shape
carat
color
clarity

When did you know FI/spouse/SO was "The One"?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking about this today. How did you know?

FI used to be a ''ladies man'' in his heyday (he had been in a few other short relationships before, though). When he told me I was the woman who changed him into a relationship-minded man, I knew he was the man I''d marry. I solidified my thoughts about marrying him when he told me he never loved anyone like me before, and that if he would wake up next to be every morning, then his life would be everything he ever dreamed of.

Please share!
9.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I have been having trouble with jobs for awhile. Money is a touchy thing for me and I like to be independant. I want to pay half the bills (even tho i don''t have to) and I prefer to pay for alot of stuff on my own.
Awhile ago (like a few years) when we first started dating and I had just moved in with him I had trouble with my job and money and I was so stressed I was in hysterical sobs. He comes to comfort me and asks me whats wrong. I told him I was having problems with money and I was worried. He said and I will never forget "They aren''t YOUR problems they are OUR problems" and then he kissed my forehead and said things were gonna be ok. From then on I knew. We were in this together through thick and through thin and thats when I knew.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I knew he was the one when I realized that I wanted to spend all of my free time with him, and that I didn''t find him annoying at all.

Romantic, I know, but most people annoy me in large doses, so that said a lot.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t remember...
2.gif
As one of the old fogeys here, all I know is I feel just as comfortable and happy with this man today as I did 26 years ago. Sounds cheesy, corny, but we''re still best friends and still make each other laugh, and I think we''re soulmates. Can''t imagine life any other way!

Thomperchik

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 1:12:22 AM
Author: Haven
I knew he was the one when I realized that I wanted to spend all of my free time with him, and that I didn''t find him annoying at all.

Haven - LOL!
emwink.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I knew he was the one the first time we kissed!! It just felt like we had been together all our lives... I know it''s cheesy, but everything in my life just "clicked" and made sense the second we got together.

I love my hunny!!
30.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 1:12:22 AM
Author: Haven

Haven, I am SO ditto-ing this. Cause it''s true - DH is the first guy to not get on my nerves all the dang time like most men, or most people in general. After two weeks, during which we spent all our free time together and did silly things like finish each others sentences, I knew he was for me, so I told him we should get married. When he said ok I knew he was a keeper
9.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
About 2 weeks into the relationship.

My DH had been in a fairly LTR right before meeting me. He had ended it. This was one of the prime reasons why intially he was like "I''m not really looking for anything serious"...anyway... One day she called my DH, he didn''t answer but she left a lengthy voicemail--she had lost her job, and was freaking out, crying, talking about her life being awful. My DH asked me what he should do with this message.

I''m, of course, a woman first. I''ve been there. Sometimes you just need support. So I thought what I''d want from this situation...I''d want him to call me back and talk to me. So, I told him to call her. He did. He was on the phone with her for over an hour....I could hear him which was wonderful for me. He was supportive, motivating, positive, but not romantic in the slightest. He told her that I had suggested he call...and that he was really with me know. It melted my heart. There are so many guys out there (believe me, I know) that dump an ex and go silent...ignore them, and pretend like they never exsisted. And my DH wasn''t like that...first, he was concerned for me...but he also did the right thing for her.

I loved him in that moment for his goodness. He''s a good man.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I had lots of little hints he was the one BUT the one that confirmed it for me was when I had my spinal fusion surgery. I was in a back and leg brace for 6 mo. The stay in the hospital was 2 wks, the recovery was a year long...and he was there through EVERY MINUTE of it. He would feed me, help me practice my walking ( had to basically learn all over again), brush my hair, ect. I gave him the opportunity to leave our relationship because it was going to be a hard year but he said NO...he''s not going anywhere. If he could go through that with me without complaining, I knew his love was unconditional. We just celebrated 17 yrs together last week and later on this month will celebrate 13 yrs married

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
We''d been dating about 8 weeks. It had started out casual, neither of us was looking for anything serious and we both had a lot going on in our lives at the time. He came to my parent''s place for a few days after Christmas. We just had the most amazing time, and he was so helpful and good to the visitors we had. I just got the tingles everytime I thought about him, and it was as if the whole world had just expanded and there was a load of new, fantastic stuff and opportunities out there. Phew that''s mushy! I''d been in relationships and in love before but it was nothing like this. A few weeks later we said the L word, and a few weeks after that he asked me to move in with him. That same night, he said "we''re going to get married aren''t we", and I said "yup". We were officially engaged about 3 months after that. That was a year ago and we''re getting married just after Christmas!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Italia, your DH sounds like a really high quality guy.

I have no idea when I figured out BF was it. Things went from friends - dating - pretty serious - really serious - this is IT pretty naturally, and it's hard to pinpoint when some of the changes happened. I guess I knew we could really make it work when we came back from living in Spain for 4 months, and he was so desperate to go home and see friends and family, but when I asked him if he'd do it again (since I plan on moving all around the world and not staying put for too long), he said yes.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
When we first met, he flew from germany to meet me here in the USA... the first time i looked into his eyes, i saw an unforbidden
world that sucked me right in. When he kissed me, i felt it all the way through my body and into my toes! When he first left after being
together for a week, i cried a river of tears... I felt that I died when he left. i knew i''d spend the rest of my life with him. He''s a wonderful
and sensitive man....

