shape
carat
color
clarity

Where can I get a diamond set?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LuvPugs

Rough_Rock
I have been eyeing a Ritani setting on ebay, but if I bought it, I''m not quite sure I know where to go to set it. Should I send it to Ritani and have them set a diamond in it? Or would I be better off purchasing a diamond and then taking it somewhere to be set? I''m so confused! Thanks for your help!!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 11:49:41 PM
Author:LuvPugs
I have been eyeing a Ritani setting on ebay, but if I bought it, I'm not quite sure I know where to go to set it. Should I send it to Ritani and have them set a diamond in it? Or would I be better off purchasing a diamond and then taking it somewhere to be set? I'm so confused! Thanks for your help!!
In many cases a diamond seller will take responsibility for mounting the stone if you provide the setting; there may be a modest setting fee. If you have both the diamond and setting already ask about liability with any jeweler you're hiring to set the stone (to cover damage in the rare case it occurs during the setting process).

When buying a setting it's a good idea to know what size diamond it will accomodate. You may have all that under control, but I thought it worth a mention.
1.gif

LuvPugs

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the advice!

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Not all diamonds can easily be set into all rings. Consult with whoever is going to be setting the stone, be it the ring seller, the diamond seller or the manufacturer to be sure that your plans will work before you commit to buying all the components. You will be sadly disappointed if you buy a mounting and a diamond that can’t be assembled into the final ring you want.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA)ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results