shape
carat
color
clarity

What's your favorite type of dog & why did you choose it?

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Re: What's your favorite type of dog & why did you choose it

sctsbride09|1292706920|2800520 said:
Dobermanns. Ive had all kinds of dogs in my life, australian shepherds, german shepherds, queensland heelers, pitbulls, and a couple of small breeds like chi mixes and doxies. Overall, I have discovered I like large dogs, but Dobermanns in particular have completely stolen my heart. I will always own at least one from now til I die. I love dobies because..
1. Highly intelligent
2. very easily trained
3. working breed, therefore wants to please its owner
4. they "talk" I guess only a fellow dobie owner would understand that so I will explain. Any time my Dobie wants anything she has certain voice inflections for certain things, so I always *know* what she needs. She has a different sound for needing to go outside, if she is hungry, wants to play, etc.
5. They are very protective of their families.
6. they are extremely affectionate.
7. they are extremely sensitive dogs, making training a breeze as well as being nice for cuddling.
8,. They are intimidating. Yes, I like the fact that people wont come near me when Im walking our girl, and I also like knowing that if I was to be alone at night, that my dobie would do whatever it took to protect/defend me from an intruder, as well as anyone else in our family.
I could go on and on, Im a devoted dobermann owner. BUT they are not for beginners! I would never suggest a person who is *new* to dogs to get a dobermann as they can walk all over you if you allow them to. They require an alpha human who is willing to train them and run/walk them daily. They certainly require alot of time and effort, but they give so much in return. The only thing I hate is they have a relatively short lifespan. :(sad
I've always loved Dobermanns! From what you describe, their temperments and personalities seem to be exactly the same as American Bulldogs!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

Dobermanns. Ive had all kinds of dogs in my life, australian shepherds, german shepherds, queensland heelers, pitbulls, and a couple of small breeds like chi mixes and doxies. Overall, I have discovered I like large dogs, but Dobermanns in particular have completely stolen my heart. I will always own at least one from now til I die. I love dobies because..
1. Highly intelligent
2. very easily trained
4. they "talk" I guess only a fellow dobie owner would understand that so I will explain. Any time my Dobie wants anything she has certain voice inflections for certain things, so I always *know* what she needs. She has a different sound for needing to go outside, if she is hungry, wants to play, etc.
7. they are extremely sensitive dogs, making training a breeze as well as being nice for cuddling.
8,. They are intimidating. Yes, I like the fact that people wont come near me when Im walking our girl, and I also like knowing that if I was to be alone at night, that my dobie would do whatever it took to protect/defend me from an intruder, as well as anyone else in our family.
I could go on and on, Im a devoted dobermann owner. BUT they are not for beginners! I would never suggest a person who is *new* to dogs to get a dobermann as they can walk all over you if you allow them to. They require an alpha human who is willing to train them and run/walk them daily. They certainly require alot of time and effort, but they give so much in return. The only thing I hate is they have a relatively short lifespan. :(sad

For me, I am torn between Doberman and Great Dane. My friends have five Dobermans and I get to dogsit for them and they ALL sleep in the bed with me. But Great Danes are so big and expressive I love them too.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

sctsbride09|1292708511|2800537 said:
Zoe- While DH and I's dobie is AKC registered, this was not part of our criteria when looking for our dog. We only wanted a dobermann to be our family pet, not a show dog. To us, the personality of the dogs mother and father was way more important than perfection in looks. Although our girl IS perfect, if I do say so myself. :praise: Because of BYBs, dobermanns have gotten a bad wrap, they are very sweet, but BYBs dont breed for personality/health, they breed for size. So if you are looking to get a dog like this or german shepherds, rotties, chows, pits etc. it might be a good idea to find a person who owns one with a personality you like, and ask what breeder they bought their dog from. This is how we found our breeder. We found a breeder through a friend whose dogs personality was outstanding, contacted the breeder, and got on her list. FYI- any GOOD breeder worth their salt will not have puppies available immediately, and you will go on a list for sometimes up to 2 years waiting for a dog. A good breeder will also want to ask questions about your home, want to know if you have a yard, and will want you (typically) to sign a form saying you WILL NOT breed said dog(unless it is a show dog). Most good breeders will also agree to take the dog back if they are not suited to your personality, or have to rehome your dog. In short, good breeders actually care about the dogs.

