shape
carat
color
clarity

Where can I buy garnets from Little Three Mine?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I hear they have some very nice spessartite and the mine is somewhere in the Western part of the United States.

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Encroaching suburbs and EPA regulations have practically put the Little Three out of business. Virtually no new spessartite is emerging from San Diego County mines these days. I read recently that one mine owner had left for Brazil in frustration.

Richard M.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
What a shame.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
well done movie zombie! that would make a great collectors piece!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you!

actually, i hadn''t bid on it yet but after looking at it again, i''ve gone for it. also contemplating his California beryl/aquamarine which already has a $10 bid on it. this could be the beginning of a collection of California specimens!

or perhaps even a collection of spess specimens?! we''ll see.

looked at the vendors past sales and he sold another specimen recently.....

peace, annette

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
super!! i hope you win them!!
best of luck!

lonewoodminer

Shiny_Rock
Hi all
I heard that Richard M has just got some great quality Spessartite. May be a safer bet then ebay!

Cheers Andrew Lane

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m interested in this spess garnet BECAUSE it is from little three mine and only as a specimen. however, i''ve had some personal e-mail with richard m. and at a future date i may be doing business with him re a spess for actual everyday wear and tear in either a wedding band or as an engagement ring.

btw, i''ve been notified that i ''won'' and i''ve already authorized paypal to make payment. this can be something for me to look at and play with until i make up my mind what i''m doing re a ''real'' stone for our rings.

peace, movie zombie

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats! i hope this is the start of a nice cali collection!!
2.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
could be, belle, could be! decided not to bid on the california beryl/aquamarine. think i''ll wait and see what else he puts up for bid....could be a mistake but i''ll wait until i see the spess.

peace, movie zombie

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Movie Zombie. Please post some photos when you get it. I love the idea of a California specimen collection. I may have to copy you :)

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I''ve was away for the weekend and just noticed this thread. Congratulations on your win, MZ! I''m sure specimens from the Little Three/Hercules mines will become increasingly collectible as production declines.

The matched pair of 4.5 mm. rounds in the image show the type of gem spessartite produced there over the years. I''m hanging on to these for the time being because, like your specimen, they''re becoming increasingly rare.

As for Andrew''s comments above, I''m now the proud owner of much of the parcel of Nigerian spessartite rough he showed PriceScopers in a previous thread. I''ll be cutting this very fine material over the next few months to fill in my stock of 1 to 2 carat spessartites. My existing stones are mostly 2 carats plus.

Richard M.

4.5 mm. Little 3 copy.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
richard m,

i would like to talk with you re your current inventory and your future additions re 1-2 carats. can you PM me a phone number and a good time to call you?

peace, movie zombie

peace, movie zombie

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
richard m,

done. and sent a response.

peace, movie zombie

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have one Little Three stone, a 0.689 carat marquise, top color, that is a 90% orange primary hue with perhaps 10% yellow as a secondary hue about 30% tone. These are exceptionally rare and normally command a premium in the marketplace. Total production from Little Three has been estimated at about 10,000 carats. The good news is, the finest of the Nigerian Spessartite compare favorably to the best from Little Three.

triphane

Rough_Rock
Hi,

My company did development work at the Hurcules mine from 1997 to 1999. We produced over 2 kilos of facet rough and many fine specimens durring that time. We still hold the mining claim and intend to start operations there in the next few years. The Hercules mine is located north of the Little three mine. We also are currently reopening the Tourmaline King mine near Pala.

Erik

hercules_lookout_garnet_pockets_1997.jpg

lonewoodminer

Shiny_Rock
Good news Erik

Its great to see mines opening rather then the trend of clousures over recent times.

Good luck!

Cheers Andrew Lane
www.aussiesapphire.com.au

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results