shape
carat
color
clarity

Where can I find a 1 mm plain band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tinkerbell

Rough_Rock
Hello once again,

Everyone here is so helpful, I have another question for you all. Does anyone know of any vendors that carry or will custom make a 1 mm plain platinum band? I''ve only been able to find bands that are 2 mm or larger. I currently have a white gold 1 mm band that needs to be replaced. I need the band to be plain, as it is going to be used as a spacer.

Thanks.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
In plat. I suspect that would really be pushing the envelope of what would hold up under fire. Platinum is durable but it is malleable, moreso than gold. I don't know that anyone will make you a 1mm without the caveat of "you break it , oh, well" Just a thought to consider.

shay

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It would not be any big deal to make such a ring on a custom basis. It would be somewhat fragile to bending, I''m afraid. You need to think if 1/2 round, or square for the profile of the metal. Square would be more metal and slightly stronger. Why so narrow?

If no one steps up with a ring, I feel sure one of the many manufacturers on Jewelers Row, in my area, could do this for you. I will help you to contact one who could do it, but it is preferable for someone who reads here to respond directly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Who was Jean Schlumberger?
    Who was Jean Schlumberger?
    The Jewelry of Disney's Cruella
    The Jewelry of Disney's Cruella
    He Said, "Yes!"
    He Said, "Yes!"

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.