I completely disagree with the statement above - many times you will have to get on a list, but sometimes there are litters of puppies where not all puppies are spoken for. When i got my cavalier, i went through the AKC referral website for puppies - there at least a couple of breeders that had puppies available. I don't think these breeders weren't "worth their salt" at all. They were highly discriminatory, with fantastic breeding lines. The breeder i went with ....she and i just clicked. Originally Rip was promised to someone else, who then backed out, and she called me. She did not make me sign a non-breeding contract because she wanted me to keep Rip "in tact" so she could breed him. She did, however, make me sign agreements about rehoming my dog. In fact, we chat over email all the time - i send pictures and she's even come 3 hours to visit us and we've gone to visit her! All in all, having puppies available does NOT indicate a bad breeder.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock

violet3|1292716655|2800639 said:
sctsbride09|1292708511|2800537 said:
Zoe- While DH and I's dobie is AKC registered, this was not part of our criteria when looking for our dog. We only wanted a dobermann to be our family pet, not a show dog. To us, the personality of the dogs mother and father was way more important than perfection in looks. Although our girl IS perfect, if I do say so myself. :praise: Because of BYBs, dobermanns have gotten a bad wrap, they are very sweet, but BYBs dont breed for personality/health, they breed for size. So if you are looking to get a dog like this or german shepherds, rotties, chows, pits etc. it might be a good idea to find a person who owns one with a personality you like, and ask what breeder they bought their dog from. This is how we found our breeder. We found a breeder through a friend whose dogs personality was outstanding, contacted the breeder, and got on her list. FYI- any GOOD breeder worth their salt will not have puppies available immediately, and you will go on a list for sometimes up to 2 years waiting for a dog. A good breeder will also want to ask questions about your home, want to know if you have a yard, and will want you (typically) to sign a form saying you WILL NOT breed said dog(unless it is a show dog). Most good breeders will also agree to take the dog back if they are not suited to your personality, or have to rehome your dog. In short, good breeders actually care about the dogs.

I completely disagree with the statement above - many times you will have to get on a list, but sometimes there are litters of puppies where not all puppies are spoken for. When i got my cavalier, i went through the AKC referral website for puppies - there at least a couple of breeders that had puppies available. I don't think these breeders weren't "worth their salt" at all. They were highly discriminatory, with fantastic breeding lines. The breeder i went with ....she and i just clicked. Originally Rip was promised to someone else, who then backed out, and she called me. She did not make me sign a non-breeding contract because she wanted me to keep Rip "in tact" so she could breed him. She did, however, make me sign agreements about rehoming my dog. In fact, we chat over email all the time - i send pictures and she's even come 3 hours to visit us and we've gone to visit her! All in all, having puppies available does NOT indicate a bad breeder.
sctsbride09 I agree with everything you said other than the part that violet pointed out. This just isn't true. We contacted our breeder, who informed us that she had a litter of 7 puppies that were born 5 weeks prior, and that only one was spoken for. We actually ended up with the first pick of the litter (aside from the one who was already chosen), and by the time they were ready to go home with their new owners, all were spoken for.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Zoe, having an AKC-regisered dog is akin to having an IGI-graded diamond. An AKC registration means absolutely nothing--BYBs and puppy mills nearly always have AKC-registered dogs. Reputable breeders will be a member of their local/national breed club, will show their dogs, will make you sign a contract stating you will not turn the dog over to rescue (they always go back to the breeder) and will have all health clearances on their dogs readily available.

