shape
carat
color
clarity

Where do you sell your unwanted jewelry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I have some 18kt white gold and diamond jewelry, mainly rings and earrings that I no longer enjoy and I want to sell them. Other than ebay, where are the places that you go to to get rid of your jewelry?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I''ve sold a ton of my jewelry to Dover. You won''t get near what you paid for it, but it is an option.

Lori

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
pawn shops,jewelers that buy jewelry off the street,jewelers that consign jewelry,ebay,graigs list,private parties or friends,antique or collector shops,college boards or news papers,take an add out in local news paper.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Has anyone tried Signed Pieces or Peralman''s? I want to sell my ACA halo pendant and JA diamond bracelet and wondered who might be the best to use. Come to think of it--Pearlman''s is consignment and SP gives you the $ up front, correct?

P.S. Lori (Loriken)--is Dover a consignment arrangement?

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve used the Jewel Box in Dallas, TX. You can either consign your pieces, in which case you''ll get a litte more money provided the item sells, or you can sell it outright to the store owner and get a check or use it as credit in the store (very tempting!).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/24/2009 3:13:19 PM
Author:simplysplendid
I have some 18kt white gold and diamond jewelry, mainly rings and earrings that I no longer enjoy and I want to sell them. Other than ebay and DB, where are the places that you go to to get rid of your jewelry?
I've been facing this dilemma for a while now. I've had some items consigned on Pearlmans for several months now and nothing - not a single one of them - has sold!
7.gif
I've still got several other items that I no longer wear and have also contacted Signed Pieces and Dover and the former is not interested whereas the latter just ignored me! Ebay is a joke!! I've had jokers offering $50-100 dollars for pieces that I paid more than $10k for! I realise that there *are* serious buyers on eBay but you'd still end up with only a fraction of what you paid.

I've also resorted to giving some of the smaller pieces to my nieces and sisters. I think I should have done that with the pieces I sent to Pearlmans.

How about swapping some of our diamond pieces? Next time I'm in Singapore, he he...I'm serious!!
1.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2009 9:00:16 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Has anyone tried Signed Pieces or Peralman''s? I want to sell my ACA halo pendant and JA diamond bracelet and wondered who might be the best to use. Come to think of it--Pearlman''s is consignment and SP gives you the $ up front, correct?

P.S. Lori (Loriken)--is Dover a consignment arrangement?
I''ve done both with Dover. They''ve purchased some of my jewelry outright and sent a check right away and I''ve sold a very expensive ring on consignment.

Here again, you don''t get near what you paid for it, but that is how they make their money.

Ask for Hamid when dealing with Dover.

Lori

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I know it sounds weird, but ALL of my "unwanted" jewelry goes on EBay. Of dozens of transactions, I only had one that went bad (they claimed I mailed everything BUT the ring!?).

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 1:28:35 AM
Author: Phoenix

Date: 8/24/2009 3:13:19 PM
Author:simplysplendid
I have some 18kt white gold and diamond jewelry, mainly rings and earrings that I no longer enjoy and I want to sell them. Other than ebay and DB, where are the places that you go to to get rid of your jewelry?
I''ve been facing this dilemma for a while now. I''ve had some items consigned on Pearlmans for several months now and nothing - not a single one of them - has sold!
7.gif
I''ve still got several other items that I no longer wear and have also contacted Signed Pieces and Dover and the former is not interested whereas the latter just ignored me! Ebay is a joke!! I''ve had jokers offering $50-100 dollars for pieces that I paid more than $10k for! I realise that there *are* serious buyers on eBay but you''d still end up with only a fraction of what you paid.

I''ve also resorted to giving some of the smaller pieces to my nieces and sisters. I think I should have done that with the pieces I sent to Pearlmans.

How about swapping some of our diamond pieces? Next time I''m in Singapore, he he...I''m serious!!
1.gif
Hehe, I don''t think you''ll be interested in what I want to get rid of, because I am trying to get rid of the pieces that I purchased when I was younger, pieces that I have outgrown. I would be happy to swap them for any of your pieces though
9.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 10:09:24 AM
Author: UCLABelle
I know it sounds weird, but ALL of my ''unwanted'' jewelry goes on EBay. Of dozens of transactions, I only had one that went bad (they claimed I mailed everything BUT the ring!?).
You have been lucky then. I think partly your transactions were successful because you are in the US, are you not? I am located in Singapore and hardly get a break on ebay. I think a lot of people still think we are in some third world country synonymous with fraud or something
8.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 4:58:30 PM
Author: simplysplendid

Date: 8/25/2009 10:09:24 AM
Author: UCLABelle
I know it sounds weird, but ALL of my ''unwanted'' jewelry goes on EBay. Of dozens of transactions, I only had one that went bad (they claimed I mailed everything BUT the ring!?).
You have been lucky then. I think partly your transactions were successful because you are in the US, are you not? I am located in Singapore and hardly get a break on ebay. I think a lot of people still think we are in some third world country synonymous with fraud or something
8.gif
I forgot to ask, what are your tips on selling on ebay?

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry Ali. I hope it didn''t cause any trouble for other members, it''s not their fault really..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results