shape
carat
color
clarity

Where on Long Island to get diamond appraised?

carguy

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

Many thanks for the help I had received when shopping for a diamond back in the winter! This forum is great.
I'm looking to get the diamond/ring appraised on long island/westchester NY. NYC is always an option too.
Maybe someone who specializes in Round brilliants? the diamond is a 2.5c, E, Si1, gia ex/ex/ex, i believe the side stones are pear shaped and the ring is platinum.

Thanks!
Mike

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd recommend contacting Good Old Gold (they're on LI). I don't know if they do appraisals, but if not I'm sure they can point you in the right direction.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
ecf8503|1312897146|2987131 said:
I'd recommend contacting Good Old Gold (they're on LI). I don't know if they do appraisals, but if not I'm sure they can point you in the right direction.

that was my thought, too...

http://www.goodoldgold.com/

Ira Z.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same here - GOG!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you need a 4th, I would also go to Good Old Gold! I imagine they do appraisals, but call and ask!

rsandya

Rough_Rock
Good Old Gold Is great ( that is where i got my setting). I got my appraisal done by the "Jewelry Judge" Barry S Block. He is located in Garden City. If you google him you can find him. This was my first time getting anything appraised ever, he was pretty cool, friendly, and explained everything he did. He did my loose diamond, and then we returned to him once it was set. Will be going back once more when we have our wedding rings!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Barry Block
320 Old Country Road Suite 103
Garden City, NY 11530
phone: 516-248-8130

Very well qualified and just an appraiser.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For an appraisal, I would stick with an independent appraiser who does not do anything but appraise, such as Barry Block. I have used him for various pieces of diamond jewelry, and he has been great - nice, professional, honest, and upfront. He is also one of the independent appraisers listed under the "Resources" tab on the Pricescope webpage menu.

FYI - Here's a list of other NY independent appraisers:
https://www.pricescope.com/appraisers/new_york

Mike03

Rough_Rock
Five Stars - The value of Deborah's appraisal is truly 2nd to none. The name of her business is "The Jewelry Appraiser" located at 1295 Northern Blvd Ste 15 Manhasset, NY 11030. I saved a significant amount of money as a result of her appraisal. She is brutally honest, has integrity, and is looking out for her customers best interest. Her office staff is extremely friendly and office decor is really nice, making the visit very comfortable. A dozen roses were delivered to Deborah's office and I proposed to my finance in her office. Deborah went above and beyond to make my experience much more than just receiving an appraisal. The experience was magical. She was a blessing. God looked out for my fiance' and I through Deborah. All my future jewelry appraisals will be done by Deborah.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder how Deborah felt when she found out the roses were not for her? :lol:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have also used Barry several times, just make an appointment!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results