shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s your biggest wedding day fear?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Just wondering, what do you guys fear the most (if anything) about the actual wedding day?...does it keep you up at night, do you dream about it, do you have a plan to deal with it?

I may regret asking this question and reading the responses b/c i may start to worry about things that were never an issue before
3.gif
but i am curious anyway b/c I asked this question to FI last night...his was speaking in front of everyone. Mine was rain and people not fully enjoying themselves....it helped to talk about it b/c we both gave good solid reassurances to each other and it may be nice to know we are not alone when we toss and turn at night trying to get to sleep...sure the wedding is just ONE day, but boy does it consume months of thought!

wendybird

Rough_Rock
pictures are a huge issue to me & we''re not using a videographer. so i guess for me it''s just that pictures aren''t going to turn out well or the photographer not showing up or something.

everything else for some reasons i can care less about, but then again i may be singing a different tune when the big day approaches.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Tripping and falling on my face as I walk down the aisle or go down the strairs... Eep!
32.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
When I got married many years ago, my fear was tripping on dress or stairs.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
that it''ll rain or groomsmen will be late. another fear is that band will be a disappointment (I''ve never seen them play, just a DVD and they were quite reasonable).

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
RAIN!

I''m having a golf course ceremony with a ton of people and I''m very nervous that it will rain, even though I picked the dryest month of the year in that part of the country. The rain plan is twofold... if it is just a bit of rain, we''ll do it on the tented porch off the dining room, but if it''s a big storm it will have to be in the ballroom that will already be set up for the reception... so I''m just hoping it won''t rain!!!

Other than that, I''m worried FMIL might throw some kind of fit. Not completely unheard of.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 12:11:25 PM
Author: anchor31
Tripping and falling on my face as I walk down the aisle or go down the strairs... Eep!
32.gif
yup, that''s mine too!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
rain and tripping, pretty consistent...just that type of thing...

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
tripping eh? actually never thought of that...oh no, new stressor hehe

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
RAIN!!!!!!!!! My wedding''s on the beach!

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
I have a couple:

1. Red wine!! I have a VERY baaaad track record...
a. At a halloween party three years ago.. the lady who is throwing my bridal shower... spilled an entire glass of red wine on my white cotton dress (I was dressed as an angel!!)... She was mortified... what did I do??... cocked my halo to the side.. and became a drunk Angel!! no one knew any different... LOL...
b. I spilled red wine on my MOH wedding dress (I know I know!!).. it was just two drops on the hemline, which I was able to blot off...
I think my problem is that sometimes catering wine glasses... they are shaped soooo odd (read: short and stubby).. so one little misstep.. and red wine is sloshed everywhere!!

So.. my rule the day of... no red wine for me (booohooo.. its my favorite) champagne or white wine only!

2. Rain!!! argghhhhhhh...
The ceremony is on the beach, and the reception is on a lawn!!! ahhh the stress!! enough said!!!

3. This one is kind of silly..
The hemline on my dress being too short. I''m gonna be barefoot on the beach.. and in 2.5 inch heels for the reception... so the seamstress went a "middle of the road" hem... ughh.. if I can see my feet.. I''m gonna be soo sad... I have a thing for LONG dresses.. I loove floor length dresses.

krockie

Shiny_Rock
Oh boy, am I sorry I read this one!
1. I''m terrified that people are going to hate the food and be vocal about it. I haven''t tasted it yet so this one may go away.
2. I am terrified that the decorations we''d like to use (leaves and fruit instead of flowers) are going to look cheap and out of place, even though it all looks so lovely in my head.
3. I''m terrified of getting hives, which is my body''s favorite thing to do when I''m nervous or stressed, and which would be totally exposed if I get the dress I am in love with.
4. I''m worried that people are going to get too drunk (open bar, baby!) and something bad/stupid will happen.
5. I''m worried that I''ll hate my hair and makeup since I am so freaking picky about it.

Is that enough? Can I stop now?
19.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 2:15:22 PM
Author: aquarius_ser
RAIN!!!!!!!!! My wedding''s on the beach!

Yep, rain for my beach wedding, or one of us getting the flu or something!!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 4:18:34 PM
Author: ImpatientOne

Yep, rain for my beach wedding, or one of us getting the flu or something!!!

I''m worried about illness too, as i sit here incapacitated for the next week with pneumonia. I''m glad it''s happening NOW but what if something hits me around the wedding? I''m freaked about that. All I could think of in the dr.''s office the other day was the wedding.

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
that it won''t be for 3 years!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, I hadn''t even thought about getting sick.

My two biggest fears are:
1) Wind, that it''ll be very windy for our beach wedding. Rain, I can deal with... I''m sure we can scrouge up some umbrellas, worst case.

