shape
carat
color
clarity

Whats the scoop??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

andrea

Shiny_Rock
I periodically stop to window shop while I''m at the mall, and have noticed that when I ask about them, for ***** and giggles, they''re man made.
Since I''m no expert, why are they as eye appealing as the real thing, and what do they mean by "treated"?
The price is definitely more "attractive" than the real thing too.
love.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hello-In response to your inquiry. If you are more specific you might be able to get someone to elaborate on some of your questions. There are several synthetic stones (lab created) gems out on the market. There are also several different "treatments" in which stones can receive...for example gems are heat treated in order to enhance the brilliance and saturation of their color. There are several other treatments too in order to enhance physical characteristics of stones such as inclusions A(flaws) like laser enhancement. A tiny hole is bore into the stone with the use of a laser in order to make a dark inclusion lighter. The price varies in different stones but synthetics or lab created stones and stones which have received treatment to make them appear better than they originally looked are always cheaper because they are not the real thing. I hope this answers some of your questions. If you can elaborate a little more I and others on the forum can help you more.

See ya-
Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
wavey.gif

andrea

Shiny_Rock
I caught bits and pieces of info., so lets see if I can remember something that might answer more of my question.
It's a simulant diamond,
color range D-E, E-F,
clarity vvs1,
hardness 9.0-9.1
65% heavier,
has Diamond coating??
Some of this may be a little inaccurate, as it wasn't important to me. But am now curious.
Thanks, and I hope this was more of the info. you were looking for.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results