shape
carat
color
clarity

When the hear the word "kegel".....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
When you hear the word "kegel", do you automatically do one?
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think mine is broken.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Apparently yes, but I never realized it!

23.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2009 12:24:42 PM
Author: Mara
i think mine is broken.
Mine is definitely broken. I had swine flu recently and couldn''t have a coughing fit without weeing. I know, too much information but the mothers here will know exactly what I mean!
9.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha Maisie. My daughter is going through the same thing post-partum right now. I watched baby Veda the other night while DD and her DH walked down the street to pick up some dinner. As soon as she got back she asked how Baby Veda was and I told her I needed to change her diaper because she had just pooped. My daughter said she had to change too, because she sneezed on the way home. Ahhhh, the good ''ole days.
41.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The rule is to do them in your car whenever you stop at red lights! lol I had two c/s so it''s never been a problem. ..
2.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Hahah Shiny, I didn''t realize until today that I automatically do one when I hear the word. I just thought it was funny.

Mara..is your perineum misbehaving?

MC, yeah, I remember that rule...when I was preggo...30 years ago. But with all these pregnant people around me, I keep kegeling now. Odd.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Yep, bizarre little habit of mine
40.gif

Sha

Ideal_Rock
When I hear ''kegel'', I don''t automatically do one, but I automatically feel guilty, because I''m always intending to do them and never do.
14.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I don''t automatically do them when I hear kegel. I don''t do them nearly as often as I should.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2009 5:27:28 PM
Author: snlee
I don''t automatically do them when I hear kegel. I don''t do them nearly as often as I should.
Ditto and this thread is a good reminder to do them!!!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2009 4:06:35 PM
Author: miraclesrule

Mara..is your perineum misbehaving?

LOL! I can''t imagine that Mara has ever envisioned someone asking her that question. It''s even funnier if you picture the question in a really concerned tone.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I do when I was preggo.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Yes!

I do them an enormous number of times a day! Nothing like having zero control for weeks to make them your new best friend - TMI probably, but was the biggest suprise (shock) to me of the whole pregnancy/child birth palaver!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I do a couple for good measure!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't and am lucky I never (and still don't have) any issues. Thankfully. So just b/c you give birth does not automatically mean you are going to have bladder control issues.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol up until a few months ago i didnt even know what a perineum WAS.
41.gif

i always feel like i am not doing them right...esp when reading that other areas shouldn''t be tightening too. i just tried a few and the kid gave me 4 really hard kicks. what does THAT mean??
5.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha Mara...you will know the connection after you give birth. Oh yes you will.
32.gif

It''s useful for soooooo many reasons. :::::insert innocent whistling here::::::

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2009 9:03:34 PM
Author: miraclesrule
Hahaha Mara...you will know the connection after you give birth. Oh yes you will.
32.gif

It''s useful for soooooo many reasons. :::::insert innocent whistling here::::::
Oh gosh, now Mara will be freaking out!!! She''s such a planner down to the last second. Ok Mara, add this to your list.
5.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Hahahahahaha!

Miracles! I have upped the kegel word usage on PS in the past few weeks, guilty as charged!

Kegel Kegel Kegel!

I think I do them unconsciously as well...when I see the word, that is!

I should change my screen name to Kegel Time so that every time someone sees my post, they will do this beneficial exercise!

LOL

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2009 9:08:37 PM
Author: Bliss
Hahahahahaha!

Miracles! I have upped the kegel word usage on PS in the past few weeks, guilty as charged!

Kegel Kegel Kegel!

I think I do them unconsciously as well...when I see the word, that is!

I should change my screen name to Kegel Time so that every time someone sees my post, they will do this beneficial exercise!

LOL
I love your screen name and all that you have added to PS including your Kegel time posts in the preggo thread!!! You are a riot!!!
A breath of fresh air on PS. You are doing a great job of reminding everyone. But please keep your name...

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
GAH!!! I have missed you Bliss!! I need to start hunting down your threads! And I would personally hunt you down if you ever changed your PS name. We love it.

p.s. I am sure I am giving Yekutiel a headache, but then I remember your indecision and I feel so much better.
9.gif

Kegel On!!!!!!

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, no. In fact whenever I hear "kegel" I am annoyingly reminded that as a woman, I''m expected to be constantly multi-tasking -- cooking dinner, drafting a thesis paper in my head, telling the husband where his laundry is, all the while strengthening my vaginal muscles with a big grin on my face! I boycott kegels on principle!
31.gif
31.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
ahahaha Lindsay!! That''s awesome. Boycott Kegel!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Um, I thought this was a thread about KUGEL! Delicious noodles, apples, and raisins....mmmmmmm.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Kayleigh, your kind words made me tear up! I so wasn''t expecting them and they went straight to my heart. Thank you so much. That is incredibly nice!!!! That and I am so emotional that everything beautiful touches me so deeply! Thank you so much!!! Kegel Kegel Kegel!
36.gif
28.gif

Miracles!!! I keep checking the Show Me thread to see your diamond beauties...what''s the latest on them? Thanks for the kind words, too. I heart you all! Thanks for the Kegel Elevator tip - that was really challenging! I was getting all tired after floor 7. Forget about releasing on the ride down! Geez! I also laughed out loud at Kegel On! Like Party On, Wayne! Party On, Garth! Except... it''ll be... Kegel On, Miracles! Kegel On, Bliss! Kegel On, Kayleigh! LOL

*Lindsey* Ha! We''ll bring you around to the the Kegel Party Train, yet!
31.gif

Swimmer....Kugels sound so much better than Kegels!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Yes!

Pandora--oh i hear ya, my bladder would spontaneously give out for days after birth (gradually got better thank gawd!). NO ONE TOLD ME THIS COULD HAPPEN! I did kegels religiously thru pregnancy, could tow a truck with those girls. But it was as if birth erased all that work, instantly. So it''s taken awhile to get them back, but they are strong again now.

oh and a friend of mine who had a c-section claims she has troubles with pee-sneezes too (didn''t before pregnancy) so apparently just the strain on the pelvic floor muscles from carrying a baby for 9 mos can do it too!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I don''t do kegels for bladder control issues, I do them for other control issues... It can make amorous activity a whole lot of fun if you can control all those muscles effectively.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2009 2:27:33 PM
Author: somethingshiny
I don''t do kegels for bladder control issues, I do them for other control issues... It can make amorous activity a whole lot of fun if you can control all those muscles effectively.
hahaha Yep, doing kegels while "in motion."
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results