shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s your favorite coffee or tea drink?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Well, most of the time I make coffee at home, I like buying whole beans & grinding them myself. I love Costa Rican coffee. Lately I have been buying Cafe Britt (Cafebritt.com) Tarrazu Montecielo Whole Bean Coffee, the flavor is soooo good. A lot of times I will sprinkle some cinnamon/nutmeg on the grinds or add chocolate syrup or vanilla extract if I want to spice it up.

For tea I like Bigelow Sweet Dreams & Cozy ChamomileTea.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 11:45:32 AM
Author: Cind11

Date: 3/2/2007 11:30:43 AM
Author: diamondfan
Cind, I love tea as well. I get this organic loose tea from a store near me with coconut, and then they have another one with mint and chocolate flavor and it is amazing. I like coffee and drink one cup in the am and maybe have another cup later in the day, but I really love tea, esp interesting flavors.
I keep thinking I should try loose tea. It seems so much more ''authentic'' to me and what a true tea lover would drink... The mint and chocolate flavor tea sounds scrumptious!
I actually have a collection of tea strainers...deep sixed somewhere in my drawer! Time to find them!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 11:55:11 AM
Author: scarleta
Does hot apple cider from Starbucks qualify.That is what my favourite drink is..Ask for half sugar they make it too sweet...
I feel so dumb! Never knew I could ask for that!! I will now!!!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 12:02:50 PM
Author: Gypsy
I''m a tea drinker... and generally the black loose tea in my house is a blend we mix ourselves. It''s closer to earl gray (GOOD earl gray... like Republic of Tea) but is more fragrant and richer-- three or four different teas go into it. I make my tea the persian way...I don''t have a Samovar but use a good kettle (Le Cruiset) that has a handle that folds down and a tea pot with strainer holes on top of the opening of the kettle at the to brew my tea.

I do like some tropical teas/flavored teas. And some tea bags, because they are convenient. For black tea... I will drink Republic of Tea Earl Gray, and Ahmad Earl Gray. I like my tea ver hot as a rule. Other brands/ types that I like are Mighty Leaf Tropical Tea, Republic of Tea manjo ceylon, Hadley and Sons African Autumn. All of these are GREAT iced too. Pete''s coffee has some great teas as well... their green tea jasmine is Yummy (and I sometimes mix a little into my black tea blend to give it a more Jasmine overtone, if I''m in the mood).

I like coffee... turkish coffee made with milk at home is a serious YUM for me. But I don''t care for any american coffee house coffee I''ve tried because it all tastes like th beans were picked too early then burnt to make up for it. Ick. If I do coffee its usually at resturants, italian or french, who grind their own coffee and buy good beans. I prefer a good capuchino to straight coffee regardless.

I don''t have a coffee maker though. We just don''t drink it often enough.
Love turkish!
I like it ground freshly, too--we have a bad way of breaking every grinder we get--so gave up and went with storebought ground.
7.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 2:00:44 PM
Author: justjulia

Date: 3/2/2007 9:36:04 AM
Author: ellaila
Starbucks:

Grande (or Venti)
Two-pump sugar-free vanilla (three-pump if venti).
Nonfat.
Extra-hot.
Latte.

9.gif

Oh my hubby loves to make fun of me for that!! ''You''re soo high maintenance!'' But the funny thing is that other than this, I only drink plain old black coffee!

In the summer, their black iced tea is soooo refreshing with some valencia syrup in it! YUM!
I love it--I never thought I could ask for more, but now I will! I love the hazelnut sugar free. Ok, so what does valencia taste like?
It''s a sweet orange taste. Gives the tea a bit more zing that just the standard lemon flavor, I think! (It''s funny though because I''ve actually found myself calling it VALENCIAGA -- oh, this forum!!
25.gif
)

And re: ordering tea online -- the site I mentioned earlier (www.adagio.com) has a TON of flavored teas! I work with a huge tea drinker, and he just ordered a bunch from there and was really pleased with them.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 12:10:27 PM
Author: Miranda
I love most anything from Coffee Bean. In the morning we usually brew our own. My favorite whole bean coffee is Mocha Java....yummmmmm, it has sweet undertones and it''s very smooth. I just have it with a bit of half and half. CB used to make an iced blended chai that was soooo yummy. I would get it with their sugar free powder and no whipped cream. But, waaaa they don''t offer it anymore. There''s a little crepe place near me that makes the BEST mochas!!! I mean seriously, the best!!!!! I don''t usually go for sweet tea or coffee, but, these are fabbbbbb.
I''m going to have to check out Coffee Bean.... don''t know if we have one here....possibly online?

