shape
carat
color
clarity

Where did you go on your honeymoon?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
Our honeymoon was three weeks in Southeast Asia, specifically Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and Singapore. We visited Ha Noi, Ha Long Bay and some other historic towns in Vietnam, took in the Angkor temples in Cambodia, went trekking/did homestays in rural villages in Laos and mainly just wandered around in Singapore. We had lots of amazing experiences, but we both agreed tht we packed way too many things into three weeks and we were exhausted by the end. We told ourselves that we''ll have to plan a second, more relaxing honeymoon to a beachy location one of these days!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
We just went on our honeymoon last May to Mid June.

We started in Paris, France then headed to Athens, Greece. Then off to Mykonos and Santorini, GR then back to Paris for a few days. We were gone a total of 3 weeks it was fantastic!

I''m a huge fan of Paris (been there a couple of times) but Greece is of course a paradise. Santorini in particular, we spent 6 days there, heaven!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2009 1:16:38 AM
Author: whitby_2773
well, my father paid for all my wedding, so we had all the trimmings for that....

but the honeymoon was up to us, and we were both full time students with a mean age of 22 and we''d just spent all our money on a new car so we could get to the honeymoon! consequently we just went up the coast to a house we rented on the water for a week. unfortunately, the owner failed to tell us they were doing outside renovations while we were there. i had a terrible case of the flu, and we had no money to spend anyway, so we came home after 4 days. didn''t matter tho - i was with my new husband, and boy was i happy!
Oh dear, whitby, the house on the coast sounds beautiful but having to deal with the noise of house renovations while suffering through the flu?! That doesn''t sound like fun! Glad you enjoyed it anyway since you were with your new hubs, though, even if it was cut short.
2.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
We went to Nevis, and stayed at the Four Seasons. It was my husband''s company incentive trip, but we didn''t care. We had a blast, and his whole company (who we''ve known for about a decade now) called us "The Newlyweds" all week.
9.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/28/2009 6:30:59 PM
Author: sap483
We spent three weeks in Tahiti, Moorea, and Bora Bora. We got married last year, but didn''t have the vacation time, so we went this year over our first anniversary. It was truly amazing!

ETA: I actually met a fellow PS''er (Kama_S) at a restaurant in Bora Bora.
It was awesome meeting you! I tried FB-ing you when I got back, but I must''ve got your last name wrong? I hope you had a fantastic time! How''d you like your dinner at Fare Manuia? Where else did you guys eat?

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
We went to Bali and Hong Kong - it was insanely amazing. I still think about it all the time and so does DH.

Sigh.

Wish I was back there right now. It even smelled better than most places. A mix of frangipani and lemongrass. Mmm...

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
We went to Maui and stayed 10 days at the Four Seasons - can we say HEAVEN!!!???
9.gif
We''ll be married 2 years in August and still talk about that trip at least once a week! My friend is planning to get married there in a year or two, so we can''t wait to go back. Our plan is to try and go back for our 10 year anniversary just the two of us.
5.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
We went for a week to Nantucket for week, we had a really good time. Nantucket is a very romantic place
30.gif
30.gif

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 2:42:14 AM
Author: kama_s

We spent three weeks in Tahiti, Moorea, and Bora Bora. We got married last year, but didn''t have the vacation time, so we went this year over our first anniversary. It was truly amazing!

It was awesome meeting you! I tried FB-ing you when I got back, but I must''ve got your last name wrong? I hope you had a fantastic time! How''d you like your dinner at Fare Manuia? Where else did you guys eat?
Hey there! You''re back! It was really nice meeting you too :) We did have an amazing time, it''s been hard adjusting back to reality. I hope you and your new DH had a wonderful time too. I''m not sure how to give you my name again without posting it on here. Do you think I could ask the admins to give it to you? I''m off to BWW to see if you''ve posted wedding pics!

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
We went to Hawaii too! Maui and the Big Island for a week, and it was great! Originally, we planned to do a 10-day Mediterranean cruise around the Greek islands, but that didn''t work out, oh well, there''s always a next time!
31.gif

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
We went to Orcas Island, WA and spent a couple of days in Seattle. I LOVED it! I wish I could go back right now!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/30/2009 2:23:44 PM

Hey there! You''re back! It was really nice meeting you too :) We did have an amazing time, it''s been hard adjusting back to reality. I hope you and your new DH had a wonderful time too. I''m not sure how to give you my name again without posting it on here. Do you think I could ask the admins to give it to you? I''m off to BWW to see if you''ve posted wedding pics!
Ahhhhh...I give up! I know you''re in RI, so I searched for your first name and narrowed it down to the area, but no luck. Grrrrrrr...

