shape
carat
color
clarity

When are IS, ASET, and/or reflector technologies needed or not needed for internet purchasing…(?)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/10/2008 1:31:48 AM
Author: strmrdr

If I had the money to get it off the ground I would have some of my designs cut and sell them based on size and performance rather than weight.
IE. all 7MM monster asschers will sell for the same price if they are the same clarity/color.
It would be an interesting experiment and free the cutter to cut the best possible finished stones from the rough within tight tolerances for performance and looks rather than tight weight requirements.
It is a good plan and one that you understand Sergey is working to facilitate for all those diamond manufacturers and branded houses who wish to add real value to rough diamonds through creativity and design rather than cookie cutter craftsmanship based competition.
Of course this will be for a niche market, and the range of chain store "ideal cuts" and the best of the bests who sell top quality H&A''s and princess cuts etc here will still have their place.

But the future lies with your thinking Storm. I hope you will be able to do it within a year or two.

(You r forgiven for your travesty on the earlier post)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results