shape
carat
color
clarity

Where can I get a setting like this one?

MrsJolie

Rough_Rock
I finally found the diamond, now I'm looking for the perfect setting for it!

I attached a picture of a setting that I really like and am wondering if anyone has ideas on where I could find a similar one at a reasonable price? It's a pretty simple setting with a little diamond wrap underneath. I'd prefer this in platinum but am okay with white gold if the platinum is too much.

Thanks!

_32416.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is considered 'reasonable' ?

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/4-02-d-vs2-oval-enchanted-diamonds-brilliantly-engaged.211603/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/4-02-d-vs2-oval-enchanted-diamonds-brilliantly-engaged.211603/[/URL]
Not sure how much it would cost for custom, but this is similar, you'd just ask for it w/o the extra pave on the band.

eta - nevermind, I should have taken a second before posting :lol: the original setting is pretty simple, shouldnt be TOO hard to find something more similar.

MrsJolie

Rough_Rock
telephone89|1436994372|3903243 said:

I'm not sure, lol. I guess I also should ask for input on how much a setting like this should cost?

I received a quote from the designer of the ring I posted a picture of in platinum and it was $3100. I was hoping to do better than that. The ctw for the setting pictured is 0.50cts.

Any thoughts on what a setting like that should cost? Is $3100 a fair price? Am I paying for the designer brand? Does any one know of a vendor who could make it at a better price? I'm not hung up on designer names, I just want good quality.

emmebee

Shiny_Rock
I feel like BE/ERD could do a great job with this. It is definitely well within their style, with the nice claw prongs and swoopy metal. You should get a quote from them!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsJolie|1436998123|3903274 said:
telephone89|1436994372|3903243 said:

I'm not sure, lol. I guess I also should ask for input on how much a setting like this should cost?

I received a quote from the designer of the ring I posted a picture of in platinum and it was $3100. I was hoping to do better than that. The ctw for the setting pictured is 0.50cts.

Any thoughts on what a setting like that should cost? Is $3100 a fair price? Am I paying for the designer brand? Does any one know of a vendor who could make it at a better price? I'm not hung up on designer names, I just want good quality.
Thats not terrible. You could contact BE (they did the ring in the link I posted earlier) or David Klass and see what theirs would be.

You could also contact WF and ask about having one of these customized with the extra pave:
http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/diamond-settings/legato-micro-pave-diamond-engagement-ring-1011.htm
http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/diamond-settings/charis-pave-diamond-engagement-ring-by-vatche-1657.htm
http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/diamond-settings/harmony-diamond-engagement-ring-878.htm

These are 1600-2000 in plat, so could come in under budget with some customization.

MrsJolie

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions!!

I emailed both BE and David Klass asking for quotes!

MrsJolie

Rough_Rock
Mayk- I'm a huge fan of victor canera settings! I got a quote from him on the lovely Alaria with some modifications and it was a good bit more than I want to spend. Maybe one day! :pray: :pray: :pray:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsJolie|1437052115|3903521 said:
Mayk- I'm a huge fan of victor canera settings! I got a quote from him on the lovely Alaria with some modifications and it was a good bit more than I want to spend. Maybe one day! :pray: :pray: :pray:

I can relate.. I saved and saved.. :naughty:

I also contacted Maytal Hannah when I was doing my research. Her settings are lovely and she was very nice. I would check with her too.

Wmiod

Rough_Rock
I was quoted 1900 for literally the exact same ring in 18k rose gold.

check Lauren B

MrsJolie

Rough_Rock
Wmiod|1437060164|3903572 said:
I was quoted 1900 for literally the exact same ring in 18k rose gold.

check Lauren B

I got the $3100 quote from Lauren B. I wanted to see if I could do better than this. Also, I love their rings but am unsure of the quality of craftsmanship. I haven't been able to find anyone that has had a Lauren B ring for more than a few years to see how it has held up.

I didn't ask for a quote in 18kt white gold but that might be the way to go to keep the cost down.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Brilliantly Engaged can do this for around $3K in platinum too.

MrsJolie

Rough_Rock
$3000 is just out of my reach :(

I'm usually really bad about sticking with budgets and I get away with it but the old "what's an extra $500 gonna hurt?" line isn't going to fly with DH at the moment, ha! :lol:

I found this ring, which is basically exactly what I want without the little pave wrap around the basket and it is $1900 in platinum.

So now I have to ask myself....How badly do I want the pave wrap around the basket?

MrsJolie

Rough_Rock
Oops! Forgot the attachment.

I would want the profile to be a little higher than this, and it will probably have to be because my diamond is deeper than this one.

What do you all think?

_32444.jpg

mns12

Shiny_Rock
I had a quote from BE for a similar pave basket wrap and I'm pretty sure for CAD it was $2500 or less. For hand forged it was an extra $1k.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a very similar platinum setting from BGD. It's really sparkly and it was less than $3100. It's called Eternal Grace. My pictures are terrible but the ring is fabulous.