Usually if a breeder is bragging about having "AKC-registered" pups, it's not a reputable breeder. Reputable breeders always have AKC-registered dogs, but care MUCH more about the health clearances.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock

soocool|1292680745|2800286 said:
I love shepherds, labs, collies, retrievers. But I don't think I would love all the fur flying around. I had a schnauzer (non shedding)growing up named Steuben (Stuey for short) and he was the smartest and friendliest dog in the world. So a few years ago DH and I got a mini schnauzer for DD and love him to death. He seldom barks and will talk to his favorite neighbors. Yes, he speaks to the neighbors - it is so interesting and cute how he communicates with them. He may be hyper for about 2 minutes when he sees and greets you, then settles down and goes to his spot. He obeys all commands (he also knows German commands - my dad taught him one time when we were away for 2 weeks and dad watched him) and loves to play catch , frisbee, and hide and go seek. He is a real companion and a member of the family.
So, the "talking" must be a characteristic of the breed? I have a friend with a schnauzer, and it talks, too!!! It talks when it first arrives as a greeting. Then it settles, just like you said. They seem to be great little dogs, this one is good with strange chlldren; it will move out of reach instead of growling.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock

I'm kindof partial to the English Mastiff myself. :love: But then again, Hera keeps me a bit biased.

Reasons we picked the breed

1. Large size
2. Extremely lazy
3. Calm, and easy-going
4. Good with kids
5. Protective of their family, but rarely will ever attack an intruder. (There was a news story in the UK where a mastiff just sat on the intruder until his people got home. )
6. So cute!
7. Intelligent and easy to train
8. Extremely low prey drive (We also have a cat)

Also in response to posts above, our breeder also had puppies available. However she is a fairly large operation and has around three litters per year. We also got lucky in that the couple that had put a deposit down on Hera decided at the last minute to go with her half sister who was already 4 months old and potty trained.

Here's a picture of her demonstrating her "high-five" trick.

Hera high five.jpg

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock

growing up we always had vizslas. i loved them. they are a hungarian bird dog. http://www.google.com/images?oe=utf...tle&resnum=1&ved=0CDIQsAQwAA&biw=1280&bih=619 (some pics & such)

but as an adult, i wanted a weimaraner and when then-FI and i were looking for a second dog (he had/has a beagle/rott mix) a full breed weim showed up at the shelter. however she had come from a bad breeder & could not be placed in a multiple dog household. plus, our lifestyle didn't really fit for a weim at that time. our yard wasn't fenced & wasn't very large to begin with. so, i picked another shelter dog months later. we were told that she was a full-bred english pointer; however, the vet thinks it's much more likely that she is a dalmatian/greyhound mix.

now, my parents have a brittany spaniel & she is such a great dog! my best friend's family growing up always had brittany's & i loved them.

so all of that is to say that my favorite breed is weimaraner (although i've never owned one). for me, they are a great size--not too big, not too small, they are beautiful, they are active, very intelligent, with a loving personality. someday i hope to own one but DH is hoping for a husky (his fav breed), so we shall see...

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock

Prana|1292703081|2800478 said:
Kittygolightly- I always wanted an Italian Greyhound. I love the way they look! Are they as fragile as they look? I'd be afraid that I would break it by accident... ;))

They can be prone to broken legs in their first year from trying to jump on or off high places. I wouldn't necessarily suggest them as dogs for families with small children. But mine is a lot stronger than she looks.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks for the advice, Sctsbride Violet, Prana, and NEL!

It's astounding to realize how much specific breeds can cost, but I know that good breeders aren't in it for the money and that you're essentially paying for quality care/testing of the animal. When we find the right one, it will be worth it. I sort of keep forgetting that I need to run all this by my husband, who's a little more set on getting a dog from the shelter/animal rescue league. Because of his allergies though, I'm hesitant. :saint:

NEL -- Thanks so much for the IGI analogy. That makes perfect sense! :bigsmile: That's pretty much what I figured. Before I began doing research years ago (when we were considering a different breed), I thought the AKC was everything. Once I read much more online and spoke to people about it, I realized that it's not. My sister's dog (the chinook) isn't recognized by the AKC and he's a beautiful, healthy, happy boy.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock

NewEnglandLady|1292721890|2800681 said:
Zoe, having an AKC-regisered dog is akin to having an IGI-graded diamond. An AKC registration means absolutely nothing--BYBs and puppy mills nearly always have AKC-registered dogs. Reputable breeders will be a member of their local/national breed club, will show their dogs, will make you sign a contract stating you will not turn the dog over to rescue (they always go back to the breeder) and will have all health clearances on their dogs readily available.