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 12:41:21 PM
Author: BizouMom
Addicted to Bad Ass Coffee. Hate Starbucks, I think it tastes like dirt.
Crazy name. I''ve never seen that anywhere!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 12:49:27 PM
Author: dmbfan
I''m a very simple minded coffee drinker. I get a Large McDs cup of coffee every day. $1.39 and ''I''m loving it''....
I don''t know what it is about MD coffee, but it wires me out!!!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 12:59:54 PM
Author: kev_800

Date: 3/2/2007 12:41:21 PM
Author: BizouMom
Addicted to Bad Ass Coffee. Hate Starbucks, I think it tastes like dirt.
Where can you get Bad Ass Coffee?

Here in Chicago there is a coffee place called INTELLEGENTSIA..... all the best restaurants in town use it. Its FAR superior to Starbucks, which over-roasts their beans to mask the general lower quality.

My favorite is Columbian or central american blends from Intelligentsia.

Metropolis also makes some good coffee.

I think most people don''t realize Starbucks is just a coffee roaster -- and you can get better non-burned coffee elsewhere :)
You are right; I did not realize that!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 1:09:09 PM
Author: Aloros
Chai tea lattes. I like ''em hot, spicy, and not too sweet.
My daughter LOVES them, too.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 1:30:05 PM
Author: niku414
Aside from the famous Starbucks / Coffee Tea -- Here are some of my Favorite Coffee :) usually take it with 2 cream -- no sugar

Lion Coffee : 100% Kona
Peet''s Coffee : Blend 101

Only instant coffee I drink :
Trader''s Joe Instant Coffee :)
I don''t think we have Trader Joe''s here.... I keep hearing SO much about it though.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 1:52:05 PM
Author: basil
Plain green tea. I think it''s one of life''s greatest ''free'' pleasures. Even the pricey versions are relatively cheap, it''s got no calories, and it has antioxidants that are actually good for you! Right now I''m drinking Tazo ''China Green Tips'', but I often buy the Trader Joe''s brand cause it''s cheaper.

I also like black tea...my brother and his girlfriend (fellow tea lovers) send me these amazing loose Belgian teas from a specialty shop in Brugge. I want to convert to loose green tea as well, but the only loose tea I''ve ever seen in grocery stores is Twining''s brand, which doesn''t work well with my little strainer ball - it all seeps out and I end up with pieces of leaves in my tea and it gets bitter. I want to get a teapot with a strainer, but the one I want is like $40.

At Starbucks or other coffee shop, I usually get a plain nonfat coffee latte, though. I don''t like paying $1.50 when I could buy a month''s supply of tea bags for that price at the grocery store, so I get something that I can''t make at home.
Speaking of tea, I LOVE my UK style electric kettle! Heats water up asap!
I have this neat little cup thing that has a strainer fitted into it--got it a mall special tea shop.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 2:09:27 PM
Author: VegasAngel
Well, most of the time I make coffee at home, I like buying whole beans & grinding them myself. I love Costa Rican coffee. Lately I have been buying Cafe Britt (Cafebritt.com) Tarrazu Montecielo Whole Bean Coffee, the flavor is soooo good. A lot of times I will sprinkle some cinnamon/nutmeg on the grinds or add chocolate syrup or vanilla extract if I want to spice it up.

For tea I like Bigelow Sweet Dreams & Cozy ChamomileTea.
Ooo, I''ll have to check out cafebritt. I like chamomile, too!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love chai tea, but only from Borders bookstore. All the others are too spicy for me.

I also love white choco mochas from Starbucks.

I brew Godiva coffee at home...talk about yum!

As for teas...I typically get them from local tea houses.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 2:12:49 PM

Date: 3/2/2007 2:00:44 PM

Date: 3/2/2007 9:36:04 AM
Starbucks:

Grande (or Venti)
Two-pump sugar-free vanilla (three-pump if venti).
Nonfat.
Extra-hot.
Latte.

9.gif

Oh my hubby loves to make fun of me for that!! ''You''re soo high maintenance!'' But the funny thing is that other than this, I only drink plain old black coffee!

In the summer, their black iced tea is soooo refreshing with some valencia syrup in it! YUM!
I love it--I never thought I could ask for more, but now I will! I love the hazelnut sugar free. Ok, so what does valencia taste like?
It''s a sweet orange taste. Gives the tea a bit more zing that just the standard lemon flavor, I think! (It''s funny though because I''ve actually found myself calling it VALENCIAGA -- oh, this forum!!
25.gif
)

And re: ordering tea online -- the site I mentioned earlier (www.adagio.com) has a TON of flavored teas! I work with a huge tea drinker, and he just ordered a bunch from there and was really pleased with them.
Cool. Thanks!
9.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 2:24:26 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I love chai tea, but only from Borders bookstore. All the others are too spicy for me.

