI cracked and started to leak within 6 months. The off brand I got on Ebay lasted about the same amount of time. The Blitz has a steal tank and worked well but shook a few stones out of my rings so now i just "soak" my jewelry in it. The lid has cracked on it too. I have a jewel jet that I use on weekends.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

Is this unit save for pave? I have enough pieces without pave to make it worth it, but I don''t want to loosen the pave. Also, can you put a water resistant watch in it to be cleaned. My Omega Constellation has a diamond bezel and a quartz movement.

Thanks
1.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 4:45:39 PM
Author: fabienne
Geckodani---when did you buy the one from BB&B? I looked on their website last night for an ultrasonic leaner but couldn''t find one. Would love to use a 20% off coupon it. Does it clean glasses?

Dave--thanks for the info. I had forgotten about that one. I may get that one when I pick up the other stuff I need from that website. I''ve been trying to avoid buying from there.

Thank you!
I got it in October. I was just in there tonight and didn''t see them.
7.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pave is always risky with an ultrasonic. In time, expect problems with tiny stones becoming loose even if you never use a sonic cleaner. Never put a watch into an ultrasonic cleaner..................

It was possible they were out of them, but I foundit available this morning:

This and the Gem-Oro are virtual clones of one another. Both are just fine for home use.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 7:22:31 AM
Pave is always risky with an ultrasonic. In time, expect problems with tiny stones becoming loose even if you never use a sonic cleaner. Never put a watch into an ultrasonic cleaner..................

It was possible they were out of them, but I foundit available this morning:

This and the Gem-Oro are virtual clones of one another. Both are just fine for home use.
I just told my husband that I asked you this question about my watch. He was horrified
23.gif
He said that a watch is a mechanism first, then jewelry. Just think what would have happened if I had tried it on his new Tag Link. Thanks for saving me from the shame of it
17.gif
I'm generally more savvy than this.......slinks off...

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I ordered one off ebay for about $40 last year and I love it. I use mine daily
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Skip it! Used mine a handful of times and it broke....no wonder they went out of business
38.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I got a Sparkle Spa (actually 2) from eBay at great prices. I like it a lot better than my steam cleaner. A lot easier to use too.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Got this one for Christmas after my SI went kaput. I like this one much better - it does a terrific job!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results