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
After our first date! My mother asked if I was going to see him again, and I told her that if I had any say in the matter, I''d be seeing him for a long, long time.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It wasn''t one particular thing. I had a pretty good idea that my husband would be sticking around when we started assuming we''d spend every weekend together instead of always asking if the other one wanted to get together.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
When we were still in the dating phase (I was being all wishy washy and noncommital), and someone else asked him out. I would cheerfully have clawed her eyes out. This was my clue that maybe I wanted to keep him.
9.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Before we had our first date, DH crashed at my house when he knew my best friend and I were celebrating my 17th birthday with some wine. (that would be another story). About 3 am, my mom woke up and heard a man''s voice, she came into the living room and kicked him right in the chest. He left pleasantly enough and without a curse word.

The next non-date we had was at a haunted house. I made him hold my hand because I was "scared" and although he knew I was lying, he held my hand anyway.

The 3rd non-date was when a mutual friend asked me to go with him to the mall. (the other guy did not ask me for a date, just to the mall) While I was waiting for the other guy, DH called and asked what I was doing. When I told him where and with whom I was going he was speechless. I told him it wasn''t a date and he would be welcome to meet us somewhere. DH made it to my house before the other guy and came in and introduced himself to my parents. (yeah, the other guy wasn''t really happy about that. He thought it WAS a date.)

We''ve been together since that night. On our first real date he gave me a single rose and took me to a lovely little restaurant. He was so kind and funny and totally cute. I knew there was lots of potential and wasn''t looking for a husband, obviously! I was 17. But, 3 weeks into our dating (no sex), all the little things added up and I knew I was going to marry him.

He asked me to marry him right before I turned 18. He went through some crazy stuff with my family and he stayed the whole time without flinching. That just solidified my feelings. Our 10 yr anniversary is next month. I still love him...
1.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
When he smiled that smile...the one where their eyes glistening and you can just feel every hair stand on end...
30.gif
30.gif

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
I think we knew we were "it" for each other very early on (weird considering I was 16 and he was 17), but I think what confirmed it was a month into our relationship, I was in a really bad car accident. He came to the hospital, tears in my eyes, and held my hand. My recovery was tough, but he came to my parents house every day to be with me, took me to all of my surgeries/ doctor''s appointments and came in with me to hold my hand. I think it catapulted our relationship from "HS relationship" to "serious", it almost forced to look at "real life" you know? He''s been there every step of the way now 9 years later, and he''s my heart.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I don''t really know if there was one moment for us ... it just seemed natural and before I knew it, I couldn''t imagine being with anyone else. We also realized that we could spend every minute together without getting annoyed, which is a big deal for both of us!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
The first time we had a real conversation (about the 2nd or 3rd time we met).

But it took him about 18 months longer.

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 8:59:31 PM
Author:princessplease
I was thinking about this today. How did you know?

FI used to be a ''ladies man'' in his heyday (he had been in a few other short relationships before, though). When he told me I was the woman who changed him into a relationship-minded man, I knew he was the man I''d marry. I solidified my thoughts about marrying him when he told me he never loved anyone like me before, and that if he would wake up next to be every morning, then his life would be everything he ever dreamed of.

Please share!
9.gif
Same kind of thing for me. It''s a special feeling to realise that your''re the first and only one to have made him feel that way.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
When I realized that I was falling more in love and becoming happier over time. I always assumed that people became less satisfied with relationships over time. Boy was I pleasantly surprised! I remember meeting guys before SO and having crushes and ''getting butterflies'' when everything was new and exciting... and after the first month, they would go away. Well, when I started dating SO, there were not butterflies. They came later, and I STILL get them, after nearly six years!
30.gif
And he does, too!
19.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was a gradual process for me, and it''s still ongoing
9.gif

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I knew he was the one when he fixed my car door and radio that didnt work on my car
36.gif
romantic huh?? lol

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
We were best friends for 2 years. We "gradually" fell in love with each other. We just knew all along, we belonged together.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
when i thought she was loaded.
egads.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 5:38:29 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
when i thought she was loaded.
egads.gif

I should have known. ha ha ha.
11.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
My hubby's boss told me my hubby was a fabulous guy. His boss and I were friends so I thought I better meet this guy. I agree, my hubby is the best. The moment I saw him I knew he was the one; we dated 3 yrs before getting married.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I knew he was the type that could be THE ONE before we started dating. I knew for sure about a month after our first date. We just worked. I can''t explain it.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
i knew when we met that he was special, and how he treated me in those first few weeks re-enforced that greatly. although once we were able to visit we felt completely comfortable, it didn''t really sink in until i had a fainting episode and he laid down on the floor next to me after getting me pretzels and making me gatorade (i have random blood pressure fluctuations that are thankfully rare). best nurse i''ve ever had
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results