Usually if a breeder is bragging about having "AKC-registered" pups, it's not a reputable breeder. Reputable breeders always have AKC-registered dogs, but care MUCH more about the health clearances.
This is very well put, and very true, I just didn't know how to say it lol. With our dog, he is not AKC registered because his breed isn't recognized. I don't think he is UKC registered either, his breed is just "recognized" by the UKC. My previous post on the matter was more pro good breeder than AKC or UKC registered, because I agree with NEL in saying that AKC/UKC registrations don't really mean anything. Sorry I didn't really answer your question... :wacko:

AussieNic

Rough_Rock

What gorgeous photo's everyone has of their dogs!
As a kid, my parents had 2 Corgi's. One of them was baited by some cruel person, and the other my parents picked up when i was only a few weeks old and she passed away when i was about 15.. She was very special to me obviously being around for so long.
My husband had a dog as a young child, but was never really a dog person when we met. When our DD was 2, we came across a Rottweiler from a breeder next town over, so we got her. She is the most gentle dog, is great with the kids, was my daughter's shadow whenever they were out in the yard together (and still is even though my daughter is now 11) She is great to have around when hubby is on nightshift, she sees him go to work then i swear she stays awake most of the night keeping an eye on things. I go downstairs the next morning when hubby gets home, and the poor dog is sleeping the day away...
When we got her, our daughter could only say 2 words about the dog, one was Tiny, the other was Arpy... we decided Tiny was a better name than Arpy :lol: might be a little cliché, but it's the story behind her name that gives it that fond meaning i suppose. I'm not sure what we will do when the day comes that she isn't with us anymore. My daughter is already planning another dog. I think a couple of years dog free might be good, then maybe head to the RSPCA or pound and rescue one from there... by that time my daughter will most likely be ready to leave home anyway, and can get her own dog.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

You can find breed specific rescue dogs on petfinder.com! :appl:

Sometimes people think they want a doberman or golden or whatever and realize it's not the dog for them. MANY rescue groups use petfinder. The rescuer will write long descriptions of a pet's personality and are very concerned that you find the perfect fit. The rescue fee is usually much lower than buying a purebred from a breeder.

Interesting side note: they also have birds, hamsters and pure bred cats on Petfinder.com. :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I'm not sure that I can name just one favorite. I love labs for their sunny personality, I love French bulldogs because they are just so darn cute. I love Westies because that's what I grew up with, even though they are allergy prone.

We have a poodle/terrier mix. She's great with our kids, and super sweet, if a bit excitable, lol!

zoe%20resized.jpg

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

herekittykitty|1292715541|2800630 said:
1. Highly intelligent
2. very easily trained

For me, I am torn between Doberman and Great Dane. My friends have five Dobermans and I get to dogsit for them and they ALL sleep in the bed with me. But Great Danes are so big and expressive I love them too.

Kitty, if you're considering getting a puppy, I can tell you a bit about Danes. I've never owned a Dobie, but I have a friend who has ALWAYS had a Dobie in her house. They are wonderful dogs, too! But, of course, I'm very partial to Danes, having been owned by one myself.

Our Dane, Caesar, was a merle. He was a very sweet, gentle boy and would do absolutely ANYTHING for a banana! :D

I got him when he was about 12 weeks old. At that time, he was still pick-upable and he could still fit in my lap! LOL! I would sit on the floor with him in my lap when he was a baby, and he never realized that he outgrew that. There's nothing quite like sitting down on the floor and having a five-year-old, 120+ pound dog plop down in your lap! LOL! He really had no idea how huge he was. We'd go to the vet's office and sit on the benches in the waiting room, and he'd put his butt in my lap and front feet on the floor. The vet techs always got a HUGE kick out of that! He was such a big baby. :mrgreen:

Really, as far as I'm concerned, there's only one down side to owning a Dane: The short life span. That's really, truly awful. :blackeye:

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

I had a Dane mix until June. She died at 13. I wish I had thought to save her DNA.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

Wow, Zoe, your sister has a Chinook??? Not so many of those around! Would love to know more about living with one. I went to Short Seeley's kennel once in NH -- long after Short was gone, of course -- unfortunately it was closed that day & we couldn't go in. Really cool, never hear about Chinooks!