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 10:14:10 PM

Date: 7/30/2009 2:23:44 PM

Ahhhhh...I give up! I know you''re in RI, so I searched for your first name and narrowed it down to the area, but no luck. Grrrrrrr...
Actually, I''m in Boston. And my first name isn''t spelled the common way, it''s spelled with an a between the p and the n. Hope that helps.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found you! I didn''t even need to put in your area, I just had your first name spelt wrong! I wonder why I thought you were from RI
33.gif
. Eh.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Sap and Kama, did you guys just recognize each other from PS photos? That''s so amazing that you ran into each other on the other side of the world!

We stayed domestic, went up to Maine for a week and went sailing on a 65'' schooner out of Camden, ME. We anchored in little coves every night, had a lobster bake on a deserted beach, went to a folk music festival, and visited the Wooden Boat magazine campus in Brooklin. Even went swimming in the COOOOOLD Maine ocean a few times. Then we stayed at a B&B in Searsport for the weekend and got pampered. It was perfection, and we hope to do it again soon.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 9:53:15 AM
Author: blushingbride
We went to Maui and stayed 10 days at the Four Seasons - can we say HEAVEN!!!???
9.gif
We''ll be married 2 years in August and still talk about that trip at least once a week! My friend is planning to get married there in a year or two, so we can''t wait to go back. Our plan is to try and go back for our 10 year anniversary just the two of us.
5.gif

We went to Hawaii as well - Oahu & Maui. I wish I was there at least 3 times a day! We only spent 2 days on Oahu b/c we only wanted to see the USS Arizona and spet 5 days in Kaannapali at the Westin and 5 days in Wailea at the Four Seasons. Loved every minute of the trip and I definitely want to visit Hawaii again.

Blushing - the Four Seasons is amazing isn''t it? The other day I was looking at this pile of clothes in my room and I had a flash back to the Four Seasons and how every day they would fold up any clothes strewn around the room and place them neatly on top of our suitcase. I need that kind of service at home! hahahaha. And I''d really like coffee service and my choice of a different newspaper as well! The amenities and level of service at this hotel are almost unbelieveable. 10 years is a long time to wait - I''m targeting our 5 year anni!!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 1:30:21 PM
Author: *~*Danielle*~*

Date: 7/30/2009 9:53:15 AM
Author: blushingbride
9.gif
5.gif

We went to Hawaii as well - Oahu & Maui. I wish I was there at least 3 times a day! We only spent 2 days on Oahu b/c we only wanted to see the USS Arizona and spet 5 days in Kaannapali at the Westin and 5 days in Wailea at the Four Seasons. Loved every minute of the trip and I definitely want to visit Hawaii again.

Blushing - the Four Seasons is amazing isn''t it? The other day I was looking at this pile of clothes in my room and I had a flash back to the Four Seasons and how every day they would fold up any clothes strewn around the room and place them neatly on top of our suitcase. I need that kind of service at home! hahahaha. And I''d really like coffee service and my choice of a different newspaper as well! The amenities and level of service at this hotel are almost unbelieveable. 10 years is a long time to wait - I''m targeting our 5 year anni!!
Ditto!!! Yes the Four Season was FABULOUS!!! One of my best friends had gone there for her honeymoon prior to us going and absolutely raved about it. So, we decided to go there too and boy, were we happy we did!

I loved how we always had voice messages from the conceirge waiting for us regarding our plans for the next day. They were nice reminders. They even called to let us know there was going to be fireworks down the beach! The services was impeccable to say the least!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We spent 2 weeks heading around the south island of New Zealand. What a breathtaking part of the world!!
30.gif
30.gif

Hiking the Fox Glacier, and the helicopter ride up there and back were the highlights for me. Just amazing.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
We went to Egypt for a week. It was absolutely amazing and it was a dream come true for me. We got to see the Valley of the Kings too! We''re planning to go back there next year for our 4 wedding anniversary.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 11:00:37 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier
We went to Nevis, and stayed at the Four Seasons. It was my husband''s company incentive trip, but we didn''t care. We had a blast, and his whole company (who we''ve known for about a decade now) called us ''The Newlyweds'' all week.
9.gif
I love Nevis!!! My dad bought an investment property there 20 years ago, so we always try to get down there every couple of years. The Four Seasons is gorgeous!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
We had our wedding on Bermuda and then honeymooned there for 5 days (we basically eloped). We would have stayed longer, but we had just gotten back from a two week trip to Europe when I found out I was pregnant. So, the next day my husband proposed, and then we eloped to Bermuda 7 weeks later (I wanted to get married before I started to show so I would look good in my dress ;-) Since we had just taken 2 weeks vacation for our Europe trip, we couldn''t take any more time for our wedding & honeymoon. Bermuda was beautiful, though, we love it there.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went on a 10 day luxury honeymoon in Iceland, had a GREAT time, and it was really romantic to be surrounded bu such gorgeous landscapes and almost no other people :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results