shape
carat
color
clarity

When you see a person who is sporting a lot of jewelry ...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
do you think he/she is flaunting their wealth?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Insecure.

My mum always says, if she does not wear any jewellery, people will not think she has none. However, if she wears lots, peeps may think that is all she has.

DK :))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I’d think they’ve got a lot of lovely jewellery and enjoy wearing it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends on the jewelry.

Generally less is more but there is no one rule fits all.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
if its nice and tasteful i just enjoy looking at it
i had one customer had quite nice rings and she wore quite a few but they were filthy
i think she mucked out the staples with them on
i wish i had the confidence to wear more of mine together but i do wear rings on both hands if i go out

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
Not necessarily. Jewellery does not necessarily equate with wealth. Some of it could be relatively inexpensive anyway (I am thinking moissanite). I usually think that they like jewellery and it gives me something to chat about with them.

BlingBlingLova

Shiny_Rock
Premium
No. I'm the type that if I buy diamonds, i will wear them. I don't save for a special occasion because every day is a special occasion. If people see diamonds on me, let them think they are fake. I would rather people think they are fake then be subjected to judgemental remarks (which has happened before btw). I wear them because it makes me happy, not to flaunt but to each his own :geek2:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
To be honest I couldnt care less what others think, especially when it comes to wearing jewelry.
I wear what I wear for me, and do not include the judgeful eyes of others. I also dont care if I'm seen as rich or poor.
Usually what feels right and looks good to my eye is 2 or 3 rings paired either with dangle earrings OR a dainty necklace. I'm assuming in 50 years when Im close to 75 that I'll be sporting a ring on every finger with multiple necklaces 40" long and feather duster earrings. Yes I will accept this fate :kiss2:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nah...I think, good for that person wearing what they love. The older one gets the less one cares what others think. :mrgreen2:

I think this is one of the best aspects of getting ‘old’er! :dance:

I wouldn’t judge someone for wearing what they love & a lot of it unless they wore a crap-ton of bling in an ‘inappropriate’ setting such as volunteering with the poor; that’d just be poor taste.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Depends on what items he/she is wearing.

If tasteful/beautiful, I would think he/she loves jewelry. If butt ugly and/or tasteless, probably more of flaunting wealth.

That said, irl I observe that the older ladies have more of a devil may care attitude and are more decked out. I’m beginning to understand that... am slowly getting there lol. Life is too short and unpredictable... enjoy our bling and the joys they bring while we can.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t form any conclusions about the person. I just want a closer look at the jewelry.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see some ladies wearing lots of costume jewelry. Hey, she loves it and wants to look beautiful. More power to her!

I always wear at least 2 rings on each hand, a bracelet on each wrist plus necklace and earrings. I don't think it's too much. Sometimes all diamonds, sometimes colored stones, sometimes all sterling. I try to rotate my stock!

Here in the Southwest, Native American jewelry with turquoise and silver is very popular. Some ladies layer it on. Bracelets halfway up to the elbows. But that's OK! Some of these pieces are true works of art and I always enjoy seeing it. I jokingly will tell a complete stranger "Don't fall out of the boat, or you will sink with all that silver!" (The photo below is not me, just an example.)
2e0d5db13235f8052c202eefbd769798.jpg

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't seen that yet. Maybe my idea of blinged out is skewed horribly.:P2 If it was all real, I'd just be appreciating. Personally though, I have to make a conscious effort to even remember to wear jewelry when I go out!:eek2:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I probably wouldn't think anything. Like @Madam Bijoux, I would probably just want to look at it closer and maybe ask a few questions about it. I often think about asking a stranger a questions about something but don't really like to have strangers talk to me. I never ask, but it crosses my mind. I think it's because of PS.

Q

Queenie60

I tend to wear a necklace, earrings, and two bracelets, plus my wedding ring and a rhr. However, I don't wear large jewelry as I am a petite person. What is considered too much? I have a lot so I tend to wear it!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of the people I see wearing a lot of jewelry aren't wearing jewelry that looks high-worth to me ... or, I guess it could be expensive but not high-quality? Idk. Regardless, I love to see jewelry, and even if I don't wear "more" I enjoy seeing it on others.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jewelryislikeicecream.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 some days my hands and wrists (and neck!) look similar to the pic you posted. That model is my spirit animal!

@Garnetgirl I also dream of channeling my inner Liberace when I’m 70-80 years old. I want to sweep around in caftans and big hair and be dripping with jewels. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
@stracci2000 some days my hands and wrists (and neck!) look similar to the pic you posted. That model is my spirit animal!

@Garnetgirl I also dream of channeling my inner Liberace when I’m 70-80 years old. I want to sweep around in caftans and big hair and be dripping with jewels. :lol:
I'm tending towards looking like Elizabeth Taylor as Sissy Goforth in Boom! Lounging around in my Mediterranean mansion, loaded up with flamboyant (yet real) jewellery and wearing glamorous kaftans. :mrgreen2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results