shape
carat
color
clarity

Where did you go on your honeymoon?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I are planning our honeymoon to Hawaii and trying to figure out things to do there (we couldn''t go right after our wedding, so we''re going in 3 weeks!!) and it had me wondering where everyone went on their honeymoon.

So... Where did you go? How long were you there for? Did you have fun?
10.gif

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
We went to Kauai for a week! And oh how desperately I want to go back there!!!
8.gif
39.gif
15.gif

We figured it was the best option for us because it was affordable, and still in the country (I don''t have a passport) and so we wouldn''t have to worry about currency issues or language barriers, but it still feels like you''re in a whole other world!

We would''ve loved to go to Europe, and in fact when we first got engaged that''s where his whole family was telling us to go, but we figured for our Honeymoon we wanted to go somewhere where we could relax on the beach. We both know that when we go to Europe, we''re going to want to cram every day full of sight-seeing and activities to get the most out of our trip, and after all the wedding planning crazies, it was so nice to go someplace and just relax!

Lilac, do you know which island you''re going to yet? I''m a little biased, but I would strongly suggest Kauai! I''ve been to Maui and Oahu as well and Kauai is by far the most romantic, IMO.
3.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fiji and New Zealand (both islands). It was a blast.

Which island(s) are you going to, Lilac? We''re in the midst of planning our holiday visit (hubby has family on Oahu and the Big Island) and it''s been a big headache lately
3.gif
I can''t wait to just be there and stop the PLANNING already!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
We spent a week in Belize-3.5 days at a resort in the rainforest and 3.5 days at a resort on Ambergris Caye

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
We went to the British Virgin Islands-it was awesome. We stayed on Tortola and also visited Virgin Gorda while we were there. We just hung out on the beach, read, snorkeled and ate the whole time. It was very relaxing after all the wedding-related planning and events, and I don''t think we could have picked a more beautiful place to go.

We went for a week because I just started a new job about three months ago so I don''t have tons of time off yet, and I didn''t want to use up every single day I do have. I usually like to go on vacations that are at least 14 days, if not longer, but I was ready to come home by the end of it so I think the week was a perfect amount of time.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
We''re going to Oahu for 5 days and Maui for 5 days. I WISH we had time for Kauai (everyone says it''s amazing) but to go to 3 islands is too much for only 10 days and people have told us if it''s our first time going we should go to Oahu and Maui. We also love doing things and fun activities and Kauai seems more like a "just relax on a beach" place while Oahu and Maui have more options too. I would absolutely LOVE to go back to see Kauai one day though - it makes me a little sad that we won''t have time to go this time when everyone says how beautiful it is
40.gif
But I''m really excited for Oahu and Maui!
10.gif

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Playa del Carmen Mexico-stayed at the Royal for 10 days-it was so relaxing, I would love to go again!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2009 10:50:30 AM
Author: Blair138
Playa del Carmen Mexico-stayed at the Royal for 10 days-it was so relaxing, I would love to go again!

Blair, we got married at the Royal in Playa del Carmen in May. It was a perfect location!

We're in the midst of planning our delayed honeymoon. So far, the plan is 1 week in California's wine region, then another week in Hawaii. Can't wait!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
We went to London, Singapore and Australia. We had one day in London, four days in Singapore (2 on the way and two on the way back) and then we had 17 days in Australia (Sydney, Port Macquarie, Coffs Harbour, Byron Bay and Brisbane). We had an absolutely amazing time. Would love to go back a few weeks so we''re still there.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
We spent two weeks in Italy--Rome, Venice, Milan, and Lake Como. It was fantastic! We especially loved Lake Como (I don''t think there''s a place on earth that''s more beautiful) and can''t wait to go back. We had such an amazing time together!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
We went to Sri Lanka for 15 days. I have a good friend from there who helped me put an itinerary together and then we put it out to tender with a load of travel-agents and got a fantastic deal on it.

We had hired a car and private driver as part of the deal and he acted as driver/guide/translator/bodyguard etc for the whole trip. We also booked some fantastic hotels along the way.

