shape
carat
color
clarity

When to get an Appraisal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ordieth

Rough_Rock
So.... I have decided to get my ring made, and have started the process for buying my first big diamond!
30.gif

Now I have to ask, should I have the center Stone sent to me to be appraised before it is set into the ring? or should I wait till the ring is complete, and have the whole thing appraised all together?

I have no problems either way, just looking for some experienced opinions, as I am lacking a little in the experience department.
21.gif

Thank you all so much, and I can''t wait to show off my new ring once it is done!
30.gif

avlis

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

I asked the same thing not too long ago. You can read what was said here.

C Smith

Shiny_Rock
If you purchase the stone in one place and the mounting and setting are provided elsewhere, I''d definitely want to have the stone plotted and appraised before the bench man gets it. If your diamond is damaged during setting or even switched(heaven forbid!), that plot and grading report are your only leg to stand on...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did both. I got the diamond appriased loose within the return period and then I got the whole ring appriased (updated appraisal-less expensive), to make sure the diamond was the same, undamaged, and to check the integrity of the setting.

C Smith

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/24/2006 3:36:07 PM
Author: kcoursolle
I did both. I got the diamond appriased loose within the return period and then I got the whole ring appriased (updated appraisal-less expensive), to make sure the diamond was the same, undamaged, and to check the integrity of the setting.
Yep. That's the way that makes me happy.
1.gif

diamondhunter10

Shiny_Rock
I would do both, have them send the stone get an appraisal and then get an appraisal on the entire ring. Also I woul look at the review, tools and resource sections.
hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results