shape
carat
color
clarity

When to stop wearing uggs ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
I just ordered a pair and I want to know how much time I have to wear them till ?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
What do you mean by when? Weather wise? Personally I only wear them on brutally cold or snowy days. But I don''t wear them for fashion, just function!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I would definitely take them off before bed..unless it was really cold.
11.gif

Seriously, what do you mean by the question? I would wear them when I wanted toastie toes.

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
CAN I WEAR THEM IN THE SPRING ? OR IS THAT A FASHION NO

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 11:16:15 AM
Author: Steel
I would definitely take them off before bed..unless it was really cold.
11.gif
Hahahaha!! I just drew some major attention to myself . Sorry, that caught me off guard. Too funny.
3.gif

Blissful: I don't own a pair, but I don't like when people wear them with any kind of legging/skirt that comes above the knee. As long as you're still wearing pants, I think it's fine.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
UGG''s are meant for cold, snowy weather...I think that unless you get hit with another big, huge snow storm, pack them away for next year--here in Chicago, it is hitting over 60 degrees tomorrow--60 degrees is not UGG weather. IMO, there is nothing worse than wearing uggs when the weather is balmy...it looks like that person is trying to hard to be "fashionable". UGG''s are great if they are worn as they were intended to be worn...to provide extreme warmth in frigid weather when looking cute is hard....

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I guess it depends were you live. UGGs aren't that warm if it's really cold but I see gals wear them all year long if the weather allows. My daughter wears them with shorts in the summer if her feet are cold. I see UGGs worn with tiny skirts, too.

The soles on UGGs are quite thin and the tops let in a lot of air. I can't imagine these keeping anyone warm in the snow!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine keep me warm when it''s chilly (like this morning at my kids'' bus stop when it was around 33 degrees), but when I wear them in the snow or slush, they get wet and my feet FREEZE. It''s 38 right now and I''m about to run errands and am keeping them on.

As far as season wise, unless you''re under 18, I do not think any gal should wear them unless it''s cold enough to have a coat on! Seems like teenagers have more lee-way when it comes to fashion even though it looks riduculous to have them on in the summer or with shorts or tiny skirt.
2.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
I only wear mine if there is snow on the ground...and below -5C. I''m also in the camp of ''do not wear them with skirts, dresses, shorts, etc.''

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with most. UGG''s are great for keeping your feet warm. If you want a pair of shoes to go with your dress, skirt, shorts, buy some cute sandals
3.gif

I think girls look ridiculous in little skirts and UGGs. If you need to wear snow boots with a skirt, then maybe it''s too cold for the skirt?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 1:45:03 PM
Author: swingirl
I guess it depends were you live. UGGs aren''t that warm if it''s really cold but I see gals wear them all year long if the weather allows. My daughter wears them with shorts in the summer if her feet are cold. I see UGGs worn with tiny skirts, too.

The soles on UGGs are quite thin and the tops let in a lot of air. I can''t imagine these keeping anyone warm in the snow!

Ahhhh to be young again - Swingirl, I have to disagree - on my adult legs, that opening doesn''t let in much air at all, plus, I usually have my pants tucked in them. On young girls with tiny legs, though, I see your point.

To the OP - yes, please avoid pulling a Britney - if you''re wearing shorts, nix the Uggs. I can''t understand for the life of me why anyone in Hollywood wears them - that''s just weird. If a palm tree can survive in your climate...well, yanno.

I only wear mine when it''s snowing, and I''m particular about the KIND of snow - the slushy stuff is when I wear rainboots instead (I''m trying to keep my boots looking as nice as possible for as long as possible). I posted in the other Ugg thread, but I think Uggs are a gift from God when it comes to surviving winter, but when it''s no longer wintery weather, it''s on to less fuzzy/clunky footwear.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Um...one of the reasons I''m not a fan of pre-spring weather is that I can''t decide what to wear to stay warm without looking like an overly-bundled snow woman. I usually wear my Uggs through 40/50 degree weather if I''m still wearing a coat. By this time, I''ve been living in my Uggs (although I have been taking them off to sleep! lol) so I hate switching to less comfy shoes. But once it really does warm up and I switch to lighter jackets, I don''t find Uggs to be the best choice. But I really hate the Uggs/miniskirt look. SO many girls at my university found that to be the "in" thing - ugh.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
You can stop now, cold turkey is really the best way. I''m sure there is a 12 step program for this.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
in the santa cruz mountain area Uggs are a year round thing: surfers wear them when they get out of their wet suits. most of us don''t wear them for fashion but function. it its cold, i wear them. if its not, i don''t.

mz

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 6:35:37 AM
Author: MishB
You can stop now, cold turkey is really the best way. I''m sure there is a 12 step program for this.