I really enjoyed just driving from a to b and seeing the scenery. We spent a day doing a safari in one of the National Parks with a tracker which was amazing - we saw so many wild elephants, peacocks, monitors, monkeys and lots of other animals and birds. Also spent some time on a tea plantation, on the beach and lots of cultural sights. Most importantly
3.gif
we spent a few days in Ratnapura (City of Gems) where I did some serious buying from some of the mine-owners
31.gif

Really recommend it if you want something a bit different... and like rice & curry!

Date: 7/26/2009 2:44:05 PM
Author: kittybean
We spent two weeks in Italy--Rome, Venice, Milan, and Lake Como. It was fantastic! We especially loved Lake Como (I don''t think there''s a place on earth that''s more beautiful) and can''t wait to go back. We had such an amazing time together!
Lake Como is amazing - I was lucky enough to live and work in Como for 2 years. I took DH there for a holiday and it was his favourite place in Italy - if we ever buy a retirement cottage that is where it will be!

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
It sounds like everyone went on some amazing, memorable trips.

I really wanted to go on a cruise through the Greek Islands, but we just couldn''t afford it. So we went to Aruba instead and had a fabulous time!
9.gif
We even bought a timeshare that will allow us to go anywhere in the world, including a trade-in for that Greek Cruise!
27.gif
31.gif

This Sept. we''re going on sort of a "second honeymoon" for our 1st anniversary to Cabo San Lucas. I can''t wait.

Congrats and good luck on your honeymoon!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Barbados - we wanted a tropical location with a distinct culture and somewhere neither of us had been. It was really fun! Though if I had to do it over again, I might have done a colder location since it was pretty tropical right in our own backyard at the time of the wedding.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We spent ten glorious nights on St. John in the USVI.

It was amazing, we can''t wait to go back.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
We went to the Florida Keys, specifically concentrating on Key West! We loved it and had a blast skydiving (Skydive Key West), snuba-ing (Snuba of Key West), and swimming with dolphins (Dolphins Plus in Key Largo).

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
We went to Disney for 4 days and then The Royal in Cancun for 7 days.
It was awesome, disney was fun and im glad we did it. We started out early each morning and finished all the rides we wanted to do at the park of the day by 1pm, We hit - epcot, magic kingdom, animal kingdom and hollywood studios.

The Royal in Cancun was AMAZING - i would highly recommend it as the best all inclusive out there.
food: amazing, Drinks: amazing, beach: stunning, Pool: huge and so nice, service: over the top,
ughhhhhh i can''t say enough good things about the place. we didn''t leave once.

julabean

Shiny_Rock
We went to Costa Rica for 10 days. We stayed on the Pacific side at the Marriott resort there and it was fabulous. We swam every day, ate great food, watched these awesome storms roll in over the hotel every night, did some exploring but nothing too tiring, got massages, and basically relaxed all day each and every day. It was fantastic.

We''re going to Hawaii this Christmas with some family - a week on Kauai! We''ve both been to Hawaii before, but never to Kauai so we''re really looking forward to it.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
well, my father paid for all my wedding, so we had all the trimmings for that....

but the honeymoon was up to us, and we were both full time students with a mean age of 22 and we''d just spent all our money on a new car so we could get to the honeymoon! consequently we just went up the coast to a house we rented on the water for a week. unfortunately, the owner failed to tell us they were doing outside renovations while we were there. i had a terrible case of the flu, and we had no money to spend anyway, so we came home after 4 days. didn''t matter tho - i was with my new husband, and boy was i happy!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went to Jamaica for a week--we stayed at an all-inclusive resort (Sandals Whitehouse). It was SO much fun!!! We loved lying on the beach all day and trying all the different restaurants at night.

angielea

Shiny_Rock
We went on a road trip down route 66 to california (starting in St. Louis) then back up through the rockies.

We had a few detours on the way, including Sedona, Las Vegas, and Estes Park, CO.

It took us about 2 1/2 weeks, and was an amazing road trip.

Patchee

Shiny_Rock
Hey HAVEN
35.gif
You went to St. John? Where did you stay? At one of the beautiful villa? Was there alot to do outside of the place you were staying? DH and I are now deciding where we want to go.. St. John''s is at the top of the list thus far.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
we went to cabo san lucas for a week and loved it

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
We went to Greece and Turkey for three weeks.

