shape
carat
color
clarity

Where do you suggest I shop for a nice Cabochon-- and what type should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't want any type of opal.

Persian Turqouise would be great, since mine was stolen. But it is fairly soft.

Something not too soft, for a ring, and blue, gray, red, or green in color. I already have a setting in mind and it's ITCHING for a center stone. I don't have a large budget as I have two projects ongoing currently, and I would like a fairly large stone... about 12mm.

If there are any that you think I should see, please feel free to post.

THANKS ALL and happy new year!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I happen to LOVE the color or prehnite or prasiolite. Also chalcedony.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been wanting one of the rubellite tourmaline cabochons at ajsgems, I think they''re worth checking out. Acstones has nice cabochons as well. Good luck in your search!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Milky aquamarine or one of the quartzes - rose quartz (I''ve seen them even with asterism and they''re really nice, but rare), strawberry quartz (a really nice shade of light red), rutilated quartz (either clear or smoky, if you like the colors), tiger''s eye can come in red (it''s called bull''s eye then), red jasper is a common cab ring stone, some agate might be nice, chrysoprase is undervalued in my opinion, sardonyx is banded red and white, carnelian is brownish orange, bloodstone has red spots on green background...and the best thing - all mentioned are quite affordable and not too hard to source.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

I went to gemselect and made a search with "cabochon", there are lots to choose from. I haven''t ordered anything from them, but I would take any of their star rose quartzes, which to my eye look pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results