shape
carat
color
clarity

What's your opinion please....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

christie

Rough_Rock
What do you think of this diamond?
It has medium blue fluorescence
round 1.82 ct
color F SI2
crown angle: 36.8
pavil angle: 43.3
culet: 1%
table: 56.6%
total depth: 63.8%
girdle 1.2-2.5%
$11.2K
I did put it thru the cut advisor, but was wondering what anyone thought
It had small inclusions which could be seen thru the side, but not the top
It only had one tiny speck seen from the top

Thanks in advance for any advice!!!!

Christie

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi :)

Is the depth percentage that you listed correct?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I guess 43.3 is not a pavilion angle but depth %. Together with 36.8° crown angle it sounds as steep/deep combination thus rather high total depth.

HCA: 3.4 - Very Good.

Greentree

Rough_Rock
Well, the Cut Advisor says not to buy due to its having too much depth. This means the beauty of the diamond is adversely affected by the way it is cut. Since 11k is a lot of money, you'd do well to keep looking.

If you watch this forum very much you'll see that Cut is the most highly prized of the four C's. Color is probably next, followed by Clarity, and, lastly, Carat weight.

Shopping for a diamond can be very stimulating so control yourself. There are lots to choose from. Oh, and pick out a well-regarded independent appraiser now while you're thinking about it. Consulting with them before you purchase will keep you out of trouble.

christie

Rough_Rock
Sorry - here is more correct info:
pavillion angle is 41.1
pavillion depth is 43.3%

crown angle is 36.8
crown height is 16.3%

diameter 7.74

total depth is 63.8%

table size 56.6%

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn't buy that diamond.

christie

Rough_Rock
I forgot to add that these measurements came from their Sarin machine. If that makes a difference. Thank you so much for your help! This is completely stressful.....:errrr:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Christie,

What are you looking for? Of the C's, which are most important to you? If you give us some more information about just what you want and your budget, we can try to help.

:)

christie

Rough_Rock
Hi Lawmax:wavey:

What I am looking for is the biggest cut I can get (1.8-2.0)with a color no lower than H and I am willing to go down on clarity (SI2). Obviously I want the best proportions as possible but am limited to about $13K. ......gulp......Am I asking the impossible?

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
O.K.

Go to the pricescope searches and do a search by price (on the upper right side of the page). Go for "size rather than quality". You'll see many stones listed. Weed through and see what interests you. Then you can contact vendors and try to get more detailed cut information if that is important to you.

:)

christie

Rough_Rock
thank you for your advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results