shape
carat
color
clarity

When you like it, but not sure why

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look for opinions from the experts. I have been looking for a wide band diamond ring and came upon this one. At first, I instantly thought it was dated and retro. But then I tried it on and really like how it looked and felt. So now I'm confused. What do you all think of this ring? image_3949.jpg

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure I qualify as an expert, but I really like it a lot. It is different with many unique qualities. I don't consider it retro; it is very cool and I would rock that ring myself. :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's not exactly my style, but I think it's pretty and looks really nice on you! I don't think it looks dated.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is so unique...maybe thats why you like it. I find it very interesting. Unexpected...it makes me want to look at it :cheeky: !
I think when something speaks to you, even if you cant put your finger on it, that means something.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nala|1445743200|3941822 said:
What do you all think of this ring?

Since you asked, I don't like it at all.
Looks like someone did a reset and was stuck with some baguettes.

screen_shot_2015-10-25_at_1.png

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! It's unique and beautiful.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No go.

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
Not my style but it is unique, for good or bad. Is it a RHR or are you gonna use it for your wedding band?

Ultimately it's your ring so if it pleases you then that's all that matters.

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The only piece of advice I'll give you on this is: make sure that when you are looking, you don't dismiss something just because it is dated or retro. Who cares! If you like something, then that's all that matters.

At what point does dated become retro become antique?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RetroTreeGal|1445821329|3942106 said:
The only piece of advice I'll give you on this is: make sure that when you are looking, you don't dismiss something just because it is dated or retro. Who cares! If you like something, then that's all that matters.

Some people care more about others approving.

That's okay too.
People vary.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's unique so I doubt anyone will think it's dated. For what's it's worth, I like it. :))

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's an unusual design - my concern would be that it looks like you get very little firepower (sparkle) from the diamonds because they're baguettes, and because of the way the ring is designed. But that might not be the case in real life, and in any event those might not be your priorities.

This really isn't a question for "the experts." The question is for you - does it make your heart really sing?

Can you leave it for a week or two and then go back to see how you feel about it?

BTW my guess is that if you're asking us, it's probably not making your heart really sing. But as Kenny noted, people vary and I my read on it could easily be wrong.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for playing along with me. Tbh, I was looking for folk to discourage me! To tell me "eew, that's so ugly.! why would you want it!!!" I do value others' opinions, not their approvals ...the same as anyone who comes to this forum. As I take in all opinions, I realize they all resonate with me. From "it's so unique" to Kenny's comment about leftover baguettes. And that is why I didn't jump on it immediately. I'm learning to practice self restraint.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Nala, it looks very pretty on you! Wear and enjoy what you like! I think you should keep looking and if you come back to it then you will know it's the one! :wavey:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RetroTreeGal|1445821329|3942106 said:

At what point does dated become retro become antique?

My concern with dated and retro is that since I'm not a jewelry expert on decades, I don't want to invest in a ring that down the road would only be worth its weight in gold. While I know jewelry is not an investment, I purchase estate and am lucky to resell and break even when I get bored and want a new bauble.

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
nala|1445916699|3942441 said:
My concern with dated and retro is that since I'm not a jewelry expert on decades, I don't want to invest in a ring that down the road would only be worth its weight in gold. While I know jewelry is not an investment, I purchase estate and am lucky to resell and break even when I get bored and want a new bauble.

I guess that makes sense. I don't look at jewelry as a temporary item. I know, I'm probably one of the few PSers who don't!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results