shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s the maximum size that the 8mm legacy LOGR can take?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I have an 8.3mm and an 8.5mm cushion. Does anyone think the 8.3 could be bezel-set, and could the 8.5 be prong set? LOGR gave me a quote of $477 to customize to 8.5mm, plus a non-refundable $30 labor fee.
23.gif
That''s more than 5 times the price of my stones! Of course, this also includes making a two-toned RG head and WG shank and upgrading the diamonds to VS,H. I also thought they upgraded the diamonds to G-color?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2009 2:50:20 PM
Author:cellentani
I have an 8.3mm and an 8.5mm cushion. Does anyone think the 8.3 could be bezel-set, and could the 8.5 be prong set? LOGR gave me a quote of $477 to customize to 8.5mm, plus a non-refundable $30 labor fee.
23.gif
That''s more than 5 times the price of my stones! Of course, this also includes making a two-toned RG head and WG shank and upgrading the diamonds to VS,H. I also thought they upgraded the diamonds to G-color?
Good question, I know a 9mm round fits in there perfectly, but I think there''s some leeway with a round stone vs. a cushion. I think 8.5 might be pushing it, but a good benchman might be able to "make it fit."

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks TL. You have this 8mm setting, right? Have you used it yet?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2009 7:17:47 PM
Author: cellentani
Yes, I have it, so does Mochi.

I cannot find a stone that I like that will fit it. I''ve had it forever sitting empty.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Can I come over to your house to see if my stones fit in your setting?
41.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The plane ticket might cover the cost of the resized LOGR
2.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 7:21:45 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 5/18/2009 7:17:47 PM
Author: cellentani
Yes, I have it, so does Mochi.

I cannot find a stone that I like that will fit it. I''ve had it forever sitting empty.
Hey TL, do you have digital calipers that would measure the inside diameter of the setting?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did measure once, and it''s a true 8mm

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it also depends on the cushion outline. Are the sides of the cushions rounded outwards? If so, then the measurement for the setting should be the point to point, not the fat side to the fat side, if you know what I mean. I have a 9.6 x 9.6 mm cushion which fits a 9 mm setting and is way too small for a 10 mm setting because it''s a "fat" cushion.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 10:01:50 PM
Author: Chrono
I think it also depends on the cushion outline. Are the sides of the cushions rounded outwards? If so, then the measurement for the setting should be the point to point, not the fat side to the fat side, if you know what I mean. I have a 9.6 x 9.6 mm cushion which fits a 9 mm setting and is way too small for a 10 mm setting because it''s a ''fat'' cushion.
Thanks for your input Chrono! Yes, both of my cushions (they''re the morganites) have rounded sides. Measuring them from corner to corner like you suggested would only work if I''m prong-setting though, right? Gaah - this is driving me nuts!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For bezeling, the entire stone has to "sit" in the seat, so it has to fit pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results