shape
carat
color
clarity

When you get it home and realize, it might look weird - style help?!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I went to a local gem and jewelry show today and bought two pieces of sterling/shibuichi jewelry. So far so good. Not my usual style, but I thought they were nice. I tried on the dragonfly. So pretty but something seems off. I am not sure if it is a scale problem, a chain issue (too fine?) or just need something else. Please forgive the no makeup, Sunday extreme casual. I am adding a pic of me (eeek) just so you can get a sense of scale and help. Thanks in advance...also sharing a pic of the moth that also looks too big (?) or strange. I would almost prefer them as pins, but they do not have a pin back and have moving wings and detailed back.

received_2541179189502051.jpeg

20191027_193201 (002).jpg 20191027_193737.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
first off
you look fine ! and its monday here and you still look fine

i love the dragonfly and the moth too
i agree they would both make excellant brooches
or hat pins ... if only we still had a need for hat pins

i would try a heavier chain

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
first off
you look fine ! and its monday here and you still look fine

i love the dragonfly and the moth too
i agree they would both make excellant brooches
or hat pins ... if only we still had a need for hat pins

i would try a heavier chain

:) That would be one hell of a hat pin. It's Monday somewhere....so I am toasting you with a glass of wine. Thanks D&D, I think a heavier and oxidized chain may save the day.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
:) That would be one hell of a hat pin. It's Monday somewhere....so I am toasting you with a glass of wine. Thanks D&D, I think a heavier and oxidized chain may save the day.
enjoy !
and its well into Monday here !

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are beautiful. I think the chain might be a bit delicate. I would add a more substantial chain or if I was wearing either with a T-shirt I would probably put them on a silk cord.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to a local gem and jewelry show today and bought two pieces of sterling/shibuichi jewelry. So far so good. Not my usual style, but I thought they were nice. I tried on the dragonfly. So pretty but something seems off. I am not sure if it is a scale problem, a chain issue (too fine?) or just need something else. Please forgive the no makeup, Sunday extreme casual. I am adding a pic of me (eeek) just so you can get a sense of scale and help. Thanks in advance...also sharing a pic of the moth that also looks too big (?) or strange. I would almost prefer them as pins, but they do not have a pin back and have moving wings and detailed back.

received_2541179189502051.jpeg

20191027_193201 (002).jpg 20191027_193737.jpg

@moneymeister you are beautiful. Just looking into your eyes you can see what a gorgeous person you are inside and out. I love your new dragonfly and moth and think perhaps you just need a hardier thicker chain. Or it would make a delicious brooch too. A statement piece for sure and a lovely one at that. I love dragonflies.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are beautiful @moneymeister...Gorgeous skin...It looks really well made...I also think a heavier chain would showcase it better...

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
I second Mamabean, your skin is so beautiful :kiss2:
I personally prefer a thicker & longer chain for such big statement pendants.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Both are beautiful. I think the chain might be a bit delicate. I would add a more substantial chain or if I was wearing either with a T-shirt I would probably put them on a silk cord.

Thanks Lisa. A silk cord is a good idea. I have a leather cord, but it was too heavy and dark, and didn't suit it well either. Heavier chains on the way

@moneymeister you are beautiful. Just looking into your eyes you can see what a gorgeous person you are inside and out. I love your new dragonfly and moth and think perhaps you just need a hardier thicker chain. Or it would make a delicious brooch too. A statement piece for sure and a lovely one at that. I love dragonflies.

Missy, thank you. That made me smile. You are always a beauty inside and out. I appreciate your opinion on the issue - I order two chains (below). I have a thicker silver chain or two, but the color on my chain is very shiny white and looks "off" next to the pendant, too. I think I need to match the antique color.

You are beautiful @moneymeister...Gorgeous skin...It looks really well made...I also think a heavier chain would showcase it better...

Shux Mamabean, thankyou. I did like the quality of the pieces. The undersides were equally finished. Agree and chains on the way :) Thanks for the help!
20191028_085110.jpg

I second Mamabean, your skin is so beautiful :kiss2:
I personally prefer a thicker & longer chain for such big statement pendants.

Thank you Lucida! That is very kind of you to say. I have ordered two chains, and one longer to help give options. I appreciate the feedback.

Thanks to everyone for the help - these two silver/oxidized chains are on order:

il_fullxfull.1615956554_n8sx.jpg

Attachments

• il_1588xN.1218066397_7ocp.jpg
    il_1588xN.1218066397_7ocp.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 84

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your dragonfly looks lovely. My only suggestion might be for a heavier chain, and perhaps one that lets it sit a tiny bit lower. Like just a smidge. But that could also be a camera angle issue.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
The darker chain helped alot! I have a longer chain too, but the dragonfly slips into the ...well, not a good fit for this shirt. Anyhow: 20191030_171819.jpg 20191030_171737.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it with the new chain. It just “fits” now. :kiss2: The longer dragonfly is my personal favorite. I just love it!

Also, I just wanted to add that I think your absolutely gorgeous. You’ve got that perfect English rose complexion. And those eyes! I can’t figure out exactly what color they are but damn girl. :love:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I love it with the new chain. It just “fits” now. :kiss2: The longer dragonfly is my personal favorite. I just love it!

Also, I just wanted to add that I think your absolutely gorgeous. You’ve got that perfect English rose complexion. And those eyes! I can’t figure out exactly what color they are but damn girl. :love:

Well SHUX elle, thank you. You called the ancestry! Mostly British Isles and close by, by DNA.

My eye color is grey/blue/gold...and they read as green sometimes. Hazel? I usually call them gray. Dad was a biologist and said I didn't have a dominant eye-color gene.

For your de-mystification, eyeshot attached....and feel free to name the color.
20191031_075303.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well SHUX elle, thank you. You called the ancestry! Mostly British Isles and close by, by DNA.

My eye color is grey/blue/gold...and they read as green sometimes. Hazel? I usually call them gray. Dad was a biologist and said I didn't have a dominant eye-color gene.

For your de-mystification, eyeshot attached....and feel free to name the color.
20191031_075303.jpg

They remind me of a stormy sky over the ocean. At first glance I thought blue...then grey...then I saw a hint of green.
I may not be able to fully nail the color but they truly are gorgeous! My dominant brown eyes are supremely jealous. :mrgreen:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
They remind me of a stormy sky over the ocean. At first glance I thought blue...then grey...then I saw a hint of green.
I may not be able to fully nail the color but they truly are gorgeous! My dominant brown eyes are supremely jealous. :mrgreen:

Thank you, elle.
I love brown eyes! My hubby has big brown eyes and they are so warm to look into.

BMI

Shiny_Rock
The darker chain helped alot!

I agree, I think both of your pendants look GREAT with the new oxidized chain! And I love the zoomed in picture of your eye .......such a beautiful mix of colors ....... lucky you!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love both of them but especially the dragonfly! They look so much better on the new chains.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results