Today is definitely not Ugg weather. It''s in the 60s...now I have to go dig non-Uggs out of my closet to wear
7.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
not here in sunny california where its still in the 40''s during the day....definitely Ugg weather outside.

mz

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 4:39:41 PM
Author: Elmorton
To the OP - yes, please avoid pulling a Britney - if you're wearing shorts, nix the Uggs. I can't understand for the life of me why anyone in Hollywood wears them - that's just weird. If a palm tree can survive in your climate...well, yanno.
"Cold" is a relative term. I walked out into 50 degrees and windy this morning (in "hollywood")
3.gif
) and ran back inside to tell hubby that "it must be only 30 degrees out there!!!" I grew up with literally freezing winters and ice storms galore, but this sunny SoCal morning was definitely an UGG morning for me.

I don't wear them for any kind of fashion purposes. I don't really think they're "cute." But I have them and wear them when they sound comfortable to me. I'll fully cop to that including when I'm wearing shorts and a tank (which I'm doing right now, but my feets are freezingks!).

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 3:37:40 PM
Author: musey
Date: 2/9/2009 4:39:41 PM

To the OP - yes, please avoid pulling a Britney - if you''re wearing shorts, nix the Uggs. I can''t understand for the life of me why anyone in Hollywood wears them - that''s just weird. If a palm tree can survive in your climate...well, yanno.

''Cold'' is a relative term. I walked out into 50 degrees and windy this morning (in ''hollywood'')
3.gif
) and ran back inside to tell hubby that ''it must be only 30 degrees out there!!!'' I grew up with literally freezing winters and ice storms galore, but this sunny SoCal morning was definitely an UGG morning for me.

I don''t wear them for any kind of fashion purposes. I don''t really think they''re ''cute.'' But I have them and wear them when they sound comfortable to me. I''ll fully cop to that including when I''m wearing shorts and a tank (which I''m doing right now, but my feets are freezingks!).

I hear ya! For some reason, my circulation in my feet stinks so they''re always cold!
7.gif
Uggs are a lifesaver for me.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 3:07:33 PM
Author: movie zombie
not here in sunny california where its still in the 40''s during the day....definitely Ugg weather outside.

mz

3.gif
A couple years ago, I came back from Christmas at home to Boston for school. It had been -30 at home when I left, and a few hours later in Boston, I got back to 20 degree weather, and I thought it was positively balmy!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 1:38:32 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
UGG''s are meant for cold, snowy weather...I think that unless you get hit with another big, huge snow storm, pack them away for next year--here in Chicago, it is hitting over 60 degrees tomorrow--60 degrees is not UGG weather. IMO, there is nothing worse than wearing uggs when the weather is balmy...it looks like that person is trying to hard to be ''fashionable''. UGG''s are great if they are worn as they were intended to be worn...to provide extreme warmth in frigid weather when looking cute is hard....

Your post reminded me of a woman who walked by me in Palm Beach [Worth Ave.] in mid December - the temp was in the low 70s. She had on a pair of black furry boots - the after ski boot kind - and was wearing a mini skirt. My mother and I cracked up laughing, especially since we both own similar winter boots! LOL!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 1:45:03 PM
Author: swingirl
I guess it depends were you live. UGGs aren't that warm if it's really cold but I see gals wear them all year long if the weather allows. My daughter wears them with shorts in the summer if her feet are cold. I see UGGs worn with tiny skirts, too.

The soles on UGGs are quite thin and the tops let in a lot of air. I can't imagine these keeping anyone warm in the snow!

Really? I only wear my Uggs when it's super cold. (I live in Chicago. It gets COLD here.) I've found them to be extremely warm, so much so that I've bought two pairs.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 6:35:37 AM
Author: MishB

AAAAHAAAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
It really depends on where you live and what you deem to be cold. I live in Florida and my feet are always cold. I don''t care too much about the fashion aspect of them I wear them because I like my feet warm. Do I wear them in the dead of summer? No.