Ok, I will check out Borders next time I''m there!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, it is called Premium Steap in Philadelphia...I work with Peggy there. I think they have a website too.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like illy coffee from my stovepot moka pot. If I have to drink "fast food" coffee, I would choose coffee bean and tea leaf. starbucks always tastes burnt to me.

I like all kinds of tea. But I remember having this jasminey-mint moroccan tea in a restaurant in San Luis Obispo that was to die for. it was just soooo yummy.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 12:10:44 PM
Cind, It is called slim mint and I get it at a tea shop in Philadelphia. I can give you the name if you like, she has everything, white and green teas, organics, black teas, flavored teas, chais and roobios, (spelling) and they are all really amazing. I think they even have a web site...
Hi Diamondfan,

Yes, the name would be great. Or, the website even better. Thanks!

ETA: Would it be premiumsteap.com?

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 12:10:44 PM
Cind, It is called slim mint and I get it at a tea shop in Philadelphia. I can give you the name if you like, she has everything, white and green teas, organics, black teas, flavored teas, chais and roobios, (spelling) and they are all really amazing. I think they even have a web site...
I buy my loose tea from an on line shop in Australia and I love experimenting with the different teas. Originally I got on board looking for quality Oolong tea which is supposed help with weight loss. It didn''t
5.gif
but now I love the taste of all these different teas. Currently i am loving rose and oolong and whilst the weight loss affects are not evident I really think my skin is heaps better from all the antioxidants.
I have one cup of long black coffee from my Saeceo coffee machine. 2 cups of loose leaf tea and one cup of Orange Pekoe before bed with the essential pieces of 70% Lindt chocolate
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is called Premium Steap...

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 2:06:53 PM

Date: 3/2/2007 11:14:16 AM
Author: Aurelia
Peppermint tea or hot cider for me -- extra cinnammon!

No coffee for me, or as my FI says... it makes me act like a 4 year old kid with ADD & caffeine & tons of sugar... it's not pretty!
11.gif

Aurelia
LOL, my husband grew up in a large Catholic family and his mother rationed everything. So, he actually turns his back to people when he sugars his coffee. He has been 'trained' to hide taking more than his share of sugar!! I think it's kind of adorable. And, he puts in TONS!
That is just too cute that your hubby is still hiding his sugar use after all these years!!!
1.gif
Those childhood habits stay with us don't they?

doobao

Shiny_Rock
I''m also a Starbucks person.

Tall, double shot, non-fat milk, Latte.

Actually I just had one this noon~
4.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I remember the days in school when I lived for dark chocolate and expresso--not mixed, just a bit of choc and a sip of coffee, repeat. Heaven.

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
What??? does no one else like Thai iced tea or vietnamese iced coffee or hot chai? I do tend to order these when I am at a restaurant. I have been drinking a lot of tea from Peet''s- their mango iced tea is absolutely lovely esp when you make the simple syrup to sweeten it.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Coffee drink: Grande Cinnamon Dolce Frappuccino (Starbucks)

~Tea: Tazo Iced Green Tea (Starbucks)...Has anyone ever had their iced espresso drinks?? Are they good??

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 3:45:00 PM
Author: TravelingGal
I like illy coffee from my stovepot moka pot. If I have to drink ''fast food'' coffee, I would choose coffee bean and tea leaf. starbucks always tastes burnt to me.

I like all kinds of tea. But I remember having this jasminey-mint moroccan tea in a restaurant in San Luis Obispo that was to die for. it was just soooo yummy.

Oh man ... it''s so WEIRD how similar our tastes are! I was just gonna say that I''ve been really digging the Illy "pods" lately ... that GENRALLY I dislike Starbucks because it''s bitter/burned (the exception being: Gingerbread Lattes!)... and to top it off ... my fave tea is Honest Tea''s Moroccan Mint (cold, like Snapple).

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 2:24:26 PM
Author: FireGoddess

When you say that Chai tea is spicy what do you mean? Is it a cinnamon spicy or a pepper spicy? I have never tried it, but would like to.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am a huge fan of tea. Black tea, green tea, mint tea, iced tea. I love Trader Joes Mango black tea and beargmont black tea with undertones of orange. YUM TEA! I like sleepytime tea when I can't sleep.

I like Bolboa teas(sp?) yum.

HATE COFFEE. I tried it every way possible since it seems to be so in. Can't get use to it
8.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Favorite tea, hands down, is Eden''s kukicha twig tea. Yummmmmm.

Starbucks: Iced sweetened black tea.
Coffee Bean: Moroccan Mint latte.

But you can''t beat plain ol'' steeped tea!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results