shape
carat
color
clarity

When you are determined.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Decades ago I had an American Silver Liberty dollar coin. I loved it, it was huge. Sadly it was rehomed without my permission aka stolen by a friend who denied it. I know it’s known as “the walking” dollar but it sure as he$$ didn’t just walk out of my room by itself.
Recently I saw the same coin but as a “hologram” Silver dollar. Same coin but with a holographic overlay on both sides.
MUST HAVE.
Ok, did you know you can’t ship coins from the USA to Australia? I figure it’s to do with money laundering etc but surely ONE coin would be fine? Nope, So sad.
Ha ha, I find one for sale in Germany. I buy it. 3 months pass. Sound of crickets…… I Google Deutsche Post and apparently they are one of the worse mail services in the world. I was very surprised. Apparently my package would have been sent via ship. And the reviews of 1 star ratings and negative comments is long. Ugh. So I do other search and find another to buy from Europe. Yay. So I buy it and my tracking information is provided to me. OMG, it’s Deutsche Post AGAIN. Sad face.
I will not be thwarted, I am on a mission to acquire this coin. I find another in the the UK. I buy it and I wait.
In theory Eventually I might have three coins but I’m just hoping to end up with one.
Fingers crossed.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ship ?
An actual ship ?

(NZ post hasn't offered surface mail in many years)

Back in the day things took 3 months from England
As a teeny bopper it was agony waiting for our music mags to hit the shops

To try and give you a glimmer of hope
And its not the same
but a few years ago i orderred the latest Springsteen release from America
All was well with tracking but it seemed to have got lost 10km down the road at the local freight depo
I had it sent to work so i knew the local currier and he was keeping an eye out

turned out as it was a very small thin package it kept getting missed when they emptied those big cages they use on the trucks
My little package was safe, just overlooked for a whole week

i hope your coin arrives soon

Coins are one of the things that are prohibited to post here
a few years for the 100th anniversary we had these coloured 20c in circulation for Anzac day
im trying to work out how to send one to my friend in the UK who is really into especially world warvremembrance and the veterns (she always very kindly remembers Anzac day for us)

Anyway i think im going to slip it into some chocolate or something

Im.still waiting for my citrene and garnet beads i ordered from India a few months ago

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@bron is it here yet ?

Im not sure but i thinl my beads from India might be in the letterbox
I looked in there on the way in the gate tonight as i got home from work but i didn't have the key ...and we have bugs in our letterbox so it'll have to sit there till daylight

Hopefully this is a sigh yours is almost arrived

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bron357 I saw in AutumnGems' thread that your silver dollars all finally arrived. How long did they take? I'm one month into a Deustche Post delivery and want to know at what point I request a refund from the seller.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bron357 I saw in AutumnGems' thread that your silver dollars all finally arrived. How long did they take? I'm one month into a Deustche Post delivery and want to know at what point I request a refund from the seller.

4 months for 1 of them, 2 months the other 1.
Interestingly the more expensive shipping took longest.
And the tracking information was rubbish.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4 months for 1 of them, 2 months the other 1.
Interestingly the more expensive shipping took longest.
And the tracking information was rubbish.
Thank you! The tracking stopped as soon as it was updated with “The item was handed over to the International Logistics Center “… so it sounds like it’s bang on for them!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! The tracking stopped as soon as it was updated with “The item was handed over to the International Logistics Center “… so it sounds like it’s bang on for them!

It arrived yesterday! no update anywhere so good to know DeutschePost are consistent :lol-2:

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would sooooo do the same thing you did. Crazy, aren't we?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

I got a parcel today posted last week from the UK (too bad it arrived in 100s of pieces)
Yet something i brought off the net from Aussie at least 3 weeks ago isnt here yet

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've bought an inexpensive larimar pendant, last month, from Etsy. The seller was in India and the parcel arrived in exactly 8 days after I've bought it. International tracking worked for the whole journey and it was with Yodel since arriving in the UK.
I've had a similar experience buying a moonstone from India, arrived in a week and a bit, very pleased.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results