--- Laurie

CUSO

Shiny_Rock

I just recently lost my best friend of 13 years. I am still devistated. Rock aka Bubba an English bulldog was the greatest dog ever. Never growled, or snapped in his life, but he did snort a lot to emphasize his displeasure. He was in incredible dog with my kids. All he ever wanted was to sleep next to someone. I do still hear snorts ever now and then

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

JewelFreak|1292782287|2801024 said:
Wow, Zoe, your sister has a Chinook??? Not so many of those around! Would love to know more about living with one. I went to Short Seeley's kennel once in NH -- long after Short was gone, of course -- unfortunately it was closed that day & we couldn't go in. Really cool, never hear about Chinooks!

--- Laurie

Laurie -- are you in or near NH? I just looked up Short Seeley's Kennel and it look like it's a kennel devoted to Siberian huskies and Alaskan malamutes. Here's a random picture I found online of chinooks. The one on the left most resembles my sister's dog. Chinooks aren't the most common dog around but there are more and more breeders out there. The breeders that my sister looked at were pretty hardcore about testing and keeping the line going, and they were pretty strict. The application process that my sister went through was a very long one. She loves her chinook and he's such a sweet boy. They're coming to visit for Christmas and I can't wait to see them!

chinooksps.jpg

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

herekittykitty|1292782165|2801023 said:
I had a Dane mix until June. She died at 13. I wish I had thought to save her DNA.

Kitty, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad she made it to the ripe old age of 13, though! It's great that she lived that long! What was she mixed with? Most pure-bred Danes only make it to 10 at the oldest. Caesar was 8 when we lost him in April, 2009. Like I said, that short lifespan is the only drawback to the breed, but it's a big one. :(sad

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Zoe, I love that your sister has a Chinook. We're up in NH fairly often and just happened to come across a Chinook gathering a couple of years ago. I had never seen the breed before and talked with a few of the owners--they seem like really great dogs. The owners said they were very friendly and typical working dogs (easy to train, eager to please). I asked about energy levels and they said that they are the type of dogs who could work all day if given a purpose, but won't destroy your house if they don't get hours of exercise each day.

Oddly enough my sister started talking about getting a dog and after doing a bunch of research, decided she'd like a Chinook. She asked me if I'd ever heard of that breed because she hadn't and I thought it was so strange since I'd only been introduced to the breed recently. She lives in the midwest and there isn't a breeder anywhere around, but I told her that next time she comes to visit me I'd set up an appt. with a breeder here in New England.

TheDoctor

Shiny_Rock

My family is accompanied by our second Standard Poodle. Most people are surprised to be told his breed when they ask, as the SP moniker brings on a mental image of the freakishly-clipped show dogs, far from what our dogs have looked like. Mojo often went 6 months without a clip, nearly wool-blind by the time we delivered him to the groomer.
We lost our dear Mojo to bone cancer last January at the age of 11. Providence dictated the availability of Louis 2 days after Mojo left us.

IMG_7990.jpg IMG_7994.jpg Mojo03e.jpg Mojo03a.jpg

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

Irishgrrrl|1292784349|2801048 said:

Kitty, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad she made it to the ripe old age of 13, though! It's great that she lived that long! What was she mixed with? Most pure-bred Danes only make it to 10 at the oldest. Caesar was 8 when we lost him in April, 2009. Like I said, that short lifespan is the only drawback to the breed, but it's a big one. :(sad

We aren't quite sure. They said Lab when we got her but then my sister go a for certain Lab/Dane and they were not all that similar. She hated the water. If I had to guess I'd say pit bull b/c she had an extra blocky head and a wonderful personality that reminded me of my neighbor's pit growing up. Here is her picture.

billiesgreatest.jpg

TheDoctor

Shiny_Rock

This is Louis after a snowfall. He is somewhat of a maniac.

LouisBWsmall.jpg

He was about 4 months old in this photo. He's now about 70 lbs.

