shape
carat
color
clarity

When you see a person who is sporting a lot of jewelry ...

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Gran used to wear ALL her rings at the one time. She had a lot and could barely bend her fingers ha ha.
Me, I have way too much jewellery and most days (retired now) I’m just wearing my engagement ring and wedding ring plus Apple Watch. Not even earrings, necklace or a bracelet.
But when I go out I plan my jewellery wardrobe as much as my clothes.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Folks have their own vibe and style. If other people don't get it, too bad. Life is short wear IT ALL ALL THE TIME.:devil::bigsmile::P2:saint:

cheers--Sharon

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm... I think it depends on the jewellery. If they are wear LOADS of costume/fake jewels all at the same time I think that is a bit tacky. :snooty: Although honestly life is short so I guess wear whatever you like! :whistle:

Where I live you don't often see many real/high-end jewels, just e-rings or diamond studs etc. People here hide their wealth as it's not tasteful to flaunt it, especially in a drought when so many are struggling/suffering... :cry2:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I try to sneak a peek at jewelry others are wearing. That said, it makes no difference to me what other feel comfortable doing nor is it any of my business to judge what that should be. I don't wear any more than 2 rings at once with a watch. Most of the time I forget earrings and necklace. What the heck do I have it all for then I ask?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm... I think it depends on the jewellery. If they are wear LOADS of costume/fake jewels all at the same time I think that is a bit tacky. :snooty: Although honestly life is short so I guess wear whatever you like! :whistle:

Where I live you don't often see many real/high-end jewels, just e-rings or diamond studs etc. People here hide their wealth as it's not tasteful to flaunt it, especially in a drought when so many are struggling/suffering... :cry2:
im so sorry about your drought
i hope you get good rain soon
i completely understand

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amen to that. I’ve decided I love my 40s.

With each decade one's self confidence generally increases. I am more at peace with everything and what others think about me do not concern me as long as I am good with who I am and what I do. That is the prize of aging. Being self confident and content and knowing whatever age you are at is the perfect age. Each year is special and cherish growing older. It is truly a privilege and I hope to grow old and wrinkled.

The most important thing I can tell you about aging is this: If you really feel that you want to have an off-the-shoulder blouse and some big beads and thong sandals and a dirndl skirt and a magnolia in your hair, do it. Even if you're wrinkled. Maya Angelou

Bowie-aging-quote-1.jpg

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I will echo most and say I just love seeing beautiful jewelry on others. Hubby likes to play a game and quiz me about jewelry we see. I've never even thought about being judged on mine. Because I work in the medical field and have to wear my hair up and gloves, I tend to go all out on the weekends when we have plans. It makes me feel beautiful, and that's never a bad thing. Especially for someone like me who tends to be on the introverted side (not insecure, just perfectly happy at home by myself).

@missy I absolutely love the Maya quote, as some of the most stunning women I have ever came across were of a certain age and rocking their true self, usually with silver flowing locks. I hope to be one of them one day.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amen to that. I’ve decided I love my 40s.

Embrace it. There is a lot more to come. It just gets better and better.:))

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't think anything, however if it was jewellery I loved I'd be oogling discreetly and possibly paying compliments if the situation allowed it.

I wear jewellery for me and my 6yo (I look like a rapper when he accessorises me but I grin and bear it with my head held high).

Life is short so I am going to load myself with all the gems I can fit on and work with an outfit! I am the type that wears my heart ring turned in the face ME no matter how much my jeweller fights me about it :lol:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've finally reached the age in my life where I wear the jewelry I want, when I want. It makes me happy & I love looking at it. However, I surely wouldn't wear anything in an inappropriate setting.

And I've also reached the age where I wear what I want when it comes to clothing. I called my sister a few months ago...I had finally bought a pair of the shoes our mother wears all the time: slip-on tennis shoes. :lol: I wear them indoors, at home. And let me tell you, they are so comfortable!:eek2:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No.

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
I’ve always had horrible self esteem and jewelry gives me a confidence that doesn’t come naturally to me. I feel like people are looking at my earrings instead of my acne scars and my necklace instead of my waist line. They are probably not but if it makes me feel better about myself then whatever. You only live once! With that said, I don’t wear a lot. I have two holes in my ears - the top ones get dainty studs and the bottoms get a bigger stud or a simply dangle. I wear a ring or two on each hand and a single necklace at a time. I’m not a watch or bangle kind of person.

The only time I felt judged for my jewelry was recently when I was browsing a jewelry store and not wearing much of my own stuff at all. The sales associate glanced at my rings and assumed I wouldn’t be affording anything in the store. Well, she proceeded to follow me around and suggested I apply for their financing multiple times (even though I told her it was unnecessary). I didn’t buy anything but it was more because she didn’t treat me with respect instead of giving me the time to browse and find something that was of interest.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’ve always had horrible self esteem and jewelry gives me a confidence that doesn’t come naturally to me. I feel like people are looking at my earrings instead of my acne scars and my necklace instead of my waist line. They are probably not but if it makes me feel better about myself then whatever. You only live once! With that said, I don’t wear a lot. I have two holes in my ears - the top ones get dainty studs and the bottoms get a bigger stud or a simply dangle. I wear a ring or two on each hand and a single necklace at a time. I’m not a watch or bangle kind of person.

The only time I felt judged for my jewelry was recently when I was browsing a jewelry store and not wearing much of my own stuff at all. The sales associate glanced at my rings and assumed I wouldn’t be affording anything in the store. Well, she proceeded to follow me around and suggested I apply for their financing multiple times (even though I told her it was unnecessary). I didn’t buy anything but it was more because she didn’t treat me with respect instead of giving me the time to browse and find something that was of interest.
bad bad shop assistant
you never know how much money someone has by looking at them
i hope that never happened to you again
it generally doesn't help those of us with low self esteem
i tend to go home and get white upset if ive had bad service like that because ive spent my entire adult life being a shop assistant and im known to be nice to everyone

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Most of the time I forget earrings and necklace. What the heck do I have it all for then I ask?

I am starting to feel like that. There are times I think I should just send it all off to someone like Jewels by Grace for consignment. I have not touched anything in months, rings and bracelets included.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only time I judge people for wearing jewelry is when they wear it to work out (and that’s because I’m cringing about the damage they could be doing to it). Otherwise more power to them :mrgreen2:

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am starting to feel like that. There are times I think I should just send it all off to someone like Jewels by Grace for consignment. I have not touched anything in months, rings and bracelets included.
You collection is lovely. I put my fancy earrings on around the house when kids are asleep just for myself to enjoy and get giddy...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results