shape
carat
color
clarity

When dealing for a stone, should I tell who''s selling...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DLFB

Rough_Rock
Question:

When dealing for a stone, should you tell who''s selling stone A(from seller A) to seller B?

I''m in a situation on where I cannot choose between two sellers (the stones are very similar). Of course, I''ll buy the stone from the seller who offers me the best stone and price, but how should I go about it?

Thanks guys.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Huh? Not sure what you are asking really...if both are reputable vendors and both stones are the same/similar, I would go with whatever vendor has the setting you want to make that process smooth.

DLFB

Rough_Rock
I knew wasn''t worded clearly, but just as an example:

I have to choose a stone between Seller A''s stone VS. Seller B''s stone. Somehow, I''d like for Seller B to beat Seller A''s price since they''re offering the same stone by reducing the price.

Now, the question: should I tell Seller B on who''s selling the other stone?

I''m thinking why not...it''s the same situation in every car dealership when you tell "This dealership is giving me $XXXX per month, can you beat that?".

I wish that clears up everything

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhhhhh I get it now. If it's a price match you want, usually you have to tell them WHO is offering the lower price. Just tell them that you really want to do business with them, and that you'll wrap up the sale right then, but that money is a concern and vendor A has the same stone for $X less. Can they match it?

That being said, if vendor B has the stone in their possession already they are less likely to deal since you can't easily get the stone from vendor A until vendor B sends it back. So play wisely. If the different vendors are two who provide the same level of service (photos, emails, etc.) then it's more fair to ask them to match the price than if you are dealing with say Bluenile which provides nothing and Good Old Gold which provides in depth analysis KWIM? In that case it is more than fair for GOG to charge a bit more, since they are providing a lot more services.

DLFB

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the answer.

Actually, I had the same thoughts, but hey, its my first time (and will be the last) buying an E-ring so I don''t really know the "ethics" involved in buying a stone (in case there was one).

As we all know, dealing at the car dealership is like dealing at a local swapmeet/flea market: straight forward, can be disgusting at times, brutal and I don''t know if it goes the same with buying precious stones from sellers especially when they''re online-based.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results