shape
carat
color
clarity

Where can I find a 1 mm plain band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tinkerbell

Rough_Rock
Hello once again,

Everyone here is so helpful, I have another question for you all. Does anyone know of any vendors that carry or will custom make a 1 mm plain platinum band? I''ve only been able to find bands that are 2 mm or larger. I currently have a white gold 1 mm band that needs to be replaced. I need the band to be plain, as it is going to be used as a spacer.

Thanks.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
In plat. I suspect that would really be pushing the envelope of what would hold up under fire. Platinum is durable but it is malleable, moreso than gold. I don't know that anyone will make you a 1mm without the caveat of "you break it , oh, well" Just a thought to consider.

shay

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It would not be any big deal to make such a ring on a custom basis. It would be somewhat fragile to bending, I''m afraid. You need to think if 1/2 round, or square for the profile of the metal. Square would be more metal and slightly stronger. Why so narrow?

If no one steps up with a ring, I feel sure one of the many manufacturers on Jewelers Row, in my area, could do this for you. I will help you to contact one who could do it, but it is preferable for someone who reads here to respond directly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results