2) I''ll lose it and start screaming at my family. When I get frustrated I lose my temper. If something goes wrong with my hair or I think I look ugly, I may snap! Bridezilla here we come! Unfortunately only my Fi can turn my snarls into smiles.
5.gif

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I''m don''t guess I have any wedding fears at this point. I mean, I have a list of things that I would rather not have happen. I don''t want it to rain, I don''t want the kids in my bridal party to get shy and freak out, I don''t want for things to go un-perfectly as far as food and photography and music goes, I don''t want anyone to have anything to complain about. But, I''m not too worried about it if it does because, well, I don''t have controll over everything, so I''ll worry about what I can controll and say, "eh, not my fault" at what I can''t. The way I see it, we''ll be married either way. I actually don''t expect things to go perfectly according to my master plan because few things ever go completely perfectly. But even if things don''t go as expected, I will probably still think everything is perfect because I am so happy just to get married and I think that inperfections make for good memories and funny stories. But we''re keeping things pretty simple and classy, so there isn''t really much that can be a total disaster. And if anyone has anything rude to say about it--well, they can just show themselves right out of my life because who needs that anyway?

Anyway, wedding fears are definately legitimate because I mean weddings are expensive, and you only get one shot, so it is expected to worry whether everything will be just right. But as long as your biggest fear isn''t being left at the altar, I think you''re in pretty good shape.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Rain, as I''d really like to have the ceremony outside. Or a hurricane or something that prevented people from getting to the wedding.

Beyond that, fiance is little phobic about public speaking (he had a stutter as a kid) and he worries that he''ll mess up the vows or be unable to speak loud enough for people to hear him. It wouldn''t be a big deal to me if those things happened, but I worry that he would be feeling uncomfortable and nervous instead of happy.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Like most of you, rain was my fear...especially as it became a reality in the forecast! It rarely rains here in so cal in early october! But it cleared up and we had a gorgeous day. We did have a backup plan, so I wasn''t overly worried.

I also was afraid that the stylist wouldn''t show up due to some emergency. It was the only area where I really splurged for myself because I loved her work. I comforted myself knowing that I could somehow manage to make myself look decent if she didn''t show.

My biggest fear close to my wedding was that I wouldn''t fit into my dress (I bought it a size small, as it was the only one close to my size they had). I really didn''t want to shop for another one! When I got into it, the first two stresses I mentioned didn''t feel all that stressful!

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
honestly? my biggest fear is sweating.
i know it sounds dumb, but i am convinced that my 9/22 (in western nys) wedding will be a freak indian summer day of 90 degree heat and high humidity.
and i HATE the heat!!! plus, when i get nervous i sweat on my forehead.
i''m seriously considering buying those ''stay cool'' patches they sell for menopausal women- just stick ''em on and they''re supposed to prevent hot flashes....

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
labbielove--get some Drysol, it''s a super powered antiperspirent (sp?)--i think you have to specifically ask for it at the phamacy b/c it is kept behind the counter (at least that is the case in canada) i got it once for a big event and i stayed totally dry--i don''t think it''s really good for your body, but i figure for one day, it''s worth it...

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a little afraid that people won''t like the band, because they are a little *different* than most wedding bands. Plus, I haven''t ever seen them play in person...And I am definitely afraid that people will not like the type of music (dulcimer and fiddle playing old-time mountain music) that we will have for the ceremony and cocktail hour. As long as they aren''t vocal about it though, I guess I probably wouldn''t know, right? And FI and I like it alot, so I guess that is what matters!

I don''t want it to rain or be too hot, but I figure I can''t do much about that. Buying some cool umbrellas just in case, and possibly that deodorant previously mentioned!
3.gif

Oddly, I am not too worried about tripping, even though I am sort of clumsy. I guess I can picture myself doing it and just laughing it off...
5.gif

I did have a nightmare that the photographer had never been hired...but fortunately he has been and I have (nearly) complete faith in him!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 5:45:37 PM
Author: basil
Rain, as I''d really like to have the ceremony outside. Or a hurricane or something that prevented people from getting to the wedding.

Beyond that, fiance is little phobic about public speaking (he had a stutter as a kid) and he worries that he''ll mess up the vows or be unable to speak loud enough for people to hear him. It wouldn''t be a big deal to me if those things happened, but I worry that he would be feeling uncomfortable and nervous instead of happy.

My officiant has a version of vows where all the couple has to say is "I Do" twice. He says he switches to that if one of the couple looks panic stricken.
31.gif
Perhaps yours has one like that too?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That its going to keep getting pushed out till I''m old gray and bitter.

Sorry. Frustrated.

Trelala

Shiny_Rock
Gosh, at this point (a little more than 3 months to go) my greatest fear of the moment is weeping during the ceremony. And tripping on heels while walking in gravel.
I suppose I should fret about ordering a cake. But we can''t decide on a cake... I want a cream and gold pagoda...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My biggest fear was crying during the ceremony, or even before as my dad walked me down the aisle. But actually I didn''t cry at all during the ceremony (DH did, though), and it sounded to me like everyone around us was sniffling, but I was dry as could be! It kind of disappointed me later...I remember thinking "what is wrong with me?" LOL.

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
Actually this is a really good thread for what''s been on my mind lately -- I have been absolutely and completely been freaking out about one thing -- That no one will come to my wedding. I mean, we''re only inviting 100 and I really don''t care how big it is am ecstatic with what I have, but I don''t want to have all that food and everything with no people === I have this horrifying vision of empty pews and then empty tables, and hundreds of pictures of just me and FI because no one else showed up ==

Am I a complete weirdo? This is my only fear about that day, but it''s HUGE to me

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results