shape
carat
color
clarity

Where can I find an email-able invitation?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

Sorry if this is a very basic question, but basically, I''m looking for a website where I can find an email-able invitation that I can use for the wedding receptation we are planning for next month. We eloped last month, so this will be our chance to have a party to celebrate with friends and family. I want to email the invitations out, but I still want them to look sort of formal and wedding-y and essentially like an image of a traditional invitation.

Any suggestions where I can find such a thing? The only thing that I know about is Evite, which I''d rather not use (I''d like it to be slightly more formal than that). I see a lot of threads about wedding invitation design -- do people just create them from scratch on their own? If so, using what kind of software? Sorry - definitely not a graphic design expert here :)

Thanks so much!!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Why not just create an invite in Microsoft Publisher or something similar and then insert or attach it to the email you send. Thats the program I use for most things and its pretty easy.

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/23/2009 1:44:22 PM
Author: oobiecoo
Why not just create an invite in Microsoft Publisher or something similar and then insert or attach it to the email you send. Thats the program I use for most things and its pretty easy.
Thanks oobiecoo! Yes, that's exactly the kind of help I need. I didn't even know where to begin. I think the problem then may be that I don't have a publishing program (I have some kind of Microsoft package, but am not seeing Publisher listed). Hmm.

ETA But it looks like I do have Microsoft Digital Image Standard and that I can create a postcard in that, so maybe that's my best bet...

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Do you have a Kinko''s nearby? They have Publisher on their design computer workstations... you have to pay per minute to use them though. You could check out Open Office software... its basically free versions of Microsoft products and they may have something similar to Publisher that you could download. I''d say I would even do it for you because I love using Publisher... but obviously I can''t get your full name and details on here lol.

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/23/2009 2:49:10 PM
Author: oobiecoo
Do you have a Kinko''s nearby? They have Publisher on their design computer workstations... you have to pay per minute to use them though. You could check out Open Office software... its basically free versions of Microsoft products and they may have something similar to Publisher that you could download. I''d say I would even do it for you because I love using Publisher... but obviously I can''t get your full name and details on here lol.
Awe - that is so nice of you oobiecoo! :)

I''m just glad to learn how it is done, now I''ll have to see about finding access to a publisher...

Thanks for the advice!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Another option is to go through Etsy. Someone can design it for you and add in your details and then send you the pdf. Here''s one example and another one. You can use keywords like ''wedding'' and ''digital.''

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Sammy, those are awesome. I just sent a link to a friend!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I just realized that you would have to save the Publisher file as a different file type (if you even can do that) because if the guests don''t have publisher then they wouldn''t be able to open the invite. The Etsy idea sounds really good... and probably about what you would pay at Kinkos to use their computers anyway.

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Good to know. Maybe I should go with Etsy and save myself from a technology headache. Thanks for the ideas!! On to figuring out the text...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results