shape
carat
color
clarity

When fish-tank gravel can scratch an itch! (haha)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, I got it in my head that I wanted a large emerald that I can wear everyday with abandon. I know this is an oxymoron given the softness of emeralds. I have a YG emerald/diamond band and an lovely WG emerald ring with a diamond halo, but I'm careful, especially with the second ring (the band is channel set princesses, so it's pretty safe).

Anyhoo - late at night I came across this ring in silver - BINGO! While I LOVE well made, high quality jewelry (got 2 compliments from strangers on my BGD 3-stone this weekend), this is perfect for what I was thinking. It's basically totally included and not worth much, but it's a nice shade of green - and why not?!?!

img_6545__1_.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

img_6548__1_.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Clearly I've left people speechless!!!!!!!!!

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
I think they are stumped by the subject line, which I found hilarious.

Looks like a fun "fashion" ring to scratch that itch, motownmama!

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
p.s. I hope it is real silver and doesn't turn your finger the color of fish tank algae.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank-you Lawmallama for "getting" my sense of humor!!!! You are correct that it is actually not from the aquarium department at the pet store!

Here's one more shot with some perspective, if you will.

img_13142.jpg

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! :appl:

Btw, I think the subject line is a hoot! Too funny! :lol:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THX - knew I could count on you, Ruby!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love it, it's a really lovely shade of green! I've always felt emeralds don't have to be "perfect" or super high quality to be pretty. And your ring is much nicer than fish tank gravel motownmama lol!

I've been wanting to treat myself to something new lately but am just not up for spending a lot of money right now, so I've been thinking of browsing the usual suspects (etsy, ebay, etc) for an affordable silver gemstone ring.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool - although to be honest, I was hoping we would get these really arsty over styled pics with a ring sitting on or near some fish tank gravel :lol:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have some blue turquoise colored stones in my tank that would probably make a really cut ring!

It does look like a very nice color of green!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah ok fish tank gravel :hand: :roll:

Thats a nice sized ring. Its an emerald (and a big one) and its not yucky puke color either! :tongue: Even with the inclusions, Size and color are both very nice! As Kenny says, people vary and thats fun ring to wear without having to be overly cautious! :appl: :appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THX Junebug - hope you find something fun!

Thx Arkieb1 - stay tuned.....

Thx TYTY - the color is not bad at all!

Thx Arcadian - exactly my thoughts!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

img_13155.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

img_13156.jpg

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
Ooooh aaahhh, now those are some fantastic glamour shots. Could you tell me the name of your model posing with the ring? :lol:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats one lucky beta to have such pretty gravel!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lawmallama - the dear Beta is SOOOOO Old, that at this point there's some debate which kid he even belonged too. Just mom looking after him now. I'm talking YEARS upon YEARS he's lived! His name's been lost over the years - probably "fishy," as my kids were young!Every now and then I see him very still on the bottom and my heart skips a beat - I'll be VERY sad when his day comes.
I guess life expectancy is 3-5 years - he's blown that away - I've got TWO in college - the Beta fish phase was long ago. I seriously think he's maybe 8?!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty - I thought about putting a bunch of my rings in there for a glamour shot, but I just didn't have the energy to thoroughly clean them afterwards!!!!!!

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
motownmama|1477592528|4091241 said:
Lawmallama - the dear Beta is SOOOOO Old, that at this point there's some debate which kid he even belonged too. Just mom looking after him now. I'm talking YEARS upon YEARS he's lived! His name's been lost over the years - probably "fishy," as my kids were young!Every now and then I see him very still on the bottom and my heart skips a beat - I'll be VERY sad when his day comes.
I guess life expectancy is 3-5 years - he's blown that away - I've got TWO in college - the Beta fish phase was long ago. I seriously think he's maybe 8?!

That's pretty amazing. I thought those things only live 6 months or so. I'm making a note to never get one for my kids! I tell mine that we are too busy (aka I'm too lazy) to take care of one. :liar:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
motownmama|1477592528|4091241 said:

That's amazing, how do you look after him? We've never had one last longer than around 6 months either.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous that you found an emerald you're comfortable with for daily wear. Looks great in the fish bowl, too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results