LouisPuppy.jpg

Standards are highly intelligent, loyal, protective, non-shedding, and tolerant of other dogs. Mojo was never fixed but his behaviour wasn't a problem. Louis has been fixed, and I can't say there is any difference in their behaviour. Both would take on any threat with courage, while never showing aggression toward any other creature.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

herekittykitty|1292784824|2801060 said:
Irishgrrrl|1292784349|2801048 said:

We aren't quite sure. They said Lab when we got her but then my sister go a for certain Lab/Dane and they were not all that similar. She hated the water. If I had to guess I'd say pit bull b/c she had an extra blocky head and a wonderful personality that reminded me of my neighbor's pit growing up. Here is her picture.

She's beautiful! And I agree that she might have some pit in her. We have a pit/black lab mix, and he has a similar head and face. :))

Oh, and her hatred of water probably comes from her Dane side. Caesar absolutely despised being wet! It was always a chore to get him to go outside when it had been raining . . . he didn't want to step on the wet grass! :lol:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

NewEnglandLady|1292784526|2801052 said:
Zoe, I love that your sister has a Chinook. We're up in NH fairly often and just happened to come across a Chinook gathering a couple of years ago. I had never seen the breed before and talked with a few of the owners--they seem like really great dogs. The owners said they were very friendly and typical working dogs (easy to train, eager to please). I asked about energy levels and they said that they are the type of dogs who could work all day if given a purpose, but won't destroy your house if they don't get hours of exercise each day.

Oddly enough my sister started talking about getting a dog and after doing a bunch of research, decided she'd like a Chinook. She asked me if I'd ever heard of that breed because she hadn't and I thought it was so strange since I'd only been introduced to the breed recently. She lives in the midwest and there isn't a breeder anywhere around, but I told her that next time she comes to visit me I'd set up an appt. with a breeder here in New England.

That's great! The pups are ADORABLE and the adults are wonderful dogs. Yes, they do like having a purpose, but my sister's dog is fairly laid back too as long as he's been exercised. They go out for hikes and runs in the dog park pretty much every day (my sis lives in OR). It actually really helps that she's a trainer because she keeps her charges in line. :bigsmile: He's also a certified therapy dog, and you should see the looks on people's faces when she boards the plane with him. He's a little, uh, large for an airplane as a typical passenger. :saint:

Obviously I can't give you first hand knowledge of what it's like to own a Chinook since I don't own one, but I've dog sat occasionally, and he's awesome. I'd be happy to put you/your sister in touch with my sis. Let me know! I know how to find you...

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock

TheDoctor|1292784820|2801059 said:
My family is accompanied by our second Standard Poodle. Most people are surprised to be told his breed when they ask, as the SP moniker brings on a mental image of the freakishly-clipped show dogs, far from what our dogs have looked like. Mojo often went 6 months without a clip, nearly wool-blind by the time we delivered him to the groomer.
We lost our dear Mojo to bone cancer last January at the age of 11. Providence dictated the availability of Louis 2 days after Mojo left us.

IMG_7990.jpg IMG_7994.jpg Mojo03e.jpg Mojo03a.jpg
We have a female labradoodle and a female standard poodle. They are both great, but the standard is the best dog I have ever had, and I have owned a lot of dogs. When I was a child, Barbara Walters was still on the Today show. We raised long haired dachshunds from Amsterdam, and they were on her show!!!! But, the standard poodle will always be my favorite. They are loyal,calm, and so intelligent.

The labradoodle is sweet and intelligent, but she is not as intelligent as the standard. Like the tall, older woman says who is the judge for Westminster, a standard will hunt all day, and then ask if you need a 4th for bridge that evening.

Also, we serve on the board of the poodle rescue in our state. Whatever breed is your favorite, please get involved with that breed's rescue group. One of my husband's Christmas gifts he will be opening is a donation I made in his name to the State Poodle Rescue here. I would challenge everyone writing here about their favorite breed to do the same thing this Christmas for their chosen rescue group.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock

I'm more of a cat (oriental breeds) and snake person and DH is severely allergic to dogs, but I adore greyhounds and if we had the space and DH wasn't allergic I would have one like a shot.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

Did the Doberman as a beginner thing. From a very, very reputable breeder. Can attest to the mistake. It had a happy ending because he got a great (great) home. I learned an expensive lesson and some humility.

I can't imagine taking care of anything other than my one cat but if I ever do get a dog again it will be a herding breed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results