We went to Istanbul first, then flew to Bodrum. Then we drove to the coast for a night to catch a ferry to Rhodes (the town was ridiculous. ALL British high school/college kids and the largest Bar Row I''ve ever seen!). From Rhodes we ferried to Crete (both Chania and Heraklion), then Santorini, then Naxos, and finally we flew to Athens.

If anyone wants help with a Greece/Turkey trip, please let me know!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We were supposed to go to Portugal (the island of Sao Miguel) but we decided to save money and go to Quebec City instead. I''m really glad we were more budget-conscious because 4 months later, my husband lost his job. We''ll get to Portugal someday hopefully.

We chose QC because we had gone there as our first mini-vacation a few months after we began dating (we went for a couple days around New Year''s Eve). It was a place that had meant something to us and we had been planning on going back at some point.

We were away for our honeymoon for 6 days. It was supposed to be 7 but we decided to stay an extra day hanging out with friends and family the day after our wedding. We''re so glad we did that. Yes, it cut our honeymoon short by a day but it was okay.

Did we have fun? Yes, but I''m not sure that it was the best place to go for our honeymoon. I had been thinking that we''d be hanging out on a beach in Portgual, so it was hard to switch gears and get used to the fact that we''d be in a city instead. It''s definitely a different vibe. If I had to do it again, I''d have gone to some place more relaxing.

livinginsg

Shiny_Rock
We spent 5 days in Koh Samui, Thailand and 2 days in Bangkok. Koh Samui was amazing, totally relaxing with some fabulous restaurants to check out every evening. After all the chilling out, Bangkok was a welcome change of pace. Great shopping, as always!
21.gif

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
We spent three weeks in Tahiti, Moorea, and Bora Bora. We got married last year, but didn't have the vacation time, so we went this year over our first anniversary. It was truly amazing!

ETA: I actually met a fellow PS'er (Kama_S) at a restaurant in Bora Bora.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2009 12:42:48 PM
Author: Patchee
Hey HAVEN
35.gif
You went to St. John? Where did you stay? At one of the beautiful villa? Was there alot to do outside of the place you were staying? DH and I are now deciding where we want to go.. St. John''s is at the top of the list thus far.

Patchee--St. John was AMAZING! I cannot recommend it highly enough.
We stayed at the Westin resort, and it was so beautiful. We didn''t stay on the resort much during the day, there is so much to do on St. John, and it''s so easy to visit some really cool British Virgin Islands, that we spent a lot of time exploring.

St. John itself is gorgeous. There are so many great beaches and restaurants. We rented a JEEP for a few days and drove all over the island. The majority of St. John is a national park, so there''s great hiking, as well.
We visited St. Thomas (meh, wouldn''t go back at all) and then two BVIs via ferries: Jost Van Dyke and Virgin Gorda. Those two trips were excellent.

If you know *anyone* who works for any Starwood hotel, contact them. My best friend works for the Westin here in Chicago and employees now have unlimited friends and family nights to give away. It''s well worth networking a bit to see if you can get some serious deals on your room.

Start a new thread if you want some more info! There are some other fans of St. John on these boards, too.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/26/2009 11:48:48 PM
Author: iloveprincesscuts
We went to Disney for 4 days and then The Royal in Cancun for 7 days.

It was awesome, disney was fun and im glad we did it. We started out early each morning and finished all the rides we wanted to do at the park of the day by 1pm, We hit - epcot, magic kingdom, animal kingdom and hollywood studios.

The Royal in Cancun was AMAZING - i would highly recommend it as the best all inclusive out there.

food: amazing, Drinks: amazing, beach: stunning, Pool: huge and so nice, service: over the top,

ughhhhhh i can''t say enough good things about the place. we didn''t leave once.

UM ILPC I either forgot you went to the ROYAL in Cancun or I didn''t know! I loved the one in Playa where we stayed
9.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Lots of beautiful locations! We took our post-wedding mini-moon to Clearwater, FL and we actually got to go to Dr. Beach''s "#1 beach in America" for 2008. Caladesi Island is amazing because it''s a state park so it''s super clean and preserved. There''s a lot wildlife, too, which is neat. I had never seen the gulf before so it was special for me...that combined with seeing/feeling the white sand beaches. I would definitely recommend the area and our hotel. We''re planning a larger honeymoon in Hawaii after I graduate from law school, but in the meantime it was the perfect getaway for us.
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results