shape
carat
color
clarity

When is it ok to compromise? Attracted to less than perfect stone...

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is it the upper right hand corner, near the edge of the setting at 1 o'clock? Just wondering how close I am.

That's a gorgeous ring!

Yes, great eyes! Interestingly, the feather inclusion appear to run in a manner that blends in with the two facets it crosses. So, I never really see it. The luscious color of the stone is what I think helps it the most though.

All I see is one gorgeous ring. It’s stunning @stonewell !!!

Thank you! I feel so lucky to be the beneficiary of @msop04 beautiful find and fantastic design efforts with DK! I’ve worn it every day since it arrived. :kiss2:

AV_

Ideal_Rock

FY VS $1500 - an interesting 5mm rectangular cut; the size is typical for .9cts

A few more FLY came up, but this is simply better for colour and cut (to me).

Fun search...

Then,

A rectangular old school cushion D SI2 $1830 the main clarity issue is a small feather standing edge-up against the middle of the table, it is visible here, but a minute speck in real terms; on a much larger diamond I would probably be less tolerant of exactly the same clarity plot. This is so nice!

2c

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Corection: the link for the D / SI is this: WWW

The video seems quite drab. Even so, at cca half zoom the stone looks like a hopscotch with its relatively broad reflecting facets. I am quite biased, sure enough...

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! I think maybe since I don’t really know a lot about the science of cut I’m a little more flexible. I know I love most colors so that’s not an issue for me but it’s easy to get lost in what’s “right”.

When I was buying my OEC, Grace first sent me an absolutely beautiful OEC. Aside from admiring and appreciating it, it did not move me. I sent it back and she sent me my Joy. Of course, Joy’s name tells you what I felt when I saw her. She is moody, one of a kind and I love her. So I feel it is good to go with the heart as well as the mind with it’s technical knowledge.

A7953E8F-5D24-4780-BD78-C41F315C6AB6.jpeg

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I chose an emerald cut diamond in a rather low by PS standards budget. The contrast pattern moved me. It was so bold and orderly. Its symmetry calming. The ASET came back near perfect yet the diamond was panned due to its lower crown. I was told that it would lack the 3D effect and may lack fire. A gemologist inspected it since I only have one eye and lack depth perception so 3D effects are not seen. If this is why the diamond is in budget it as a win for I am unable to notice it. Though in defense of the diamond it did pass the gemologist's inspection.

hollandaisey

Rough_Rock
When I was buying my OEC, Grace first sent me an absolutely beautiful OEC. Aside from admiring and appreciating it, it did not move me. I sent it back and she sent me my Joy. Of course, Joy’s name tells you what I felt when I saw her. She is moody, one of a kind and I love her. So I feel it is good to go with the heart as well as the mind with it’s technical knowledge.

A7953E8F-5D24-4780-BD78-C41F315C6AB6.jpeg
This is gorgeous and such a good reminder to follow your guts!

hollandaisey

Rough_Rock
I chose an emerald cut diamond in a rather low by PS standards budget. The contrast pattern moved me. It was so bold and orderly. Its symmetry calming. The ASET came back near perfect yet the diamond was panned due to its lower crown. I was told that it would lack the 3D effect and may lack fire. A gemologist inspected it since I only have one eye and lack depth perception so 3D effects are not seen. If this is why the diamond is in budget it as a win for I am unable to notice it. Though in defense of the diamond it did pass the gemologist's inspection.

I hope you absolutely love it! Please post pictures and thanks for the reminder that the person wearing the piece is the most important audience!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Your diamond even with the slightly low crown is one of the best cut EC diamonds that was available.
It can hold its own in any company in my opinion and its no surprise that the gemologist passed it.
Anyone badmouths your diamond from this day forward send em to me :}

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could get kicked out of Pricescope for saying this but I’m so glad I’ve never gotten caught up in needing perfection in a diamond. If a diamond is beautiful to my eye and I love how it looks on my hand, I’m thrilled. Perfection can be the thief of joy.

I don’t think you can go wrong when you make a purchase that makes your heart sing.

This... so much this!! As much as I would love a "perfect" diamond, the cost of getting perfection in the size stone I want to wear far exceeds my bank account... and always will. I agree with everyone that anything goes as long as YOU love it! ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results