shape
carat
color
clarity

Where can I find a descent priced blue fluorescest diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lizziepoo

Rough_Rock
Hey everybody,
I am looking for a diamond preferably with medium to strong fluorescence for a decent price, (Not sure if med or stong would be better) I would love to have at least a full ct. but I have to have a min of .75ct. Is it possible to find a brilliant diamond maybe H&A for under $2,000 if so that would be great) if not the next best thing would be ok). I am tring not to be too picky but the more research I put in about diamonds the more I find out that I am extremely picky and I want the best (or near it anyway). The blue tint in the diamond is something I will love and realize it will drop the price for the diamond I am looking for so that is great too. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks
emteeth.gif

1.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
a minimum of .75, for $2000, would mean you had to go to lower color and clarity grades.

What are your lower bounds for color and clarity?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why do you want a fluorescent diamond?

If you want it because you think it's cool and like the blue color, you'll want strong or very strong blue.

Also, is 2000 your "hard" upper budget?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
The only 3 stones I find are with Wink, at the high end of 2k.

Good Luck.

lizziepoo

Rough_Rock
1.gif
Thanks Julie N and Stone Cold, I may have to stretch the budget or hope my boyfriend can stretch his, I''m thinking of putting in some extra cash if need be if not I''ll just sacrifice for a smaller stone. I''m still researching thanks guys for the links and tips.

lizziepoo

Rough_Rock
Well my Min color would be J and clarity would have to be SI1 or 2 whichever looks best to the naked eye. I just want something that will have a real sparkle to it with a visible blue tint. Having a perfect diamond isn't as important as it looking near perfect to the eye. Thanks again :)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
lizziepoo, just fyi, to actually find a blue fluorescent diamond that shows the blue will not be an easy thing, and you could be searching for a loong time.
As JulieN mentioned, med will not cut it, you will need to go to strong or v. strong.
Then, you will have to make sure you are working with a trusted vendor that has the diamonds on hand to inspect, not a drop shipper etc, so they can tell you whether the strong fluor is having any negative effects on the stone.

Even if you do find one, in my experience they don''t usually have a "blue tint" - you will only see the blue under a black light, or in strong direct sunlight, where it will have a blue/purple haze effect..
I''m not saying its impossible, and there are some out there - but just with other constraints such as budget, size etc you may not want to focus on that one component too much.

Do you mind to tell us why its important to you?

lizziepoo

Rough_Rock
Thanks Arjunajane I see now I thought just by looking at it it would seem slightly bluer than the average diamond. I guess it is not that important, I only wanted my stone to be a little different from others and plus I love the color blue. I will try to find a stone that is strong in fluorescence.

Thanks JulieN for taking the time out to send me the link to jamesallen I believe I found another setting I like that is even less pricer than the one I loved before (I just hope they are good quality) At first I was interested in the vatche swan setting but now im thinking I can compromise a chunck of the cost for that to go towards my stone. Is this wise?

Actually I think I am obsessing about this, I have a final coming up and all I am thinking of is finding the perfect ring
7.gif
It all began when my boyfriend implanted the thought of engagement in my mind. He mentioned he was going to get me a ring this month and I am tring to stir him in the right direction. Am I doing to much too soon?
33.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Study hard, lizzie, so you ace that final.
34.gif
And, tell your boyfriend to join PS, and we''ll help him find you a great ring. Or, he can wait until after finals so you guys can go ring shopping together.

Such an exciting time for you!
36.gif
35.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey Lizzie, I don't want to put you off what you really want - just wanted to give you a lil heads up on how fluor potentially will and won't work.
Like I said, these stones do exist, it just may take some patience and shopping around.

Your best bet would be to contact some of the trusted vendors here and just ask them for options in your specs, mentioning how SB fluor is impt to you.

I know Wink Jones often has alot of fluor diamonds.
Also, please do try contacting Jon at GOG
and also WF
I worked with both these vendors for my upgrade earlier this year, and can't say enough about them.
The easiest way to do this is just to email the pros and see what they have and reccomend you - it will save you alot of time.

I also suggest that to stretch your budget and get the size you want, you can sacrifice some in colour - if you're not particularly colour sensitive, than an I or J with SB would be great for you. In some stones with warmer tint colours, blue fluor can help them face up whiter.
I have an ideal cut K from GOG, with med blue and it faces up as white as can be, couldn't be happier.

If you are studying, perhaps it could be a good idea to finish your exams first - this whole thing can be very distracting !
5.gif

Depending on what your guy is like, directing him here could be a great idea. Or some guys will get overwhelmed/intimidated and then walk into the nearest maul store and buy whatever they're sold - you don't want this
40.gif
2.gif

If he's a research kinda guy, alot of them thrive on all the learning and really enjoy the experience of finding "the perfect ring"..

What works for me (us), is I do the research, Fi gives his stamp of approval (or not
3.gif
), and we go from there - it just depends on how you guys work..hth
1.gif

Pls let us know if we can help with anything else, and congrats on your upcoming engagement!

lizziepoo

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much guys for the advice. I spoke with my boyfriend and he think it is most important to get exactly what I want.....But what I want may be too expensive. I don't want him to regret spending so much money on a ring. I found one that I really love love and I am tring to put all the details together such as price, diamond and wedding band. What do you all think of the MaeVona collection. You can find it here.........There is alot to think about and I am soooo excited. Thanks again guys for your wonderful advice....
26.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you for the many kind words. I appreciate them!

Wink

lizziepoo

Rough_Rock
No Problem Wink, Maybe one day I can elicit your help ;-) Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results