shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s your personal favorite site to buy colored gems from

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''m considering buying some colored stones (interested in aqua tourmalines, amethyst, aquamarine, pink sapphire). They will be used for rings and most likey want cushion or emerald cut. I know that there are several places that sell them, but I want to know what your favorite place to buy from is & your experiences.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I have only bought a couple stones online, and have been happy with my experiences. For traditional cut stones, I have used Berry at ACS more than once and have had a positive experience every time.

I have used Richard Homer for a concave cut Spess, and am very happy with the quality of stone I received. Richard is very nice, and he is truly passionate about colored stones and concave cutting. But he is a very busy guy and hard to reach. It made sense to go with him directly for this project as he was offering a pretty good discount since his website was hard to use.

For my next larger budget project, I will probably try Wink. I figure I he has access to many different types of stones, as well as the opportunity to set them right away.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I''m new to colored stones, and I think it''s pretty easy to find the most popular sites by skimming back through a few pages of posts. The ones mentioned a lot really seem to be top-notch. The only gem I have in my possession right now was cut by Dan Stair, though I didn''t buy it directly from him. It''s a gorgeous stone, IMO (see my avatar for a pic, but it doesn''t really do the stone justice). I have also ordered from Gene at Precision Gem and it should hopefully be arriving today.
36.gif
I loved the stone when I saw it on his site, and he shipped it really fast...so far so good. I will report back once I''ve had time to play with the stone and form a real-life opinion.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Artistic Colored Stones (Barry). Custom Gemstones (Dan). I''ve worked with a bunch of vendors though in trying to find my ering stone...but have only bought from Barry and Dan, although I own a gemstone from Gene too...

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I have only bought from Jeff White, but I LOVE Peter Torraca, too. Both of them have impeccable taste when it comes to rough and they have a great eye for color. Not to mention they are both some of the nicest people I have dealt with professionally.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve bought from Barry (Acstones), Dan (Custom Gemstones), Richard (Concave gems), Jeff (Whites gems) and Gary (Finewater) and had great experiences with all of them. I''m itching to buy something from Peter Torraca soon though
1.gif

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Dan (Custom Gemstones), Jeff (Whites Gems) - Dan and Cindi are definitely my favorite. I've been keeping them very busy lately.

Too much time at home + not enough to do + nothing on TV to watch to keep me from surfing for pretty sparklies and imagining gifts for people = new projects galore for friends and family which also = LOTS of emails and requests to Dan. LOL

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 5:59:02 PM
Author: Gailey
Peter Torraca - without doubt
I''m so glad his site is so much easier to surf around and he is listing the prices.
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results