I also own UGG flip flops. I get the comfort of the boot all year long! What could be better? :)

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
When it''s above like 45 or 50 degrees Fahrenheit my feet generally get too hot so I don''t wear them....but anytime before then I''m game!
31.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 8:15:38 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu

Date: 2/9/2009 1:38:32 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
UGG''s are meant for cold, snowy weather...I think that unless you get hit with another big, huge snow storm, pack them away for next year--here in Chicago, it is hitting over 60 degrees tomorrow--60 degrees is not UGG weather. IMO, there is nothing worse than wearing uggs when the weather is balmy...it looks like that person is trying to hard to be ''fashionable''. UGG''s are great if they are worn as they were intended to be worn...to provide extreme warmth in frigid weather when looking cute is hard....
Your post reminded me of a woman who walked by me in Palm Beach [Worth Ave.] in mid December - the temp was in the low 70s. She had on a pair of black furry boots - the after ski boot kind - and was wearing a mini skirt. My mother and I cracked up laughing, especially since we both own similar winter boots! LOL!
11.gif

What are you trying to say DiamanteBlu? If you reaaaaaally thought about it you would see that the joke is on YOU!!!

She would have been COLD if she were not wearing the ski boots
20.gif
. Like you could wear a mini in December without ski-boots?

MADNESS!

2.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 10:02:00 PM
Cali folks, I understand getting cold feet...but boots?? Really?!?

IMO, something like this makes a little more sense (btw, I'm REALLY wanting these):

http://www.uggaustralia.com/ProductDetails.aspx?gID=w&categoryID=274&productID=1682&model=Antoinette
"Feet" for me extends about to mid-calf (at least, that's what part of me is cold right now... hmm, maybe time for some uggs).

The shoes you posted would so NOT keep my feet warm!!! They are barely more than a cush around the bottom of the feet! There needs to be some buffer area between the cold part and the outside air. If your fingers are cold, they don't give you little mini-socks to slide over each one. They give you gloves. Likewise, if my feet are freezing, I cover past the ankles.

I'm not about to defend them as a fashion choice, but what's the harm in wearing them if they really do function fabulously for feet-warming? Am I the only one who doesn't care a whip what I'm wearing at home, as long as it's comfortable?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, and I can't speak for funny outfits elsewhere, but they caught on with a lot of actors and pop stars because during filming they have to be wearing who knows what, sometimes a bikini in 50 degree weather... during breaks they pull on a heavy robe and the warmest shoes they can find. Stuff you can shed quickly when it's time to work again. Uggs are doubly awesome because not only are they warm for your feet, they go up the leg and cover more skin!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
They seem to wear them in any season here in LA. In the winter it''s with skinny jeans and in the summer it''s with miniskirts. Personally, I wouldn''t wear them when the weather warm enough to go without a coat.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 7:05:40 PM
Author: musey
Oh, and I can't speak for funny outfits elsewhere, but they caught on with a lot of actors and pop stars because during filming they have to be wearing who knows what, sometimes a bikini in 50 degree weather... during breaks they pull on a heavy robe and the warmest shoes they can find. Stuff you can shed quickly when it's time to work again. Uggs are doubly awesome because not only are they warm for your feet, they go up the leg and cover more skin!

Now THAT makes sense to me. Musey - I agree, nobody should give a rat's patooty what you wear on your feet, and you are SO right about the warmth around the calf/ankle - if Ugg made legwarmers, I'd buy them in a heartbeat - there are so many times I want to cozy up in PJ pants and my Uggs, but I'd end up tracking salt all through the house (FWIW, my cure for cold feet in the house are Brookstone - Nap Socks , btw - and on occasion I've actually worn these WITH my Uggs, which is warmness heaven).

Anyway, that said, when I'm out here in America's heartland, braving the -30 temps just to get my Us Weekly out of the mailbox (and yes, I'm fully aware how awful it is that I read that), I gotta say it's just plain confusing to see the starlets wearing eskimo boots and mini skirts while shopping or having lunch outside in (what looks like) a heat wave. But, now that I am enlightened as to the set-Uggs connection and the body's adjusting to fabulous weather phenomenon, I will try to have a little more patience/compassion for them.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results