shape
carat
color
clarity

Where do you get your clasps?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those like like to DIY or customize things, any favorite places to get clasps?

Trying to find ways to distract myself while I wait for goodies in the mail.

I’ve tried classic pearl round safety clasps and more recently learned about push/orbit clasps and have some little “bean clasps” too but curious what other folk have favorited.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have another project on the go ?

Id love to see pictures of thesw clasps
The other day i dug out an old pendent on a leather cord and i had attached a magnetic catch on it.
Best thing ever !
Compair that to the lobster clasp or what ever its called on mum's pearls which is a pain in the rear

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this seller and their gemstone clasps. They have held up very nicely.

I have bought tons of clasps over the last year and a half. I LOVE Hobby Lobby's inexpensive sterling silver S hook clasps. They hold up, resist tarnish, are thicker than more expensive S clasps and allow you to easily add an extender or hook onto another strand.

For common 14k Gold Ball type clasps Wen on Etsy is a good source.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m currently looking for options for my ombré strand that’s still currently in japan but hopefully will be here soon.

The smallest akoya are 10mm. I’m trying to find something that might still look nice if I wanted to wear the necklace with the clasp and white akoya in the front...

I’m also considering a clasp that would let me attach a pendant or charm though I’m leaning against it right now since it’s a style statement/look already on its own.

Open to suggestions!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bella Findings based in LA has a good selection of pearl clasps:

14K Pearl Clasps at Bella Findings

PP put me in touch with KGH in Israel for a special project to have a pair of earring jackets made to match this clasp of theirs - the centre part was removed to allow a 8mm pearl or another stud to fit into the space, not sure if they would accept business from the general public though, their website: KGH Jewellery in Israel :

KGH_Flower_Clasp_2-row.JPG

DK :))

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I don't do stringing myself but I have lots of strands and pretty much find all of the clasps annoying lol (though it's not really a big deal). I either have to turn the necklace around on my neck and go find a mirror or, if it's a bracelet, ask my husband to do it. I thought the orbit clasp would be easier to work but, for me, it's not. So my favorites would be either an endless strand with no clasp or a magnetic clasp.

The Pearl Outlet seems to have a decent selection of clasps, reasonably priced, if that helps.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m currently looking for options for my ombré strand that’s still currently in japan but hopefully will be here soon.

The smallest akoya are 10mm. I’m trying to find something that might still look nice if I wanted to wear the necklace with the clasp and white akoya in the front...

I’m also considering a clasp that would let me attach a pendant or charm though I’m leaning against it right now since it’s a style statement/look already on its own.

Open to suggestions!

Wow !
What is their ETA ?
Why dont they make a clasp with mabe kinda like an earing ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

I have bought tons of clasps over the last year and a half. I LOVE Hobby Lobby's inexpensive sterling silver S hook clasps. They hold up, resist tarnish, are thicker than more expensive S clasps and allow you to easily add an extender or hook onto another strand.

They are awsome !
Ive added that site to my home screen for future reference
Im making bread and that has filled in the time while im waiting on the milk oat mix to call down so the yeast can go in

I love the gemstone clasps but they have some very nice tiger eye i like the look of

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

PP put me in touch with KGH in Israel for a special project to have a pair of earring jackets made to match this clasp of theirs - the centre part was removed to allow a 8mm pearl or another stud to fit into the space, not sure if they would accept business from the general public though, their website: KGH Jewellery in Israel :

I second Bella.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oooo this is stunning!!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

@MakingTheGrade Could your local jeweller make something along these lines in a lotus style like your grey MoP pendant? It would be stunning, very you and look amazing at the front (or side) when you want to wear the strand reversed. White, mid and grey MoP on different petals even, to echo the ombré effect? Sorry, I’m getting carried away with your cash here...

Last edited:

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
Hi, thank you for posting. I am wondering too where to buy supplies. Where did you buy the "bean" clasps from? And the stringing supplies. I was thinking of buying from Rio Grande or Fire Mountain. Any advice that you could give would be great.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I like buying silk thread from Patricia "Pattye" Saab

She also carries needles and gimp/french wire for beautiful finishes.

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock

Thank you!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I’ve also bought from her. Super sweet seller.

The bean clasps I’ve found on Etsy. I’ve also gotten my nicer gold filled items Rio.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pattye is wonderful. I am pretty sure she also strings and re-strings pearl necklaces and bracelets for customers.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

I tried to get these last week - the top ones
still waiting for a reply to my email regarding shipping :(2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results