shape
carat
color
clarity

Where can I buy a high end 5 stone diamond band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
Dogs are the best aren't they? Perhaps the most selfless, loving creatures on this earth. I certainly miss the family pet as I am currently on the opposite coast so I won't be able to see "Flash" until next spring sometime when I move back to New England.... He must be like 11-12 years old and yet he still barks and gets all excited every time someone's at the front door. We rescued him from the pound when he was just a puppy
1.gif
1.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Dogs are great. If I could only be half the person my dogs think I am.
9.gif

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
I finally went to Tiffany's (Century City) this weekend with my fiance to size up the wedding bands next to her engagement ring. Although they had quite a selection in terms of different styles, the diamond bands we were interested in were the round brilliant stones (partly around the band) / 4 prong set-up. For such a style, they only carry 7 and 9 stone diamond bands (G VS stones). The 0.08 carat / 0.5 TCW band seemed to look best next to the 1.4 carat engagement ring so I think this will be the set up I will try to come up with. One interesting tidbit about the experience: The sales rep, who was a "graduate gemologist" asked if we had purchased the engagement ring from that particular store.......heheheh.... It brought a smile to my face that the Lazare Kaplan Tiffany setting fooled the Tiffany sales rep.
1.gif

For some pics of the engagement ring:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ring-for-soon-to-be-fiance.8985/

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/19/2003 9:40:15 PM derekinla wrote:

I finally went to Tiffany's (Century City) this weekend with my fiance to size up the wedding bands next to her engagement ring. Although they had quite a selection in terms of different styles, the diamond bands we were interested in were the round brilliant stones (partly around the band) / 4 prong set-up. For such a style, they only carry 7 and 9 stone diamond bands (G VS stones). The 0.08 carat / 0.5 TCW band seemed to look best next to the 1.4 carat engagement ring so I think this will be the set up I will try to come up with. One interesting tidbit about the experience: The sales rep, who was a 'graduate gemologist' asked if we had purchased the engagement ring from that particular store.......heheheh.... It brought a smile to my face that the Lazare Kaplan Tiffany setting fooled the Tiffany sales rep.
1.gif

blockquote>

Nothing like self discovery. Personally, I thought that 1/2 c would look the best. Are you going 7 or 9? This may be my preference - but for comfort go w/ the amount of stones that reach just to & not over the width of her finger.

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
I am going for 7 stones (0.08 carat) 1/2 carat TCW. I just emailed Denies at WF about getting such a ring made. I will keep you guys posted!

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
I just officially placed the order for the ring which is going to be made (will take about a week). It will be 7 stones, approx 0.6 TCW in a 4 prong platinum setup. The stones will be F-G VS quality and will be their A Cut Above Hearts and Arrows Melees!!!! Ring will be sent to Dave Atlas for an appraisal.
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
WOW...... Congratulations, Derek. That sounds beautiful!

Can't wait to see pics when it arrives!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Derek!

So does WF carry .08c melee's? I thought it was .02 and then .10 and nothing in between?

2.gif

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
Apparently they do. "Brian the Cutter" must be a very talented person to be able to attain hearts and arrows level of perfection with such small melees. Will let you know what Dave thinks of them
2.gif

slammie

Shiny_Rock
Sounds really nice! Is it by any chance the Diamond by Le listed on their website? Please post a picture of it with your engagment if possible!
appl.gif

I tried on a half band at Tiffany's too and would love to see your band together with the other since my setting is very similar to yours...but from superbcert.
lickout.gif

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
Bingo! Yup, it's the Diamond band by Le (whoever Le is). Will get pics when avail. Are you also looking for 7 stone band?

bling

Shiny_Rock
hi derekinla,
i am also looking for a similiar wedding band to be made...cant decide yet if we want an eternity band or like you, around 7-9 stones. i sorta want the band to be engraved. do you mind if i ask a ball park range of what the diamonds cost you...and if it cost more to have the ring custom made by WF? thanks!
appl.gif
9.gif

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 10/23/2003 11:30:03 AM bling wrote:

hi derekinla,
i am also looking for a similiar wedding band to be made...cant decide yet if we want an eternity band or like you, around 7-9 stones. i sorta want the band to be engraved. do you mind if i ask a ball park range of what the diamonds cost you...and if it cost more to have the ring custom made by WF? thanks!
appl.gif
9.gif
----------------

My fiance decided on the 7 diamond set up as this was the most comfortable! With the eternity bands, they can be a bit more uncomfortable as their external diameter can be a bit larger. I think cleaning and caring for a 7 stone band will also be a bit easier. I'm not sure what the individual melees cost as the price included the band. You can actually see the band on their website under wedding bands. It's by some designer with the name "Le". It includes 7 ACA H&A F/G VS melees (presumeably about 0.09 carats each). The price with a size 6 band is $1348 (also listed on their site). I would email Denise or give her a call for other band designs or price of individual loose melees. Good Luck!
appl.gif

slammie

Shiny_Rock
derekinla, I can't decide on 7 or 9. I tried on 7 I think at Tiffanys and liked it very much but Shreve's also had some beautiful 9 stones half eternity bands. I liked the way the 9 stone appeared to look like an eternity band. I too was thinking eternity, but realized that the eternity was a bit bulkier thus more uncomfortable! Plus, with the half you have the bonus of engraving and not worrying if your finger gets bigger
rodent.gif

Thanks for your previous posts! That is how I found the supercert setting; I wanted something similar that was not a high set mounting
1.gif
. So how did you like the Lazare Kaplan once you got to see in live person? I was amazed at how the superbcert looked identical to the Tiffanys. Is yours knife edged too? I'm sure your fiancee loved it!! I've seen the pics and its lovely. Great photos too!

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
I just got the 7 stone band from Whiteflash and I am very much impressed by the ACA H&A Melees. Although my S230 Canon digital camera doesn't do the stones justice, I can clearly see the arrows in the face up position through a hearts and arrows viewer and in indirect light conditions. I will have to take some pics next to my fiance's engagement ring for the full effect
2.gif

Picture 057.jpg

bling

Shiny_Rock
that look awsome!!!
appl.gif
appl.gif
..more pics!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results