shape
carat
color
clarity

Where can we get best diamond deal in Singapore?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond_king

Rough_Rock
Can anyone advise about POH HENG and TIN SING diamonds? I am new to Diamonds in Singapore.

Read a bit from this site, but still not sure , for a new beginner in appreciating diamonds. I have a budget of up to USD 5000.00 for a men's ring or a unique design for my left hand.

Hope someone out there in Singapore can help , as i saw the last posting in Singapore is in 2008

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome!

stone-cold11 is from Singapore, he might have some ideas for you, he will probably see this presently.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry, can''t help as I am based in the US now and never shop in Singapore for jewelry before. Think there are others from Singapore. Quite a few requested help this year.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/10/2009 11:11:37 AM
Author: Stone-cold11
Sorry, can''t help as I am based in the US now and never shop in Singapore for jewelry before. Think there are others from Singapore. Quite a few requested help this year.
You moved to the States SC? How do you like it?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Moved here for study and work, almost 9 years now. SO far so good.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/10/2009 11:44:34 AM
I thought you were in the UK, I must have got that wrong!!!
emembarrassed.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/10/2009 10:23:37 AM
Author:diamond_king
Can anyone advise about POH HENG and TIN SING diamonds? I am new to Diamonds in Singapore.

Read a bit from this site, but still not sure , for a new beginner in appreciating diamonds. I have a budget of up to USD 5000.00 for a men's ring or a unique design for my left hand.

Hope someone out there in Singapore can help , as i saw the last posting in Singapore is in 2008
Both places have HORRIBLE prices and there's no upgrade policy either! Sorry.

I've bought from PS vendors, Brian Gavin Diamonds and James Allen and have been very happy with both the diamonds and customer service (if you go with JA, ask for Jim Schultz and tell him Phoenix recommended them to you). There are other PS vendors too with stellar reputation, including Whiteflash, Wink/ High Performance Diamonds etc.

If you really must buy from a B&M, I think SimplySplendid (I hope you don't mind my mentioning your name or theirs, SS) has been very happy with Canary Diamond in Delphi (sp?) Orchard (next to Franck Muller) on the ground floor. I'm considering having them set a FY diamond and a couple of gemstones. If you can wait 'til Oct, I can let you know how it went with me. But again, SS has been very happy with them, I believe.

tomyamgoong

Rough_Rock
Hi diamond king

i am from singapore.... frankly i am searching for a stone myself for more than 1 month .. first from singapore retailers (main ones like tian po, lee hwa, sk, soo kee, poh heng, citigems, aspial, taka, meyson, love & co ..etc) and personal jewellers like vivo, diamonds for you..etc.. and i must say that most of them (the sales counter assistants are rather ignorant about stones... unlike people you read from this pricescope... I had to tell several of them to learn more about diamonds in order to sell and convince customers better, especially those customers who know a bit about diamond.. like myself.. I am a newby and inexperienced buyer and has limited knowledge in diamonds , yet they have even more limited knowledge than I..

Sad to say that singapore standard has far to go... i think you will do better if you work with people like Goodoldgold (Jon) and Whiteflash (Juliana or Tracy) to get your ideal stone.,.

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock

hi stone cold!
me too!

tulips

Shiny_Rock
tom yam koong is right...
in asia, the sales persons of the diamond retailers know far less than many people here in PS!!!
8.gif

Sometimes, talking to them can die...
41.gif

Once a sales person insists that his diamond is excellent because GIA graded them excellent. The cert is the only thing they base their argument on!
When i do the HCA is score 3.9 or something like this.. and scintillation is poor and fire is fair (if i remember correctly)..

but when I told him about HCA score, he stare blankly at me and said the cert said it is excellent!!!
25.gif
goodness! I have to tell him to read more so that he can sell better
31.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2009 11:53:42 PM
Author: haagen_dazs

hi stone cold!

me too!

Gathered as much. :)

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 5:27:05 AM
Date: 9/17/2009 11:53:42 PM

Author: haagen_dazs

hi stone cold!

me too!

Gathered as much. :)
hmmm
how did you know ?
where are you now?
want to keep in touch?
folks i know either have left after their bonds/ scholarships.
non bonded left after a 1-2 years of working stint
the other sporeans are mostly here for a long time (>15-20yrs)

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
North Carolina, too far away from you.

Well, you post a thread on where to get custome make jewelry in Singapore. :p

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
nice to know of a fellow sporean around here.
labour is cheaper back home and i am thinking of possibly buying a stone and bring it back for setting.
i am not completely set on that yet. i have to still figure out liabilities of setting it in the local shops

gt

Rough_Rock
Well, you can try the stall that sells the gabi diamond at Suntec city I think the boss there would be quite well versed in diamond knowledge if you need someone who can actually tell you the details.

I am sure Whye Hoe from Yuen Tung will be willing to answer your diamond questions if you pop by his place.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
SC, me too but I''m not from Singapore. We are neighbour actually as I am from Indonesia.

I remember a guy from Singapore was buying an Infinity cut diamond from Wink in 2008. I forgot his screen name. He was buying a diamond for an engagement ring. He bought the diamond from Wink and set it in Singapore.

Hope this info helps our OP.

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
I could not tell you where is the best deal, but I can tell you to avoid some bad B&M shop.
Heard of e-clarity? Many in local forum like HWZ, SGBrides reccomend it.
However, I am one of those kukus that got my ring set there and frankly, freaking disappointed.
The ring was ok but the service sucks.

Imagine you made an appointment with them and reach there on time yet need to wait for the sales lady aka the boss for 20-30min before she comes to you?

And my fiancee's ring has other problems like ring size too big (that is due to her judgement to insist half size larger than what my fiancee told her) and we ends up returning to change to smaller ring size. - Waste our time and trip fare, petrol there.
What we received was her more and more nonchalent attitude.

