shape
carat
color
clarity

Where have all the H&A .9 - 1 ct gone?

Murander

Rough_Rock
It seems there was a much greater abundance of .9 - 1.00 ct H&A diamonds between VS2 and IF, between G and D color back in the last quarter of 2010.

Wish I would have picked up one of these back in December.

Is the diamond inventory, in general, being artifically limited to increase prices?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those stones may be sent to other markets, not the N.Am market, at present.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
This is an SI1 but it looks great! This is one of the cleanest SI1s I've seen it looks like a VS2 or better by the grading report, and there is no additional comments of clarity which you hardly ever see so I thought I would post it, hopefully it doesn't get snatched before you see it :twirl:

Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread
or diameter for weight Very Good
Total Visual Performance 1.2 - Excellent
within TIC range

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2199910.htm

Gibson486

Rough_Rock
Yeah, i asked the same questions months ago. Right before the new year, i would go to any e-tailer and i wold see at least 50 diamonds that were about .9ct. Then after the new years, the amount grew smaller and smaller. Now I can view the total inventory GIA Ex cut diamonds (about .9 to .94ct) among 4 vendors in one single page. Luckily, I found a diamond in Febuary right before they had another price increase. I had to settle for a table size of 58%, but everything matched what I was looking for.

It seems that other countries are buying diamonds by the boat load....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys must have been seeing the same stones listed by more than one vendor because there are never a lot of excellent cut stones in the .90 range. Cutters will try to get to the 1 ct. mark even if it means sacrificing cut quality a bit because a 1 ct. stone is valued higher. The few we see come up are grabbed pretty quickly by people who want close to the size of a carat without the price jump.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results