Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't eat chicken

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I have gotten older, I can't stand most proteins, or any with flavor or fat, lol. I really only eat chicken breast now. I don't know what happened to me because I loved a big juicy rib eye and dark meat chicken. Now it is an aversion. Weird!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I have gotten older, I can't stand most proteins, or any with flavor or fat, lol. I really only eat chicken breast now. I don't know what happened to me because I loved a big juicy rib eye and dark meat chicken. Now it is an aversion. Weird!

I'm opposite! While I can eat chicken breast I cannot eat any other parts and the smell of the chicken or turkey roasting makes me nauseated. Must be the fat. No probs with beef.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh that was a hard one.

I chose thigh but wing was right up there. Could be either on any given day!

Hehe I only tolerate breast when it's crumbed and fried whilst remaining super juicy.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Thighs/dark meat! Absolurely no hassle, no need for a marinade or any prep if I'm feeling lazy lol

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love wings too, especially when fried.

:) Do you prefer the drumette or the flat part of the wing? That is another poll that is going on, on one of my FB groups!

While they are very different, I like em both equally, but I just throw away the tip.

w.jpeg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Either way.

Cool! thanks.

About once a week I buy a Costco Rotisserie chicken.
From now in I'm freezing all the bones.

Waste not, want not. ;))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Question, when making stock can you use bones from a roasted chicken, or do the bones have to be raw?

You can definitely make stock from the leftover bones of a roasted chicken. I put them in the freezer until I have bones from 3-4 chickens...then roast them in the oven before using them to make stock. It makes the best stock!! I do this with turkey bones too...nothing better to make gravy with than roasted bone stock.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can definitely make stock from the leftover bones of a roasted chicken. I put them in the freezer until I have bones from 3-4 chickens...then roast them in the oven before using them to make stock. It makes the best stock!! I do this with turkey bones too...nothing better to make gravy with than roasted bone stock.

Thanks.
I'm going to do this.
What oven temp?
How long?
Any other bone preparation or ingredients?

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks.
I'm going to do this.
What oven temp?
How long?
Any other bone preparation or ingredients?

At least 400-450 spread out on a sheet pan. You can roast onion, celery, carrots with the bones, anything that will hold up to the heat. Skin, neck and other parts and bits are fine too. Probably 30-40 minutes as least. I like the bones to get a little darker but the minimum is golden brown. Whatever you like. ;-) Throw any other herbs/aromatics in when you make the stock and then strain it all. The stock comes out very rich...I can often dilute it in soups, etc.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thigh or leg generally but I like them all if they are fixed right.
But anything you can buy these days to me in a store is not real chicken but I settle on it.
Even the $$$$ so called free range chicken has been breed for fast grow and just isn't right and is often worse than the cheap stuff.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love chopped chicken livers-pate style and I love chicken hearts pan fried in butter.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At least 400-450 spread out on a sheet pan. You can roast onion, celery, carrots with the bones, anything that will hold up to the heat. Skin, neck and other parts and bits are fine too. Probably 30-40 minutes as least. I like the bones to get a little darker but the minimum is golden brown. Whatever you like. ;-) Throw any other herbs/aromatics in when you make the stock and then strain it all. The stock comes out very rich...I can often dilute it in soups, etc.

This is what I do minus roasting them additionally. I dump everything in the crock pot with olive oil (mirepoix, bones, some seasoning, and lots of herbs). I let it sweat for about an hour then I add water and keep it on low for a day. Then I strain and make my soup!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what I do minus roasting them additionally. I dump everything in the crock pot with olive oil (mirepoix, bones, some seasoning, and lots of herbs). I let it sweat for about an hour then I add water and keep it on low for a day. Then I strain and make my soup!

What does, "let it sweat" mean?

voce

Ideal_Rock
Skins, thighs, wings - yes yes yes!
Indifferent to breast
The tail used to be my absolute favorite years ago.

The tail is what we always throw away in our family. It's the fattiest part of a chicken, and because of that there's a lot of chicken hormones in that fatty tail. I say no to eating animal hormones whenever I can avoid such a thing. Hormones make the difference in taste between factory slaughtered meat and kosher or halal meat.

