shape
carat
color
clarity

Where can I buy the Lucida bezel setting other than at Tiffany?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

calpernica

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Does anyone know of a quality maker that has a version of the Lucida bezel ring.

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,
calpernica

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one?

lucida_bezel1.jpg

calpernica

Rough_Rock
The very same ...

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s the side view for those who are interested.

It looks like basically a bezel set x-prong. I''ve never seen one comercially available (maybe others have and could chime in?), but I''m sure it could be custom made for you. Do you already have a center stone? It''s a lovely setting, I think!

lucida_bezel2.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
You will likely have to custom this. Tiffany doesn''t sell their settings without their stones

calpernica

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your supporting email ecf8503.

I have not got a centre stone yet no, in fact I need some guidance on this too as I am not sure of the cut required & an appropriate size to approximate the great effect in the pictures you kindly attached.

As for custom-making, who has the best reputation in the New York area?

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooohh aren''t you lucky to be in NY!

Have you gone to look at stone shapes and patterns yet? There are stones that are cut similarly to the Lucida (which is the name of the diamond cut itself, btw, and is an exclusive Tiffany stone) - the Lucere is a similar cut (pic below) and that stone in a similar setting will approximate the Tiffany look. Also a radiant cut will do. BUT - you may decide after looking at various sizes, shapes, colors, and cut patterns that some appeal to you more than others. I think that particular setting design can be made to hold just about any shape stone you want.

If I were you, I''d look at Good Old Gold''s site and browse the different shapes and read some of the tutorials on the GOG site as well as here on PS. Jonathan at GOG posts here frequently under the name Rhino. Now the REALLY lucky thing for you is that Good Old Gold is located on Long Island, and I''d highly recommend going out there to see things in person. They carry a lot of stone shapes (Jubilee, square Hearts and Arrows, Regents, Lucere, etc) that aren''t very common, and he''s got them all in one place.

There are lots of vendors in NYC, and I''m sure others will chime in with their recommendations too. But I''ve had good experiences with Good Old Gold, and for what you are looking to do, that seems like a good place to start!

lucereslick.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Totally 2nd Good Old Gold. You could get a great Jubilee for this. They will do custom work if you livei n the city I beleive.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Ame - Be Still My Beating Heart!

Picture this Jubilee in a Mark Morrell custom ring...... (wiping drool off keyboard)

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a fab looking Original Radiant 1.57ct F VS2 at Diamonds By Lauren

Radiant 1.57ct F VS2 DBL.JPG

calpernica

Rough_Rock
Thanks ame ...

... & thanks again ecf8503. I''m not in New York at the moment. I''m planning a collection trip when the time comes. So would like to arrange everything else remotely if possible.

widget

Ideal_Rock
I just LOVE that mounting!
30.gif

It seems to me what ever stone you pick, one with snipped corners would look best...an EC or asscher could work, too...
3.gif

widget

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bezel will have to fit the stone, but there are copies of this mounting. I don't know anything about their quality etc., but Adwar makes some. This is wholesaler one of the jewelers posting here has mentioned once...

I am sure there must be others.

IMO, having the setting made like the one at Diamonds By Lauren without the cross-wires under the basket would make the thing allot easier to make and the chances to get it done right higher.

Also, you might want to run a search on this forum for a previous similar attempt: someone wanted to have a similar setting done and ended up rejecting several castings. As far as I can tell, this ring would require a different method, but maybe not... it all depends on what the maker of your ring is comfortable with.

Just my 0.2

Best of luck !
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results