carat
color
clarity

Where else to look for a tranny?

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi All,

I'm trying to find a transitional european round and have a budget to stick to, so I'm having some difficulty.
Where else can I look besides JbG, LAD, and Old world ?

My criteria is:
1.70-1.99, larger table, will go down to a K color, will do a SI1-2 if eye clean.
Budget is $8-9k.

Thank yoU!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Did you contact each of them and see if they are expecting anything or can source something like that? You wouldn't consider going L or lower if its a well cut stone or one with flor?

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi artdeco - thanks for your reply. Yes I have been in contact with both of them and so far nothing fits the bill.

Yes, I would go lower to an M possibly, especially if it had flouro to help whiten it up

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes Mayk, I did! It's only eye clean from 10" tho....that will bother me terribly.....I will Love staring at it and do not want to be looking at inclusions

let me know if you see anything else! Thankyou!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Niel, that one is LOVELY! Thank you for looking for me. I may contact them to inquire about it. I wish it were a tad bigger though
:naughty:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jetmal|1458507643|4008517 said:
Niel, that one is LOVELY! Thank you for looking for me. I may contact them to inquire about it. I wish it were a tad bigger though
:naughty:

Yeah. I understand, but I mean, for old cuts, you kind of got to take what you can find, I feel like. And the size really would he negligible on the hand compared to a deeper 1.7ct

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mayk- thank you for sending those Leon's.....they are lovely too! I will keep those in mind

arkieb- I decided not to go with that stone.....while it's absolutely stunning and a great value, I fear that it will not satisfy my lust for an OEC. This needs to be my ring "for awhile" I have learned not to say "forever" and I just really have my heart set on a Tranny. There is another PSer thats working on making an offer on that great stone, so hopefully they work something out. It truly was a great looking RB.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did Adam have anything that would work? I think the problem is that Old Cuts are becoming more expensive to find than preloved RBs that is why I suggested the RB. Ebay and actually going to Antique gem shows might have to be options you consider as well.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Have you tried Ilya at My Diamond Zone? He seems to have access to outside stones. I had initially bought a 1.77 I (EGL but it faced up very white) from him for under $9000, but ended up returning it because it was a bit too out of round for an Emilya. I found him helpful and easy to work with.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would also try ID Jewlery.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
jaaron - I cant seem to find that site? Do you have contact info?

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
thank you Pintobean, I will look at ID as well!

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry - he trades on ebay as my diamond zone, but I think the shop is just Diamond Zone. I believe some pricescopers have been to the store and had a positive experience.

http://www.diamondzonejewelry.com

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Diamond zone doesn't have a diamond search option. I will have to call them.

Yuketiel at ID Jewlery doesn't have OECs at this time and referred me to Adam at old world.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results