Maybe this makes me a snob, but it's true!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the oyster, then wings. If I'm in a good Japanese yakitori restaurant I always get the skin, the neck and the thigh meat. Least favorite is the breast meat.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is what I do exactly !

My Mirepoix:
Diced
2-3 Carrots
1 whole Celery
1-2 leek
1 onion

Garlic to taste

1-2tomatoes

The ingredient that gives the best taste is the celery and the tomato gives the right amount of sourness to give a little depth.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love wings too, especially when fried.

:) Do you prefer the drumette or the flat part of the wing? That is another poll that is going on, on one of my FB groups!

I prefer the 2-er as in the part with 2 bones, however, the mini drumpsticks are very nice too, depending on how they are cooked - I like them lollipopped, baked or deep fried and the covered in a spicy sticky sauce.

I would chew the tips if they are crispy.

I feel I am cheated out if I get wings without the tips! :lol-2:

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I shall roast a chicken tomorrow, so that the pets could have some, and I shall make chicken mayo with toasted sesame seeds and spring onions or Coronation Chicken as part of a cold platter for lunch.

Looking forward to having the crispy skins and the wings when it is freshly out of the oven! The drumsticks will be saved for snacking or lunch.

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chicken oysters on the back! I don't like the name as it makes me think of mountain oysters or prairie oysters (bulls testicles). It sounds better in French: 'sot l'y laisse' translated to 'the idiot leaves it'. Super succulent, flavourful and no veins or anything chewy. It's only a small part though. download (1).jpeg
Skins, thighs, wings - yes yes yes!
Indifferent to breast
The tail used to be my absolute favorite years ago.

ahhhh yes
the person's nose
i always scoff it as i take the bird out of the oven
my MIL also loved this piece

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't eat chicken.
My DH's favorite part of the chicken is chicken breast but he also enjoys the thigh.

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock

Long ago, I was the operations/financial manager for one of the best catering companies in Boston...and they did this every week. Works like a charm and makes an incredible base. You want the parts of the chickens that we don't normally touch. Necks, backs, feet. All the gelatinous parts. The secret is out. ;-)

Here is a Good chicken stock recipe similar to what my company used.

Last edited:

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Since my favorite parts are not on the list I voted for thighs. I love the organ meats. My all time favorite was KFC livers and gizzards. YUM....I could eat those all day. Too bad they are no longer on the menu.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What does, "let it sweat" mean?

Just cook it in the crockpot with the oil and spices but no water, the heat brings the water out of the veggies and it gets all steamy in there. The onions get translucent, the veggies get soft and let the flavor out.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some pics from the last batch, I only had leg bones since we just made drumsticks. I'm sure the oven method is better but my kitchen gets too hot so crock pot it is! chicken soup.jpg chickensoup2.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks.
Looks wonderful. :lickout:

I gotta do this.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wings #1, I always cooked them on my old charcoal BBQ. Usually marinades in either a Portuguese style marinade or my favourite; honey, soy and garlic.
Sometimes I'll add hickory wood chips into the BBQ to give them a really nice smokey flavour although sometimes I go overboard with that and wake up the next day feeling like I've been chewing on driftwood through my sleep :lol:

When it comes to more traditional dishes using diced chicken pieces, I tend to use thigh fillets. But I'll also rub a Moroccan spiced mix onto the thigh fillets and fry them whole too.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since my favorite parts are not on the list I voted for thighs. I love the organ meats. My all time favorite was KFC livers and gizzards. YUM....I could eat those all day. Too bad they are no longer on the menu.

Oh my goodness we never got those here :mrgreen2:
my country seems obsessed with KFC right now - Tuesday we go to covid level 3 and takeaways may open after being closed for a month
the menu was on the tv last night
the only bread options will be the little dinner bread buns which i love but no wraps or burgers

anyway we won't be rushing out for it, hoping it will be eaiser to shop at the supermarket

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results