shape
carat
color
clarity

What's your wedding planning priorities?

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Everyone has different wedding day priorities. I think these are usually reflected in the amount of time and/or money spent on these things. Weddings are bloody hard work so I'm not talking about marrying the love of your life or having all you friends and family there, I'm taking about all those great unnecessary and beautiful little things that have become an important part of the wedding process, wether that's amazing shoes or beautifully artistic photography.

So what's the most and least important parts of the day for you? Is this reflected in the amount of time and money you're spending on these things?

For me, the most important things are a complete and overcall cohesive and PRETTY "look" of the day and fantastic food. I am aesthetically driven and a control freak so everything has to be pretty and co-ordinated - it's not one particular element like the flowers or the stationary that I'm particularly concerned about, but I am going to spend the most time and energy making sure everything looks beautiful together. With the food, feeding lots of people at a wedding is expensive. There is NO WAY I'm going to pay lots of money for crap/average food just because it's a wedding. We both love food and I think bad food really kills a festive wedding atmosphere.

The least important thing to me, to be honest, is the dress. I do want to look pretty, that's important to me, but finding the one "perfect" wedding dress, to me, is just not important. I've never dreamed of my wedding dress and didn't really have a firm idea of what I wanted. I'm only going to wear it once, it feels silly to me to pay a lot of it *shrugs* at least shoes and FI suit will get worn again. I spent $520 on the dress and I'm hoping to pull my whole look together for under 1k.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
4ever|1310961272|2971138 said:
The least important thing to me, to be honest, is the dress. I do want to look pretty, that's important to me, but finding the one "perfect" wedding dress, to me, is just not important. I've never dreamed of my wedding dress and didn't really have a firm idea of what I wanted. I'm only going to wear it once, it feels silly to me to pay a lot of it *shrugs* at least shoes and FI suit will get worn again. I spent $520 on the dress and I'm hoping to pull my whole look together for under 1k.

Same with me. My priority is making it relaxing and fun. So a steel drum band, pre-ceremony bloody mary and mimosa bar, etc. are important to me. We are also spending a pretty good chunck on the welcome/rehearsal dinner, to which all guests are invited (since everyone is traveling from the west coast to Florida). Our goal is to get everyone in vacation mode and start off the week (since we are doing a cruise) with a bang.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
The big priority for me is that it's FUN! I've been to my fair share of weddings. I rarely remember the color of the tablecloths or what the favors were.

I remember good food, good drink, and good music. That being said, it was hugely important for me to have a live band. Nothing gets me out on the dance floor like live music. I also wanted at a minimum beer, wine, and champagne. We may end up throwing a signature cocktail in the mix, but we may not.

I want to be a little creative and not spend tons of money to have the same cookie cutter wedding as everyone else. Luckily, most of my ideas are budget friendly!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Here were our top three most important things:

Me:
1) Best photographer we can find in KC within our budget.
2) Serve Jack Stack BBQ for the dinner.
3) Carry Calla Lilies.

DH:
1) Get married in a church by an ordained minister.
2) Serve Jack Stack BBQ for the dinner.
3) Make vc10um happy. :bigsmile:

So, as you can see, photos, food, location, and flowers were my most important things. But only the type of flowers was important to me...calla lilies are traditional in my family for the bridal bouquet. I ended up going cheap and getting them through Bridesign.com and it was the best decision ever. We spent about 60% of our total budget on photographer and food/beer/wine. Beyond that, I just wanted everything to be cohesive and for everyone to have a good time. I think we accomplished that!

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
1. I am big on having a stunning reception, so lovely & matchy flowers, linens and accents are a priority. :) I feel this compulsion to have everything colour-coordinated, and since my venue's linens are fugly ( :lol: ), I'm spending a lot of time debating between renting nice chairs or just covers and things...

2. An open bar and top-quality food is also a high priority, but I actually don't have to do a lot of planning since our venue's food & drink is far and above our expectations. Whew!

3. A photo booth in combination with an awesome photographer to catalogue the evening and make things fun!

As most of you read, I lucked out in that my step dad is very helpful in planning these things... :halo: otherwise, left to my own devices, I am arguably the most indecisive girl in NY. :lol:

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
vc10um|1311010047|2971517 said:
But only the type of flowers was important to me...calla lilies are traditional in my family for the bridal bouquet.

I love the idea of a family tradition for the bridal bouquet! It seems really special. :))

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Location. The most important thing is that it be convenient for everyone who wants to come, with a great view from the site. I see so many venues that look like gussied up warehouses... no thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results