shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s your dream dress??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

happygolucky851

Shiny_Rock
Just wondering what y''all like! I have been looking so much lately for some reason, and i''m not even engaged!!! I guess i''m worried I won''t be able to find that one dress. I LOVE LOVE LOVE lace and v-neck dresses. I think those are my two requirements....as of now! haha And I have really fallen in love with Pronovias. Some of them are so elegant and timeless, almost something I could see my grandmother wearing, but a little more modern cut. anyway, I just was wondering what you ladies love.

I''ll post first, this is kinda what i''m looking for, or something very similar to it.
It''s the Pronovias Laya. I cannot seem to find it anywhere. I think it is from their 2007 line. I actually saved it from someone else''s post of their dress. (sorry I cannot remember who though!!)

Do you think that bridal stores/boutiques will have something from a 2007 line??

pronovias Laya.jpg

happygolucky851

Shiny_Rock
WOW!! That is beautiful!! I love dresses that have a beautiful back. I love the lace up and the bow. So elegant!!

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
The dress you posted actually really reminds me of my current dream dress. I think you''ll like it...

3851.jpg

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
and the front is my 2nd favorite side of the dress
2.gif

3851_x1.jpg

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my dream dress. Maggie Sottero: Violet
Front.

violet-soterro.gif

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, not working. here''s the link
Violet

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 8:03:30 PM
Author: Callisto
2.gif
Ooooh! Me likey!

Too bad my backfat would ruin it.
3.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Those lace gowns are exquisite!!! I''m pretty sure I''ll go with a lace gown, but not sure which one...those are great contenders though! I also love two other completely different styles. Here''s Pronovias Diamente (
30.gif
)...

Pronovias-A-line-Diamante-Ivory-2008-1.jpg

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
My other love, but not sure that it''d look good on me. (Also, it''s from a couple years ago, so not sure if I could find it.) It''s a Carolina Herrera (probably couldn''t afford it either! LOL)

carolina herrera 2004 dress.jpg

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
2.gif
Who''s the maker? I absolutely love it!!!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 8:41:24 PM
Author: Still_Waiting
Date: 4/16/2009 8:11:14 PM

Author: Snicklefritz

Hmmm, not working. here''s the link

Violet

Ooh...very glamorous! =)

Thanks Still_Waiting! That''s exactly the look I''m going for!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Hey Happy! I''d bet a lot of shops cleared out their 2007s with sample sales, etc, but!! Their 2008/9/10 lines have a lot of similar styles! If you love Pronovias, check out La Sposa and San Patrick also...they''re the same! I looooove Pronovias too...which is probably why I bought one.
3.gif
9.gif
30.gif

Still, that''s Lazaro, my other love that was too expensive. Ahhh...
30.gif

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 8:42:16 PM

2.gif

Oops sorry! It''s Lazaro.

http://jlmcouture.com/Lazaro/Bridal/Fall/2008/Style-3851

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Now I''m hooked on Maggie Sottero! Thank goodness there''s a place that sells them a half hour from where we live!

audball

Ideal_Rock
I plan to elope and would love a beautiful tea length dress. While searching PS once, I came across a thread where laurenthepartier was asking for suggestions on tea length gowns for someone she knew (a sister in law or something if I remember correctly). Someone recommended Stephanie James Couture and her Tea Length line. There are three dress that I really like.

Dress 1 - Mrs. Kennedy

mrskennedyfrontcrop.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
Dress 2 - Audrey

Could be really fun with your face color tulle and some awesome matching colored shoes!

audreyfrontcrop.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
Dress 3 - Roxanne

roxannefrontcrop.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
I also ran across this dress in a random tea length search, no idea who it''s by, but it was very unique and I saved it for inspiration. I would pair any of the above with a birdcage veil of some kind. Simple, elegant, romantic, perfect
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

uniqueweddingdressbrown.jpg

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 8:39:42 PM
My other love, but not sure that it''d look good on me. (Also, it''s from a couple years ago, so not sure if I could find it.) It''s a Carolina Herrera (probably couldn''t afford it either! LOL)

That''s one of my dream gowns, too! Love it.

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 9:38:46 PM

Date: 4/16/2009 8:42:16 PM

2.gif

Oops sorry! It''s Lazaro.

http://jlmcouture.com/Lazaro/Bridal/Fall/2008/Style-3851
No wonder I was instantly attracted to it!
1.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Do you gals ever check out preownedweddingdresses.com? I''d totally be game for buying pre-owned if it meant I could get my dream dress at a reasonable price. I stalk this site constantly just because it''s so much fun to look at all the pictures! Although, sometimes it seems as though girls don''t really want to sell their dresses, based on the price they want for them. Usually, though, brides price appropriately. It''s worth checking out...I also like reading through the "Real Weddings" they have on their blog. Fun stuff to dream about!
2.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I dream of getting married in one of the Alecon lace sheaths by Monique Lhuillier. My favorite on is the Melissa. I don''t think I''ll be able to afford an ML dress unless it''s pre-owned, which I would totally go for.

mscushion_moniquelhuilliermelissa.jpg

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Alternatively, I also really love the Melissa Sweet Natalie.

mscushion_melissasweetnatalie.jpg

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
MsCushion - I LOVE your taste! I want lace and some kind of cap or short sleeve! Gorgeous dresses!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Happy - I think there were 3 or 4 dresses from Maggie Soterro you may like, they looked similar to the one you posted!

letthesunshine

Rough_Rock
I have loved the first dress since college when i bought a wedding magazine to get inspiration for an evening gown i had to make (i was a fashion design major)

f07_2902_ad.jpg

letthesunshine

Rough_Rock
Here is the second one i adore. I dont know how to post multiple pictures in one post, can someone tell me how?

4213_primary.jpg

happygolucky851

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness Callisto!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that dress!! I think once I get to the point where i''m trying dresses on,(which i''m hoping is soon!!!) I will fall in love with anything v-neck with lace!! I did not realize there were so many dresses that are so similar!! Makes me happy!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

SunnyD: I see.. i''m not the most knowledgeable person about dresses. Thanks for clearing up my question! I hope their 2008 styles will be a little cheaper... isn''t pronovias pretty expensive? I''ve tried searches for prices but that''s another thing i''m not so good at! ha

I absolutely love everyone''s dresses! I could spend hours and hours looking at everyone''s tastes in wedding dresses! i''m addicted!! keep em coming!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results