[/http://www.briangavindiamonds.com...l]572935[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]572936[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• dsc00196.jpg
    dsc00196.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 16
  • dsc00243.jpg
    dsc00243.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 16

Wmiod

Rough_Rock
Wow, the Platinum makes the setting crazy $$$. When I got the 1900 I realized I couldn't do it and looked for other options. I found this (I looked for Oval 18K rose gold, but this is platinum). The Cathedral aspect adds support and really didn't bother me.

http://www.adiamor.com/Engagement-Rings/Diamond-Accented/French-Cut-Basket-Setting-Diamonds-3-4-down/Platinum/1694

I can't attest to the craftsmanship of either Lauren B or Adiamor. I opted in the end to put my $$ in my diamond and ended up with a comfort fit 4 prong solitaire from James Allen (also, very convenient but a huge deviation from what I originally wanted).

Update us when you get your setting!

Edit: Forgot to add that there is a 1/2 pave option. If you go white gold & 1/2 pave the price is even lower.

MrsJolie

Rough_Rock
mns12 said:
I had a quote from BE for a similar pave basket wrap and I'm pretty sure for CAD it was $2500 or less. For hand forged it was an extra $1k.

Chrono|1437069706|3903664 said:

Thanks for the BE suggestions!!! They were so fast to respond. They quoted me $2400 for it in platinum.

Haven't heard back from David Klass yet. But I think $2400 sounds better than $3100, right?? :)

I've never really heard of BE. Is this the former Engagement Rings Direct?? I would assume that since several of you recommended them, they do really good pave work, right?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsJolie|1437094664|3903895 said:
mns12 said:

Chrono|1437069706|3903664 said:

Thanks for the BE suggestions!!! They were so fast to respond. They quoted me $2400 for it in platinum.

Haven't heard back from David Klass yet. But I think $2400 sounds better than $3100, right?? :)

I've never really heard of BE. Is this the former Engagement Rings Direct?? I would assume that since several of you recommended them, they do really good pave work, right?

Yes.
DK will be cheaper, but be will produce abetterend result, in my opinion

MrsJolie

Rough_Rock
Wmiod|1437083943|3903820 said:
Wow, the Platinum makes the setting crazy $$$. When I got the 1900 I realized I couldn't do it and looked for other options. I found this (I looked for Oval 18K rose gold, but this is platinum). The Cathedral aspect adds support and really didn't bother me.

http://www.adiamor.com/Engagement-Rings/Diamond-Accented/French-Cut-Basket-Setting-Diamonds-3-4-down/Platinum/1694

I can't attest to the craftsmanship of either Lauren B or Adiamor. I opted in the end to put my $$ in my diamond and ended up with a comfort fit 4 prong solitaire from James Allen (also, very convenient but a huge deviation from what I originally wanted).

Update us when you get your setting!

Edit: Forgot to add that there is a 1/2 pave option. If you go white gold & 1/2 pave the price is even lower.

Really beautiful setting and the price is the best I have seen so far!!! I wish I loved cathedral settings :( I like the....idk what you call them...where the head of the ring sits right on the shank with 4 prongs?? But this is really pretty and it's almost exactly what I want! Thank you so much for sharing this with me!

I second putting most of the $$ in diamond. I did the same thing! I originally said I was going to get a bigger stone and get a very simple inexpensive setting, $1000 tops. That plan didn't last. Now I'd really like to keep the setting ~$2000 or less if I can. I have lots to think about. Now that I have found that one Henri Daussi setting I posted earlier without the pave scarf wrap for $1900...I'm starting to wonder if that little scarf is really worth an extra $500+ :think: :think: :think: :think:

MrsJolie

Rough_Rock
iluvshinythings|1437075210|3903724 said:
I have a very similar platinum setting from BGD. It's really sparkly and it was less than $3100. It's called Eternal Grace. My pictures are terrible but the ring is fabulous.

[/http://www.briangavindiamonds.com...y add such a nice touch without doing a halo!

Attachments

• dsc00196.jpg
    dsc00196.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 17
  • dsc00243.jpg
    dsc00243.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 11

MrsJolie

Rough_Rock
Niel|1437095020|3903897 said:
MrsJolie|1437094664|3903895 said:
mns12 said:
Yes.
DK will be cheaper, but be will produce abetterend result, in my opinion

That's good information to know, thank you!

And oh my WOW....that setting that you posted from Blue Nile. It's stunning!!! Certainly not something I expected from BN...I didn't think they made stuff like that. I'm really impressed with it! It has a little scarf and then some! Thank you for sharing!!

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
MrsJolie|1437095207|3903900 said:
That's so pretty!!!! I love those little diamond wraps!! :love: :love: :love: :love: I think they add such a nice touch without doing a halo!

I completely agree. I love a pretty halo too but the little diamond wraps are a little more subtle and unique.

(I checked on the price and it's $2450 in platinum)

MrsJolie

Rough_Rock
I've been emailing back and forth with BE and they are SO nice! Some of the best customer service I have ever experienced. I have a good feeling about them!

I'm leaning towards having BE make me the Lauren B replica with the adorable little pave scarf around the basket. It's slightly over what I had budgeted for the setting and I will probably have to wait a few more months before ordering it to save up a little more but I would rather wait and get exactly what I want than settle. I've been looking through pictures and posts on here of BE's work and it looks nice!

I'm going to get one more quote from my jeweler's CAD person to see if it's comparable before deciding anything.

I will update this post once everything is finalized and post pictures when I finally have completed ring in hand! Thanks again! :)

MrsJolie

Rough_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results