shape
carat
color
clarity

Where do I buy earring drops/charms?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a pair of very sturdy but thin diamond huggies that I think would be perfect to hold drops. I would just slip them over..hopefully..I’ve seen photos on here before but can’t find them. I would want them to be gold..so not costume....but maybe I should try inexpensive ones first to see if they would work. I searched on Etsy but don’t know what they would be called..I came up empty. Thanks!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would just slip them over..hopefully..I’ve seen photos on here before but can’t find them.

Google, "detachable drop earrings". Are those what you're looking for?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Google, "detachable drop earrings". Are those what you're looking for?
Yes..Thanks I think I tried that too but will try again. I tried every combination I could think of..

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean, I am looking for the same thing! My problem is my hoops are very light, so the drops can't be heavy. I just ordered a pair of earrings with pearl drops and I'm hoping I can use them with my hoops. I haven't had any luck finding anything else...would really prefer genuine gemstones. If I find anything I'll let you know.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean, I am looking for the same thing! My problem is my hoops are very light, so the drops can't be heavy. I just ordered a pair of earrings with pearl drops and I'm hoping I can use them with my hoops. I haven't had any luck finding anything else...would really prefer genuine gemstones. If I find anything I'll let you know.
Thanks @junebug! I’m looking for exactly the same thing! My mom bought me little huggies. They’re very thin but have bitty diamonds on the front. I need something like a simple, lightweight gemstone dangle..that can fit over the connector where it latches. I’ve seen a few
pics in here somewhere. I’m hoping they will see this and let us know.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll keep looking for you @Mamabean, these were really common in the 90's so they are usually yellow but you never know what's out there until you look!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Hey Mamabean.

Most of those are easy peasey to make. I’m a long time beader, you could use sterling to go with the white gold. Semi precious stones, a few tools, some head pins and you’re good to go.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Mamabean.

Most of those are easy peasey to make. I’m a long time beader, you could use sterling to go with the white gold. Semi precious stones, a few tools, some head pins and you’re good to go.
I did think of going to Michaels to see what they had but it passed quickly! :lol:
@junebug17 Stylerocks.com has them but they are pretty pricey...

Last edited:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try Jude frances. I have a few of her charms and they are well made

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are nice...I don’t need the hoop...which didn’t seem sturdy but the beads are what I wanted...I wish they had blue...Did you get them @junebug17?

Agree, I don't need the hoops either... I ordered them, will post when they arrive!

Love the ones on Stylerocks but yes, expensive dang it!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Agree, I don't need the hoops either... I ordered them, will post when they arrive!

Love the ones on Stylerocks but yes, expensive dang it!
I found lots on Etsy. They call them earring jackets...I thought those were the ones with diamonds that go around studs...but if you search earring jackets..and earring enhancers too...lots come up...pretty funky looking ones..Earcuffs on Etsy has a bunch..I did love the ones on Stylerocks...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@junebug17 I finally found a bunch...On Etsy search interchangeable charms..There are quite a few pretty ones to try.
I just bought three from a vendor. I hope they work with the huggies. If not I’m not out too much..

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Mamabean, will check out Etsy...glad you found some you liked!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Most cities have bead shops with some semi precious stuff, or if you’re lucky, some high end stuff. Where I live has one with spinel, emerald, ruby, diamond beads - you name it. Some of them aren’t that much if they are small, or you catch a sale. I picked up some lovely blue spinel faceted rounds I hang off silver huggies . Lots of pearls too.

Michaels is good for some things. Just got some lovely matte cherry quartz rounds to make into a simple strand.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Most cities have bead shops with some semi precious stuff, or if you’re lucky, some high end stuff. Where I live has one with spinel, emerald, ruby, diamond beads - you name it. Some of them aren’t that much if they are small, or you catch a sale. I picked up some lovely blue spinel faceted rounds I hang off silver huggies . Lots of pearls too.

Michaels is good for some things. Just got some lovely matte cherry quartz rounds to make into a simple strand.
Thank you @Begonia...The blue spinels sounds so pretty..The next time you wear them..can you post a pic? I would love to see them.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I’m ashamed to say I don’t know how to post photos, but I’ll look it up and post ‘em :D

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m ashamed to say I don’t know how to post photos, but I’ll look it up and post ‘em :D
Hit post reply...Then upload a file...Then select the photo you want...Then hit done. It will put it in your reply. I can’t post links or videos but am trying to figure it out..:wall:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results