Ideal_Rock
I like this one because it's so simple.

Rosemary Sweet and Sour Pork -great with rice

1TBSP butter
1 LB lean pork in small cubes
1 med/large onion, chopped
2 TBSP firmly packed brown sugar
1-2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 spring fresh rosemary ( or a pinch of dried rosemary)
1TBSP red wine vinegar
dash of salt

Melt the butter in the pan and saute the pork cubes on meduim heat until cooked, or unil lightly browned for more flavour, degalze the pan by addign the onions and tomatoes and stirring well so all the brownings from the bottom of the pan have been disolved into the sauce, add the rosemary and brown sugar and cooked covered over med-low heat until the tomatoes and onions have reduced into a thickish red sauce, abd the pork is tender (20-30 min?) [You could reduce the sauce faster over higher heat if you don't care how tender your pork is]. Add the vinegar in the last 10 min of cooking and add a little salt to adjust the seasoning to your taste. You might want to add more brown sugar if you want it sweeter. Serve over cooked rice, or with potatoes. Maybe a nice garden salad too.

Be careful not to let this recipe burn! the tomatoes and the brown sugar make it a little prone to scorching.

Ninna

Shiny_Rock
"AmeliaG
Thanks Ninna! One question: do the veggies have to be frozen? I always buy fresh but I don't know whether there would be any veggies left in it after baking.

When using fresh vegetables, is best to blanch them first. I often drop baby carrots into boiling water and cook for 4 minutes [diced carrots and green beans take 3 minutes]. Remove carrots with a slotted spoon and shock into a bowl of ice water. Repeat with peas, they should be ready in 2 minutes. Fold well drained vegetables into cooled filling right before baking.

The chicken marinade posted by renogirl smells yummy-potent right now! :lickout:
Those Danish Butter Rolls sound delish!
Great Recipes everyone =)

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Ninna!

HopeDream, that pork recipe looks scrumptious! I love rosemary!

The grocery stores are starting to stock up again so I made this tonight. So yummy. I love risotto but hate to cook it - this recipe you can cook in the microwave and it tastes just like the long cooked version. You can use chicken instead of duck and that's yummy too.

Duck And Olive Risotto

1 tbsp. olive oil
1 each leek (white part); rinsed, dried & finely ch
1 large shallot; minced
1 cup arborio rice
3 cups homemade chicken stock OR
3 cups canned broth
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup dry white wine
1 cup cooked duck meat OR; shredded
1 cup chicken, dark meat; shredded
1/4 cup black italian olives; slivered
1/4 cup green italian olives; slivered
2 tbsp. parmesan cheese; freshly grated
snipped fresh chives; for garnish

Heat the oil in a deep 2 1/2 qt. microwave-safe casserole, uncovered, for 2
minutes. on full power (650-700 watts).

Stir in the leek and shallot. Cook 3 minutes.

Stir in the rice. Cook 1 minutes.

Stir in 2 cups of the stock, the water, and the wine. Cook uncovered, 12
minutes. Stir in the remaining 1 cup stock, the duck, and the olives. Cook
5 minutes.

Stir in the cheese, sprinkle with chives, and serve immediately.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results