shape
carat
color
clarity

Where can I find something similar?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PantherPaws24

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I saw this ring when I was shopping at Littman''s with my boyfriend...it actually was breathtaking despite the low specifications. The J color really wasn''t an issue for me, but what bothered me was that the polish on the stones didn''t seem very good and I really don''t think that for how expensive it is, it is entirely worth it. Do you know where I could find something comparable to this - 3 stone round, trellis/swoopy on the mounting, channel on the sides, with appx 1 carat, J color, eye-clean clarity, but with excellent to ideal cut/polish? It also doesn''t come with a certificate - an appraisal only. The cut isn''t specified as well. I don''t like this wedding band, only the engagement ring. So without the band, the lady at the store was pricing it around $5900 tax and appraisal included. Any ideas where I can find this mounting with better quality stones for around $5500-$5800 total?

I posted the link to the Littman''s page below:
http://www.littmanjewelers.com/Products/EW_Sets/999912-999920.aspx

Thanks everyone, you''re the best.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I can't tell if this is swoopy or not, but it looks somewhat similar:
Ingwer setting at GOG

ETA: Also, a few of the Verragio settings I've seen have prongs like the ones on the Littman setting. However, they tend to use pave rather than channel set diamonds.

PantherPaws24

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice...you are absolutely right, these mountings are similar. Does anyone think that Littman''s is overcharging for the quality of this ring?

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well, it''s hard to say since the setting and the stone come together. But if the stone does not come with AGS or GIA (or a lab of similar reputation) certification, then I would not count on it being quite as good as they say it is color and clarity wise. And since we don''t think the cut is that great, then no matter how much it costs it doesn''t sound like a good deal.

This is a bit different but pretty in its own right: micropave and channel in plat (3/5 ctw.)

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A. Jaffe might be another designer.

It''s usually difficult for consumers to detect visible polish imperfections...don''t misinterprete a diamond that doesn''t look nice to have poor polish.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Here is one that''s similar... If you don''t like this one, they have many more to browse through!
Link

PantherPaws24

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the great links - everything has been beautiful! I was definitely not impressed with my visit to Littman''s...the associate didn''t even bring out a loupe to examine the diamonds, I had to ask, and she downplayed an eye-visible black mark in one of the center stones. She also teased me about being very detail oriented. That was a huge turnoff - I think with such a big and important purchase, diligence should not be patronized! I will definitely not go back there. Does anyone know how to get a lifetime guarantee on repairs, diamond replacement, service, etc. online if you buy your diamond from one place and your setting from another?

Thanks again for the great information!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Don't by anything from Littmans...you won't get quality or your money's worth...and I'm sure it looked good under those fake-you-out lights they have at those stores! When I worked with GOG in the past, he let me take the stone outside into the parking lot LOL....and ERD let me basically hang as far into the sunlight as I could get (well, considering he's like 30 stories up haha)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results