But each time we go, she just go less and less service oriented towards us and focus on those who are in to make sales.
1st time went in to discuss setting and made deposit to custom made: Service okok
2nd time went in to change ring size due to her bad judgement: Service starting to change
3rd time went in to change ring size again as it is really too large: She said might need to pay as it is the second change but the first change wasn't even our fault to begin with hence don't have to pay at the end of the day
4th time went in to discuss change of setting: Quote us sky price and that price is enough for me to buy a 2ct that kind. I won't be that stupid to pay for a setting when I can use that amount to get a 2ct.

Each time we went except the 1st one, her service was bad to worst and my fiancee just started to get fed up and I was annoyed by the way she treated us too. And of cos, maybe we have waited 30min for her Majesty's arrival to serve us for that 1 min ba? She may have forgotton that we, her customers, her boss in a way or another, our time are also very precious especially in Busy Singapore. And mine you, you maybe waiting for her sitting in one corner, when it is finally your turn, it was not her to come to where you are seated, you are summon to where she is seated..

Gosh... Please avoid eclarity at all cost.
39.gif

The last time my fiancee & I went in was going to be the last we went in.
Unless they've some free cleaning or polishing service. I don't think we will ever step foot in again.

So just some advice on our very bad experience with eclarity. So one to check off from your check list.

diamond_king

Rough_Rock
Hi

did u get your diamonds ?

leitmotiv

Rough_Rock
I''m from Singapore. I''ve been reading the forum for almost a year, but only just signed up to answer this post. I''ve not heard of Tin Sing, and am not too sure about Poh Heng. I didn''t shop for a diamond at Poh Heng because I associate them more with Gold and gemstones than diamonds. I do want to let you know about my own diamond shopping experience, hope that it will be helpful to you.

My fiancé and I were shopping for our engagement diamond early this year. We weren''t happy with the prices and quality of the diamonds here, especially since we have been reading up on diamonds before we started shopping. The sales staff lack knowledge and are really not able to help much with the selection of a good diamond. All they can say is that their branded cuts are good. We turned to online vendors, but were initially not comfortable with purchasing online.

Some time early this year, my fiancé (now my husband) and I had the opportunity to visit NYC. We shortlisted some loose diamonds we were interested in from a few vendors we found online, and visited them to view the actual diamonds. One of the places we visited was Good Old Gold, and it was such a different experience from the jewellery shops in Singapore! We visited twice, first time we were shown the diamonds by Charlie. On our second visit, we have already decided to purchase 1 of the loose diamonds, but Jonathan still went through the comparison with poorer cut diamonds and taught us a lot about how to select and view the diamonds. We could really tell he is very passionate about his diamonds.

Now after my diamond shopping experience, I am sure that I will be buying my next diamond from GOG or any of the other Pricescope vendors. I do recommend you buy your diamond online as well, because I have not seen a diamond in a local shop that looks as nice as mine at the price I paid for it. In fact, when held side by side against a friend''s Tiffany, which costs almost 3 times, with almost the same colour, clarity and carat, the only way we can differentiate it is by looking at the band (mine is not knife-edged).

I set my loose diamond at Yuen Tung, they did it within 2 hours. I didn''t know about Yuen Tung until I was researching settings. When I was doing my setting there, I saw some people walking in to look at engagement diamonds and they have quite a few GIA diamonds as well. Maybe you can educate yourself more and visit Yuen Tung to take a look.

Good luck in your diamond search!

diamond_king

Rough_Rock
Hi

Where is Yuen Tung ? I m in Singapore . GOG is not is Singapore right?

what do u think of this site i just found

http://www.freddydiamonds.com/blog/

which are the good shops/ diamond traders to get in Singapore ?

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Do shops in singapore offer services such as
"30 day returns on loose stones no questions asked"
"life time warranty" on settings (including lifetime white gold replating) ?

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/14/2009 9:25:28 AM
Author: diamond_king
what do u think of this site i just found
http://www.freddydiamonds.com/blog/

To: JVCLegal.org

Hi JoAnne,

It’s been awhile since we’ve spoken, but I ran across this web site on a public diamond forum this morning and thought you might find the statements made on their web site interesting: http://www.freddydiamonds.com/ specifically the part about being wholesale to the public at the bottom of the main page:

Cheap Engagement rings from Freddy Diamonds. We carry affordable engagement rings that are all at inexpensive, wholesale prices to the public. Our wholesale jewelry provides the lowest priced discount diamond engagement rings available. Our every day pricing is lower than any competitors diamond ring pricing Guaranteed. As diamond importers specializing in affordable diamond jewelry, we supply Jewelers who buy and supply you right over the phone too! Give us a call now in the NYC Diamond District 212-265-1915

From this page: http://www.freddydiamonds.com/learn.html

Real 100% Diamonds
Real Diamonds, Hand Cut and enhanced. Real Diamonds From Planet Earth that have simply been cleaned up with a laser or pressurized with 4000 lbs of pressure per Square Inch to inject optical properties into the diamond to minimize any natural occuring imperfections. Lasers are used on human eye surgery, dermotology procedures and now real diamonds. This is our secret to our providing you real diamonds at an affordable price.

All diamonds guaranteed and include an independant gia appraisal (replacement value two - four times cost).

1. When did the GIA start issuing lab reports on diamonds which have been enhanced?
2. When did the GIA begin to issue "appraisals" ?!?!
3. I do not believe that the statement pertaining to “enhanced” diamonds provides proper disclosure of laser drilled / fracture filled / clarity enhanced to the public in accordance with FTC Guidelines.
4. Please investigate.

 Todd Gray, President
 Nice Ice, Inc.

diamond_king

Rough_Rock
I don''t think so any shops offer that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results