shape
carat
color
clarity

Where do you buy your favorite inexpensive settings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I''m thinking these will be the next of my stones to be set. Not sure when or which will be set first. But these guys are on the wait list. The last two stones I had set were custom set. One I was super happy with. Anyway I''ve noticed a lot of people here are using stock settings and are very pleased with them. Which have been your favorites? I''d like to start looking around.

Here are my waiting stones. A red spinel from Sri Lanka. I didn''t love it t first because of the cut But after visiting lang Antiques yesterday I noticed it sort of resembles some of the antique rubies. Also slightly sleepy aqua cut by Dan, a very mandarin looking spess, and my new malaya.

gemsc480.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For generic settings, Stuller and Adwar are my backups. If I want something special, I usually print out a picture and my favourite jeweller can usually find something like that without the "name" pricetag. Sometimes, my jeweller carries really unique settings with their other inventory and is able to modify it to fit my gemstone. I also browse Pearlman's discount/clearance/used settings on a regular basis as he has some really pretty settings at a good price.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the idea Chrono :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well before LOGR raised the prices so much on everything, they were my favs, and some of their settings are still a good buy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results